Forum › Her Kiss - Infectious Lust discussion

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I really gotta say, I don't feel like there's much point to that comment except picking a fight.

No Blastaar is right it's all good. Although I'm not sure how to take being called a stuff donkey with a nail stuck in his ass.

joined Sep 1, 2017

I know this was an important chapter, with some powerful emotions. However I can't get past the question; Why was the sugar in the refrigerator?

To keep the ants out of it.

Huh. That makes sense, I guess. I've never heard of it before though.

Our sugar is kept in the refrigerator, to keep the ants out. Seriously.

I don't doubt it. I've just never heard of it. I guess we just never had that trouble before. Which is weird, because we have terrible ant problems, they just leave our sugar alone.

joined Sep 1, 2017

So her ex was 2 years older. My guess is they broke up when her ex graduated, bet the ex pulled the traditional Class S yuri trope of "well can't be gay anymore time to find a man instead" bs...

That or the classic "We were just fooling around!! Who i really love is rando-kun who i was also dating when i was dating you!!"

I hate the whole all girl school just playing love games trope. It's like the manga author reassuring the readers; "Don't worry these girls aren't really gay, they just have limited options. When they graduate they will properly date men".

I mean, the entire point of it appearing in contemporary manga is usually about how harmful and outdated that mindset is and how it's hurt the main characters, and to contrast the love of the main characters, which is usually shown in some way to be different. Like, that's a relic of Class S works, it usually shows up specifically to rail against it.

While I admit recent yuri seem be moving away from the whole love games trope, the nasty buisness still rears it's ugly head, from time to time. I don't know about showing the trope being hurtful, but I do see manga authors starting to show it as wrong thinking. A balm for my yuri skeptic heart.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I don't doubt it. I've just never heard of it. I guess we just never had that trouble before. Which is weird, because we have terrible ant problems, they just leave our sugar alone.

That was totally my reaction upon seeing that page too: "Who the fuck keeps their sugar in their refrigerator?" I guess I've just never had ant problems.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

That was totally my reaction upon seeing that page too: "Who the fuck keeps their sugar in their refrigerator?" I guess I've just never had ant problems.

When I lived in Florida we kept a lot of stuff in the fridge that I never did prior. Sugar was one, so was cereal and bread. Sometimes to avoid bugs, like with the sugar, and others to avoid mold, since the humidity was so bad stuff like bread would go bad in less than a week otherwise. But till then I'd never seen such a thing so I thought it was weird at first too, lol

joined Sep 1, 2017

When I lived in Florida we kept a lot of stuff in the fridge that I never did prior. Sugar was one, so was cereal and bread. Sometimes to avoid bugs, like with the sugar, and others to avoid mold, since the humidity was so bad stuff like bread would go bad in less than a week otherwise. But till then I'd never seen such a thing so I thought it was weird at first too, lol

Maybe it's a regional thing.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I really gotta say, I don't feel like there's much point to that comment except picking a fight.

No Blastaar is right it's all good. Although I'm not sure how to take being called a stuff donkey with a nail stuck in his ass.

Eeyore was the only one in that story I could ever relate to.

joined Sep 1, 2017

I get it. I'm totally Eeyore when it comes to yuri. I have to (over) compensate for my hypersensitive yuri goggles, or else I'd be pairing girls every time one asked to borrow a pencil from another. I just can't get the image of the tail nailed to my ass out of my head.

Edit: I've been burned before by a yuri suddenly taking a WTF het twist.

last edited at Jan 24, 2020 4:48AM

10522323_540364989422230_1045437926_a
joined Apr 27, 2015

:D

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I get it. I'm totally Eeyore when it comes to yuri. I have to (over) compensate for my hypersensitive yuri goggles, or else I'd be pairing girls every time one asked to borrow a pencil from another.

I’ve gotta say, that sounds like an exciting, albeit exhausting, way to read manga. I totally get feeling that frisson of yuri, usually in side characters, in patently non-yuri manga. But I try to let the overall genre/tone indicators determine my expectations for future developments in a series.

Like, in this one, with chapter titles like “First Kiss” and “Second Kiss” (titles that accurately describe the contents), I’m as sure as sure can be that a het swerve is Not Gonna Happen.

last edited at Jan 24, 2020 8:36AM

joined May 24, 2019

Like, in this one, with chapter titles like “First Kiss” and “Second Kiss” (titles that accurately describe the contents), I’m as sure as sure can be that a het swerve is Not Gonna Happen.

You mean.......
There are people predicting a het swerve, of all things, in this manga??
Thx heaven I didn't read the whole thread

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You mean.......

Not quite that, I think (I'd have to re-read myself to be sure), but more general lamentation that the yuri-girls-school trope hypothetically allows for the "lesbian until graduation followed by het marriage" outcome in any yuri story.

Although references to the trope itself continue to appear (in YagaKimi, for one), I don't recall any recent stories where that was the actual outcome for the main plot.

But Comrade johnb is rather a worrier.

last edited at Jan 24, 2020 10:49AM

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Sooo.... They gonna do the deed, hopefully?

joined Sep 1, 2017

You mean.......

Not quite that, I think (I'd have to re-read myself to be sure), but more general lamentation that the yuri-girls-school trope hypothetically allows for the "lesbian until graduation followed by het marriage" outcome in any yuri story.

Although references to the trope itself continue to appear (in YagaKimi, for one), I don't recall any recent stories where that was the actual outcome for the main plot.

But Comrade johnb is rather a worrier.

I am. No argument here. I've seen plenty manga authors stab yuri in the back for no reason.
For the the record, not even I could worry about a het apocalypse in this story.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

It's difficult for authors to depict a heterosexual relationship without at least one man.

last edited at Jan 24, 2020 5:47PM

joined Sep 1, 2017

It's difficult for authors to depict a heterosexual relationship without at least one man.

Yes, but I read yuri manga for the yuri relationships.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Yes, but I read yuri manga for the yuri relationships.

I was making a joke. It's unlikely that this manga could turn towards a heterosexual romance because there are no men currently in existence.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Well you can’t call yourself a bestfriend if you just open the door and let yourself in lol

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I'm getting diabetes. This is too sweet. Also this isn't gonna help Micchan with her big gay crush on both of the main characters, poor girl, I've been there.

joined May 7, 2017

Miyuki-sensei, hear me out, how about an all-out party? I wouldn't be mad ...

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

I might be reading this wrong, but it feels like the final line of the chapter is Ayane-chan's internal dialogue. I hope this is the case, personally, as I think the last few chapters have done a great job of showing how much she cares for Sana. Having that explicitly confirmed through her internal thoughts is very satisfying.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I think if it was just Micchan walking in on them, Ayane wouldn't even bother stopping at that point. She'd continue as a display of dominance lol

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Darn. I was hoping they'd go all the way.

Yes, I'm that lewd.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

You know it's true love when she isn't turned off by your weird panties. Too bad they couldn't do it in the end.
For a second I thought that Micchan's penalty would be kissing Ayane or something like that.

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Gud shit

To reply you must either login or sign up.