Forum › Still Sick discussion

joined Apr 1, 2017

Strap in for the next few chapters.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Strap in for the next few chapters.

Strap on* for the next few chapters.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I wonder if Maekawa is going to write a yuri story now. Comedy here is also great. I like their dynamic of Maekawa taking her frustrations on Shimizu, and Shimizu handing it with her laid back way.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

No, now fucking tell her. Then kiss her. Then make your new series yuri. Please

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

No, now fucking tell her. Then kiss her. Then make your new series yuri. Please

No, do the opposite of what this person says and see how confused the readers will become

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Hnng! That chapter made me melt a little. Sorry about the mess.

Longer comments once I escape work!

joined Sep 6, 2018

This flip-flopping over creating her manga or dropping it altogether is a sort of “aaaangst” tag for me. It still relates to her passion and love, her artwork, but this has been going on toooo loooong... hence it deserves the “aaangst”-tag.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Is biting a girly thing?
I have a friend who bites my elbow to make me feel miserable

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Like fucking christ

Say how you feel, YOU BIG DUMMY!

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

It’s kinda nice to see a yuri manga where the central drama isn’t around the protagonists relationship, so we get two see these two dorks just be a couple while the plot continues to be engaging

gotta read manga when pissed off

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Like fucking christ

Where is that pic from? The left one looks like Maekawa

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I can't bring myself to care at all for the mangaka-vs-editor storyline. It reminds me of a quip I heard once about how touring makes comedians' jokes eventually revolve around flying and hotels.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I, for one, wouldn't be surprised if Maekawa's new manga ends up suspiciously similar to Still Sick.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Typo on page 9, first panel: The past participle of "lead" is "led", not "lead".

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Tell Shimizu you love her.

joined Apr 23, 2015

I can't bring myself to care at all for the mangaka-vs-editor storyline. It reminds me of a quip I heard once about how touring makes comedians' jokes eventually revolve around flying and hotels.

While this is a terrific point I and I totally get, it I'm still very much the opposite. I think this is a very interesting path and is so much of what this story has been about. The pointed questions from the editor really strike at the heart of Maekawa's problems. Shimizu trying to help her work through it is sweet and I like that Shimizu being her girlfriend doesn't automatically solve this issue as I feel other stories might imply.

Makekawa has, in fact, not told Shimizu she loves her. The score is two to zero now. Considering how much of a big deal she make out of not getting to close to the people she use to date, watching her make this next step is sure to be a lot of fun.

Not really related but I know what it's like to have a story you don't know how to finish. Add to this that's rare that I can't finish a story. (I'm not saying my stories are good but I can pretty much always finish them!) I tell myself I'm willing to tear it down and rebuilt it from the ground up as long as the spirit remains but I I'm not even sure what that spirit is suppose to be anymore. It went through several iterations over a decade and a half. And my ideas about stories were different at different times so . . . ugh. ^^;

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Another chapter of Still Useless (Lesbians), after that confession their relationship is soooo stagnant, I need developments damn it.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

(https://i.postimg.cc/xCWy2kTz/Capturefdgfff.png)

Like fucking christ

Where is that pic from? The left one looks like Maekawa

It's from Baby, Kokoro no Mama ni!

last edited at Jan 4, 2020 4:23PM by Nezchan

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

IAKi100atT posted:

It’s kinda nice to see a yuri manga where the central drama isn’t around the protagonists relationship, so we get two see these two dorks just be a couple while the plot continues to be engaging

Yeah! I long for the day where yuri will be so common that we'll get more stories like this.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Oh god I sense angst. And like, with good reason, she's already anxious about her relationship and her girlfriend bailing on a night together (that she was hoping could help patch things up) to spend time with the person she's anxious about her girlfriend spending time with... yeah, I get it. Like, it'd be better if she didn't, but I can see exactly what's coming.

joined Sep 6, 2018

I’m getting burned out on this manga.

I’ll suggest an “aaangst” tag and be done with this.

joined Aug 17, 2019

I'm glad this drama doesn't last too long. I'm in love with ch20, i can't wait to read the translation.

last edited at Jan 9, 2020 11:14PM

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

@Aimersan that's kinda spoilers.

joined Apr 23, 2015

heh. I love the humor. Maekwawa is such a treat. And really probably is a freakin cat!

The serious stuff is good too, of course. All the new little points are interesting. What is the editor cooking up here? This other mangaka got her break from the opening Maekawa left. She doesn't' seem to care but is the editor forcing a meeting between the two anyway?

To reply you must either login or sign up.