Forum › Picture of Tears discussion

runrin Staff
Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

surprised that the response to the ending has been about 50% positive on here and MD. didn't expect it, but I'm glad people enjoyed it. <3

im really excited to see if the art style in her next thing is different, or if she'll use the same style again. pretty impressive for a first work to have so much character in the art though. usually that takes time to develop.

Technicolor_disturbance_by_kancano-d31lywi
joined Dec 5, 2019

10/10 art
story is not my kind of thing but still in the upper middle.
adding my perspective, it's also comments about conflict of perception and reality (koike's art, sae's crush, riko's friendship). The fact that the protagonist is photographer is quite fitting.
I can't exactly understand what is conclusion though. Maybe the implication that riko was reading magazine at the end means that she actually tried to see what's in front of her, not what she usually saw? or tried to understand herself looking at the photo where her emotions laid bare?

Redone
joined Oct 10, 2016

The art is cute and crazy. It's a really fun mixture, I see the contrast in almost evert page between the two characters and the story looks like we have a ways to go.

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

I just glad Riko doesn't like Sae anymore. Better stay away from that unhealthy shit to being in one. Maybe she could finally be on her own and live the life she can now.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I was worried that they wouldn't have time to tie everything up and at the end, I think I was right. The boy just disappears from the plot after giving something of an exposition dump and the sudden stage show feels really ubrupt. Certainly not the worst ending on this site (We all know which series has the luxury of that title) but definitely could have been better.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

I liked the series, I liked the ending! I didn't think it was possible to wrap it up, but there it was!

Of course a sequel is highly possible ;-)

joined Apr 10, 2023

This was such a fascinating manga. Someone in this thread compared it to Junji Ito and that feels apt because it all makes a lot more sense if you think of it as a horror manga. And framed as a horror manga, this ending was actually a good one. Riko's feelings and behavior towards Sae were practically a curse and in the end Sae realizes it and breaks the curse. Hopefully she'll move on and find much better people to be around, far, far away from Tomie Jr. over here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.