Forum › Come Rain or Shine discussion

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

think i prefer this over the og version

I, as me personally, wouldn't go that far (yet).
It does have a different feel to it, though. One that implies to me, that the author realized the original intent either shifted as she thought up more of the progression of the story, or that the intent early on wasn't set up clearly enough to match her vision.
Either way, I really don't mind the changes.

I like(d) the earlier chapters of the OG version. But I would also say, that this "new beginning" fits the OG later chapters (Ren's character in particular) much better than the original one...
Hnn... so, to me (so far) neither is better or worse, overall. They are very similar superficially, but on closer inspection just so different that I would not be able to compare them properly. There are many things I like in both versions.

I think, it's nice to see that the author did not only take this opportunity to polish up her art-design (visually) but also to adjust some of the narrative presentation. Even on this scale that certainly took a lot of effort...

I wonder if she did that on her own accord or if there were some legal issues that had her redo the whole thing (for it now being published somewhere else). If it was voluntary, then kudos. If it was not, then... well, still kudos. XD

last edited at Jan 4, 2020 12:16PM

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Those fluffy twintails make me think of Kana's, though they're not quite as majestic. Same author after all.

joined Nov 11, 2010

The re-serialization is being written differently because the original series already has two volumes published which set up Mikoto and Nekozaki's relationship. Even if the series is being re-serialized, there's no point in treading over the same ground. Arata Iri stated in the afterword of vol 2 that she'd be reworking the series so that it'd still be interesting for readers of the original, and based on this chapter that seems to mean she will be fast-forwarding the romance somewhat in order to get to new material.

It's not really a matter of 'which is better'. The original series is not obsolete. Although obviously Arata-sensei has taken the opportunity to refine the first chapter for the re-serialization, I expect that the plot/development of the new series will diverge/go past the first series fairly quickly once the basic setup is out of the way.

Eqdbyreu8aaiibl
joined Oct 4, 2017

Thanks god, Nekozaki confess in the first chap. I like the old one but this one too is good in a less comedy way.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Oh my gosh this is amazing, it's like the original, which was great, but upgrading itself so that it's not just silly, and it has serious points too. Love love love it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

She did lose hair (the student council president) compared to the original xD

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/todo_no_tsumari_no_uchouten_ch01#18
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/come_rain_or_shine_ch02#10
RIP pony tail

This remake is good~ thank you!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I... think I liked the explosive, over the top feel of the original better. This is much closer to standard "cute girls doing cute things" fare.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yozora also became smaller she stand at 161cm in the original when here she barely make at 160cm.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

I'm getting depressed with how this doesn't click with me at all...
new scenes seem meaningless and lifeless even when talking about vibrant colors ((
guess the charatcers feel different too and I miss them

Technicolor_disturbance_by_kancano-d31lywi
joined Dec 5, 2019

Damn, i really like arata iri.
there's the same amount of explosive comedy, it's just there's more of mikotoxnekozaki gayness present
the only fault i can find is yozora's reworked design, but i'm more than willing to forgive for that glorious shot of half-naked nekozaki.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I like how this lean more on romance, but I like the comedic aspect of the og one.

joined Jan 3, 2020

I... think I liked the explosive, over the top feel of the original better. This is much closer to standard "cute girls doing cute things" fare.

What? That's basically the opposite of how you could define the series. So far this is a Yuri romance plot with both characters aware of it.

The original series was literally slice of life comedy CGDCT.

Personally I don't like comedy or CGDCT at all - I read these purely for the Yuri romance setups, confessions, and subsequent relationships. Obviously that means I'm quite pleased with the reboot myself so far.

last edited at Feb 1, 2020 11:28AM

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

This new retelling seems way more focused on the story. I like it way better so far. It still has the comedic kicks but without being drawn out with endless side gags that slowed down the pacing between nekozaki and mikoto. This second chapter really nailed that I'm for me.

As much as I love Arata Iri the original felt like nothing ever happened. It was slow as hell. This was a much needed change.

last edited at Feb 1, 2020 11:27AM

joined Dec 30, 2018

Nice and gay
Love it!

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

are those daoih and fuji from chomprehensive tovarisch?(on the bottom right panel) i think they´re

last edited at Feb 1, 2020 1:16PM

Eqdbyreu8aaiibl
joined Oct 4, 2017

are those daoih and fuji from chomprehensive tovarisch?(on the bottom right panel) i think they´re

Nice catch! I wish they are.

last edited at Feb 1, 2020 1:46PM

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Reading this always makes me happy, even when my life and my health are a mess.

It always makes you happy?
I see, * wink, wink * * tear, tear *

last edited at Feb 1, 2020 1:51PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

at first i tought that todo no tsumari ucho ten had a weird pace, at times it felt like it was going way to fast and sometimes there was just way too much comedy to properly enjoy the story, but a while ago i re-read the whole manga and i think most of m issues with the manga came from how apart the releases were, after re-reading it i think todo no tsumari ucho ten was actually pretty good
i think is too early to tell if this reboot is going to be as comedy focus as todo no tsumari or more center on the romance but i can really feel arata iri style on it

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Yeah this is definitely gayer, which has me excited as hell. Can't wait to see everyone else's romance arcs as well

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

yay!! a new chapter!!! and soooo cute!!!

...ha? If you ask me, it's the exact opposite. "Cute girls doing cute things" is usually embodied by chaotic, over-the-top comedy - Yuru Yuri, Yuyushiki, Gabriel Dropout etc come to mind. The original was exactly that to a tee, down to the overexaggerated faces, and I wasn't that interested as a result since that kind of series is a dime-a-dozen. Not that they're bad, but I've had my life's-worth of comedy between cute girls with mega subtext that never goes anywhere.

Of course, there are also peaceful CGDCT series too, but with these club members it certainly isn't anything like the healing brand of CGDCT. Now it feels like it's distinctly trying to be more like a romance story, and I'm super buying whatever it's selling as long as it stops selling expired interruption tropes that have long past their best-by date.

(I can forgive it for now since it is a reboot of a comedy manga, after all, but I really hope actual progress is made)

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I tried really hard to like this one--both the original and this reboot--but for some reason those four "club members" just really REALLY rub me the wrong way. I get irritated every time I read a panel they're involved in.

joined Sep 13, 2018

i dont feel the thing that got me hooked in the original one , but its totally gay so its OK in my book

joined Jun 12, 2019

This one definitely feels more serious and less comedic which is not bad. I do like the more focus on the romance a bit but I kinda miss the silly faces in the og. But this is still good

joined Feb 20, 2015

So yeah, since it is kind of hard to remember names in this guy's series, it's nice that he has types of animals in the names to help you along. But I got to thinking about it and I remembered an anecdote about a bear (Kumakura) and a rabbit (Usagida) that I heard a long time ago.

A bear and a rabbit were taking a shit in the woods
The bear said, "Hey, you ever have a problem with shit sticking to your fur?"
The rabbit said, "...no"
So the bear wiped his ass with the rabbit

To reply you must either login or sign up.