Forum › There's Weird Voices Coming from the Room Next Door! discussion

6cd
joined May 11, 2016

I'm now convinced that Sakurako is the lesbianest of Japanese surnames.

You know too much. Be careful out there with that knowledge.

joined Jul 26, 2016

They apparently don't know the difference between given and last/family names tho.

Technicolor_disturbance_by_kancano-d31lywi
joined Dec 5, 2019

They apparently don't know the difference between given and last/family names tho.

as in "they don't have specific indicators which is which" or as in "they use one name for person"?

joined Jul 26, 2016

as in "they don't have specific indicators which is which" or as in "they use one name for person"?

Near as I am aware the -ko ("child") suffix is used exclusively for first/given names (and just about solely female ones at that but that's beside the point).

Technicolor_disturbance_by_kancano-d31lywi
joined Dec 5, 2019

Near as I am aware the -ko ("child") suffix is used exclusively for first/given names (and just about solely female ones at that but that's beside the point).

but does sakurako have "child" kanji? it easily could be "rako" or some alternative reading.

joined Jul 26, 2016

but does sakurako have "child" kanji? it easily could be "rako" or some alternative reading.

I'm tolerably sure I've never ever seen that combination used as anything else than a feminine given name, anywhere.

last edited at Feb 18, 2020 10:18AM

joined Mar 15, 2017

Sakurako is her given name. She gave her family as Tashiro (田代) in the doujin version. But there are family names that end with 子, such as Kaneko or Hirako.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

A challenger approaches!

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Sakurako x Nakano just doesn't do it for me for some reason. It's all about Nagisa x Nakano.

joined Jun 12, 2019

Nakano has a harem right

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Ten bucks says Akiho also gets dragged into it.

$20

tree fiddy

free tiddy

for dirty

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Thirty Thieves And The Thunder Chief

Dirty Lezzies Have Done Her Deep

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

I read it in one go. Looks fun.

joined Dec 28, 2016

Manga Cafes... never been there. So how low-brow is it to work there or go there?

Not super low brow. They're really cheap though and you can rent one for like all day for like ~$20. They have 24 hour rental options as well.

Can you sleep in those places? I mean, when one of the characters wanted to bang in there, her view point is like: this is the place for it to happen on the cheap/desperate.

Yes lots of people sleep at them. Having sex at them would be a bit ridiculous, they're SUPER quiet with open tops so you'd have to make no noise at all or it would be obvious what's going on.

Do they have a negative connotation in Japan? What equivalent establishment in the U.S. has the same reputation as Manga Cafes? (Comic Book stores with cots?)

There's no real equivalent I think. Think some place that rents private rooms with a computer and a padded floor (or desk chair, there's various versions) as well as a huge old manga collection and some variety of convenience store foods for sale (and often free soda/coffee as well). They're generally quite clean. They also have showers.

last edited at Feb 24, 2020 1:55AM

Nihongo Wakarahen
joined Mar 14, 2013

just fyi it's been a busy week or so so just one chapter this week... when i get around to doing the corrections after qc (thanks schuyguy)

might move to one-a-week as well in general

Also, why does dynasty take so long to serve a single pageeeeeeee :<

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Holy shit what a setup this is. Not just sleeping next to your crush, but sleeping next to your crush while the people next door have loud gay sex. Truly this is a special kind of spicy. An extra-special kind of hoooo boy.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Title drop

20220104_023724
joined Feb 11, 2013

Alert! Main character is in gran danger. I repeat big gay danger! Girl is so defenceless now.

It would have been better if both of them were awake to hear the weird noises that two sexual gays make in their natural doing...

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Alert! Main character is in gran danger. I repeat big gay danger!

Big Gay Danger is my wrestling name

joined Mar 8, 2016

p. 104 - "The last train ceased to exist." Is that really what she said, or is it an expression that means more like "the last train was cancelled?" Because while the former is I guess funny, it's not the kind of thing you would say that would be taken at face value (at the very least saying a joking lie like that suddenly would reveal her interest.)

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

ROLL CREDITS

ding

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Well this is going to backfire spectacularly. ;p

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Do they have a negative connotation in Japan? What equivalent establishment in the U.S. has the same reputation as Manga Cafes? (Comic Book stores with cots?)

There's no real equivalent I think. Think some place that rents private rooms with a computer and a padded floor (or desk chair, there's various versions) as well as a huge old manga collection and some variety of convenience store foods for sale (and often free soda/coffee as well). They're generally quite clean. They also have showers.

There's at least one establishment I can think of that also has padded rooms, but I suppose it's not exactly the same thing...

...it's just a similar thing.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

OMG the train! and the people in the train!!!!! LOL
she's a chick magnet

Stupidruby
joined Dec 30, 2017

Roll Credits! DING

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

ROLL CREDITS

ding

Roll Credits! DING

What're you both referencing?

To reply you must either login or sign up.