Forum › Her Kiss - Infectious Lust discussion

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
  • Wait, wouldn't Ayane be taking care of Sana? Isn't she the top?

That makes no sense. A relationship is a two way street. Both parties should be supporting each other to the best of their ability. This isn't some fifties het couple where the man's the bread winner and the woman stays home.

Ayane is assertive and stoic but she definitely has some anxiety and trust issues. Sana is becoming more assertive as she understands her feelings more and more. She doesn't know much about what it takes to survive in the world, but she's prepared to do what's necessary to provide for Ayane. Ayane is a layabout and prone to moping and conceding, but she steps out of her comfort zone to be there for Sana.

There is no top or bottom (even sexually). This is a relationship of equals and they just want to care for the other, rather than be cared for. It's give AND take, not either/or.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

That makes no sense. A relationship is a two way street. Both parties should be supporting each other to the best of their ability. This isn't some fifties het couple where the man's the bread winner and the woman stays home.

Ayane is assertive and stoic but she definitely has some anxiety and trust issues. Sana is becoming more assertive as she understands her feelings more and more. She doesn't know much about what it takes to survive in the world, but she's prepared to do what's necessary to provide for Ayane. Ayane is a layabout and prone to moping and conceding, but she steps out of her comfort zone to be there for Sana.

There is no top or bottom (even sexually). This is a relationship of equals and they just want to care for the other, rather than be cared for. It's give AND take, not either/or.

Psst, it was a joke.
Also, tops and bottoms exist sexually, as do switches, just because you yourself are not a top or bottom doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Don't take it in such an extreme way though, even in a bottom/top relationship reciprocal care and love is a standard, just like in any romantic relationship, people just have their own preferences and ways and values etc., but yes in this case it seems more like they're both +- equal switches.
If you're gonna say that there are no instances of one person being the breadwinner and the other taking care of household tasks, then that's just ignorance. Yes the traditional view of that is based on sexism and male- breadwinner female- housework genderstereotypes, but it dowsn't have to be. You can have a perfectly healthy lesbian relationship where one person works and is usually the sexual top, where the other takes care of the housework and is the sexual bottom. It's possible.
Also the bottom is actually the top

last edited at Jan 28, 2020 6:57PM

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Ayane is prolly a service top, someone who gets off pleasuring her partner. Or who knows, when Sana grows a little older, she'll understand bed dynamics and they'll switch.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Also, yay to Micchan and Co. They just know what to do when Sana gets lonely.

joined Apr 8, 2019

I do hope that the series continues, since not everything about the plot has been covered yet.

joined Nov 7, 2013

this is a sweet chapter. i melted >. <

joined May 7, 2017

this story is so sweet it should be prohibited

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

No it shouldn't! It's worth the diabete!

joined Feb 18, 2015

Well, it looks like mom won't have too much of a problem accepting the relationship when they actually tell her about it. She already correctly guessed that she shouldn't open the door on them when they are making lovey dovey noises.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Psst, it was a joke.
Also, tops and bottoms exist sexually, as do switches, just because you yourself are not a top or bottom doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Don't take it in such an extreme way though, even in a bottom/top relationship reciprocal care and love is a standard, just like in any romantic relationship, people just have their own preferences and ways and values etc., but yes in this case it seems more like they're both +- equal switches.
If you're gonna say that there are no instances of one person being the breadwinner and the other taking care of household tasks, then that's just ignorance. Yes the traditional view of that is based on sexism and male- breadwinner female- housework genderstereotypes, but it dowsn't have to be. You can have a perfectly healthy lesbian relationship where one person works and is usually the sexual top, where the other takes care of the housework and is the sexual bottom. It's possible.
Also the bottom is actually the top

I don't regret anything I said. I was talking about this relationship specifically. My mom's a stay-at-home-mom while my dad works and they have a fairly equal relationship (if not leaning more in her direction). But Sana and Ayane don't feel that way to me.

And I didn't read it as a joke. It felt abrasive in its wording, like the genuine ignorance that some people in media/fandom spaces sometimes exhibit. My sister frequents slash communities and a lot of people in them have that mindset, of the top/bottom, dom/sub, seme/uke relationship dynamic not just sexually but domestically. So my mind read it that way and, when I read it, I got upset to the point where I couldn't stop myself from saying something (even in bed on my phone and i hate typing on my phone). If it really was a joke, then I feel it was in poor taste or not telegraphed well enough. It felt genuine to me.

last edited at Jan 29, 2020 3:14AM

As a third party, gonna say it was clearly a joke. So clearly. Telegraphed from the other side of the planet, with phrasing that is extremely commonly used in jest. It's one thing to misinterpret a joke - communication is messy, that happens all the time - but I think you're reading way, way, way too much into something that isn't there and being ridiculously unnecessarily aggressive about it.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Hahaha they way her mom drew ayane xD and like mother like daughter when it comes to have keen eye for beautiful girls

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

One of the reasons I thought at first that this series might have a slightly darker (or at least more serious) tone than it’s actually taken is that Ayane was obviously initially portrayed using several classic top/seme tropes—the “suddenly too close” move with both Sana and Micchan, the disappearance/withdrawal move early on, the blatant public kissing, etc.—and really her sexual aggressiveness generally.

The series has since undercut that depiction by “domesticating” Ayane into Sana’s group of friends and the story heading in an overall fluffier direction. But it’s not like the Ayane-as-top suggestions aren’t there.

joined Jan 14, 2020

As the 'top' commenter, I'd say you're both right. It was partly a joke, and also genuine surprise, perhaps poorly expressed.

To try to be precise: I was surprised at Sana's implicit assumption that she should be the one supporting them. Given Ayane's aggressiveness/taking-the-lead and feel of maturity, I would say that if we were to assume either one of them would be the supporter/breadwinner, and the other the 'housewife', why not Ayane as supporter?

There is of course no reason they need to have a breadwinner/housewife dynamic, but tell Sana that.

And yes, there's no reason the sexual top has to be the breadwinner when there is both a breadwinner and a top. But, joke. Which is now dead.

joined Jul 23, 2019

Just get yourself some insuline, geez.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

As the 'top' commenter, I'd say you're both right. It was partly a joke, and also genuine surprise, perhaps poorly expressed.

To try to be precise: I was surprised at Sana's implicit assumption that she should be the one supporting them. Given Ayane's aggressiveness/taking-the-lead and feel of maturity, I would say that if we were to assume either one of them would be the supporter/breadwinner, and the other the 'housewife', why not Ayane as supporter?

I read that completely differently—that Sana was assuming Ayane-Unaware-That-Hamburger-Steak-Can-Be-Made-At-Home-And-Doesn’t-Have-A-Cellphone,-etc.-chan would be useless in the workaday world, so Sana would need to be the one with the job.

Of course, a scene with Ayane at an interview for an OL job could be pretty amusing. . .

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

Seeing Ayane all dressed up like this proper student to convince her mother she isn’t bad for her, was so hilarious I couldn‘t stop smiling

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Tbh Ayane, although initially coming across as mature because of her Kuudere vibe is actually pretty immature and world-strange, like Blastaar mentioned with the hamburger, but also remember her abandoning Sana-chan because she wanted to see the face she'd make, as well as her social awkwardness stemming from immaturity or well, lack of growth, in general, e.g. in regards to having friends etc.
Although Ayane might be the more experienced one in regards to a romantic relationship, I'd say that's where her "topness" ends. Although even in the sexual regard she isn't as top heavy, as she's constantly encouraging Sana-chan to engage and take a lead as well (which I find excruciatingly adorable) which brings Ayane down from a top to more of an intermediate position or at least once Sana becomes more more comfortable with handholding, in my opinion at least. Though this could evolve any which way towards the future.

last edited at Jan 29, 2020 5:13PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^As I said, I had this one pegged, in particular in regard to Amane, as “interesting”; I was not quite expecting so much “adorable.”

Not that I’m complaining.

joined Dec 5, 2019

Tbh Ayane, although initially coming across as mature because of her Kuudere vibe is actually pretty immature and world-strange, like Blastaar mentioned with the hamburger, but also remember her abandoning Sana-chan because she wanted to see the face she'd make, as well as her social awkwardness stemming from immaturity or well, lack of growth, in general, e.g. in regards to having friends etc.
Although Ayane might be the more experienced one in regards to a romantic relationship, I'd say that's where her "topness" ends. Although even in the sexual regard she isn't as top heavy, as she's constantly encouraging Sana-chan to engage and take a lead as well (which I find excruciatingly adorable) which brings Ayane down from a top to more of an intermediate position or at least once Sana becomes more more comfortable with handholding, in my opinion at least. Though this could evolve any which way towards the future.

That could be explained by Ayane simply mimicking what she expected to be the norm, her previous relationship obviously left some shit there so she acting strange or agressive could be related to that.

Or...you know....the author simply decided to write something different since there is no editor breathing down their neck

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I read that completely differently—that Sana was assuming Ayane-Unaware-That-Hamburger-Steak-Can-Be-Made-At-Home-And-Doesn’t-Have-A-Cellphone,-etc.-chan would be useless in the workaday world, so Sana would need to be the one with the job.

Sana is assuming that she'd have to support the two of them because right now Ayane is useless. She apparently quit school to mope full-time after her break-up, and that was over a year ago. No indication that she is working or has to work, or that she has any issues with money, but even with nothing else to spend her time on, she's so incapable of taking care of herself that she's been hospitalized multiple times due to poor health.

Maybe that's just a temporary depression that she'll come out of. But Ayane has been like this the entire time Sana has known her, so I think Sana's assumption is pretty reasonable.

last edited at Jan 30, 2020 4:48AM

Fb_img_1577630954167
joined Jan 13, 2020

Am I the only one who is unable to read it because of the art?

I find the art is nice

joined Jan 14, 2020

Maybe that's just a temporary depression that she'll come out of. But Ayane has been like this the entire time Sana has known her, so I think Sana's assumption is pretty reasonable.

That's fair!

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Like mother like daughter apparently.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I just decided to check this out (currently up to chapter 3 page 8), and I gotta comment about that page: Tries, but utterly fails to contain his laughter while saying the following joyfully: Everyone! Sound the himejoshi alarm!

EDIT:
Finished chapter 4, and, now speaking for the story in general: This seems to progress a bit faster than I'm used to. Not that I'm complaining.

EDIT 2:
Gotta say, I'm really disappointed with the fact that the forbidden fruit packages weren't pomegranates (some historians and other experts say it's pomegranates that were the forbidden fruit mentioned in the bible; I don't exactly remember which fruit is the other major candidate, but it's definitely some other kind of Mediterranean fruit... maybe figs?)

last edited at Feb 1, 2020 5:11PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.