Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Admiral Hipper Strikes Again

HUHH!?

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Well I'm off to the pharmacy, need insulin after that.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Senjougahara_sama posted:

Admiral Hipper Strikes Again

HUHH!?

Golden Asuka best Asuka

joined Sep 6, 2018

It’s pretty cool she’s hiding her telepathy... almost like a superhero power... it’s a neat aspect to the story about why she’s keeping her talent secret. Of course, veering off in that direction deviates from the cute antics between the two characters.

I find this manga worthy of translation and publication stateside.

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

For some reason this is reminding me of Furumapura. I hope this is able to finish

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

For some reason this is reminding me of Furumapura. I hope this is able to finish

I thought the same thing when started reading it.... Probs the whole mute girl thing both mangas have

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Interesting, they did not go for the psychological route. I do think that makes a lot more sense. It can also still be recent enough to explain how awkward she is about dealing with it.
Tsundere-chan really didn't think that pen plan through. Good thing that mute girl is good at coming up with her own explanations. I suppose that's normal actually, nobody would jump to telepathy as the most likely explanation. She can probably afford to be less careful in fact hahaha

last edited at Jan 6, 2020 10:31AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Interesting, they did not go for the psychological route. I do think that makes a lot more sense. It can also still be recent enough to explain how awkward she is about dealing with it.
Tsundere-chan really didn't think that pen plan through. Good thing that mute girl is good at coming up with her own explanations. I suppose that's normal actually, nobody would jump to telepathy as the most likely explanation. She can probably afford to be less careful in fact hahaha

I don’t think anybody (rational) in real life would ever arrive at telepathy as any explanation—at most they’d assume the other person was preternaturally observant and insightful.

Although a scene where Mute-Chan tries to explain, in writing, to one of her more casual acquaintances that she thinks her tsundere friend is telepathic might be pretty fun.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Cute

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

IT'S A BRIGHT BLUE MORNING FOR THESE TWO!

A whole panel was dedicated to it.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Suddenly a tint of blue in a world of contrasts.

It doesn't really pertain to the chapter, but I do wonder what the inner voice sounds like to a telepath. Would it sound like mute girl's voice from before the operation? Or does it not have anything to do with that? If I consciously voice thoughts in my head, I don't think it reflects my actual voice.
It can't be that she just "reads" the words literally like she would a book, because then she couldn't tell tone or excitement, right? This has always fascinated me.

last edited at Jan 7, 2020 11:23AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Sometimes these discussions do pop up and I'm always surprised that people hear actual voices in their heads when they think. I don't hear my thoughts, they just are there :P Not sure I can explain it any better

joined Mar 18, 2018

Look i love this manga. I think its funny, cute & original... but is it actually yuri?
I think at this point it's probably just subtext at best. But Here's hoping for more~ ^^

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

It doesn't really pertain to the chapter, but I do wonder what the inner voice sounds like to a telepath. Would it sound like mute girl's voice from before the operation? Or does it not have anything to do with that? If I consciously voice thoughts in my head, I don't think it reflects my actual voice.
It can't be that she just "reads" the words literally like she would a book, because then she couldn't tell tone or excitement, right? This has always fascinated me.

We will only ever know if this gets a drama CD. Or preferably an anime.
But we can only hope at this point.

joined Mar 18, 2018

We will only ever know if this gets a drama CD. Or preferably an anime.
But we can only hope at this point.

Im guessing if that was the case she'd probably have a voice.

Akari-mizunashi-transparent%203
joined Oct 10, 2014

Yay~ :3

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Something I've always wondered. If a person has been unable to speak since birth, what does the "voice" in their mind sound like?

Edit: I do like how I had this thought without noticing someone had the same question a few posts prior.

last edited at Jan 7, 2020 11:53AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Sometimes these discussions do pop up and I'm always surprised that people hear actual voices in their heads when they think. I don't hear my thoughts, they just are there :P Not sure I can explain it any better

Nah, most thoughts are silent in your head, you don't even think about it. That's why I said conscious thought.
Try to say a sentence in your head. You actively are aware of that thought, but the voice is not really easy to pinpoint. I don't think it sounds like your vocal chords, but it's still there.

So the question of course is what the telepath actually hears/reads. Characters in manga seem to have extremely coherent thoughts that are closer to inner monologue, so they feel more like conscious thoughts.

last edited at Jan 7, 2020 11:53AM

joined Mar 24, 2011

Something I've always wondered. If a person has been unable to speak since birth, what does the "voice" in their mind sound like?

People have voices in their mind?

joined Jun 11, 2017

Probably the voice that they are most used to hear.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

People have voices in their mind?

My thoughts have a "voice" with them.

Perhaps I'm just crazy.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Hmm... Could the voice of our thoughts be our ideal voice that we'll never have?

last edited at Jan 7, 2020 12:08PM

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Edit: I do like how I had this thought without noticing someone had the same question a few posts prior.

You want something that'll REALLY keep you up at night? What does the "voice" sound like to a person who's been deaf since birth?

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

You want something that'll REALLY keep you up at night? What does the "voice" sound like to a person who's been deaf since birth?

I have wondered about that as well.

joined Jan 11, 2019

I have wondered about that as well.

This is a qualia thing, and we can't actually meaningfully communicate those.
(Qualia, for those who don't know, are the intrinsic internal feelings we get from certain sensations. Like, when we look at a red square, we'd probably all describe it as "a red square" but our own perceptions of what "red" and "square" actually feel like are completely anyone's guess.)

To reply you must either login or sign up.