Forum › Come Rain or Shine discussion

drpepperfan Admin
RumpledForeSkiin
joined Jun 27, 2016

A reboot of https://dynasty-scans.com/series/todo_no_tsumari_no_uchouten

Explains the feeling of familiarity I was getting.

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Reboot? What happened to the older series?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Apparently the magazine it was running in went full ecchi/lewd, so she had to start it again somewhere else.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Oohh I thought we were getting it from the view of the shrine maiden girl. This is nice, too!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It's soooo GOOD!!! it looks so much beautiful and way less chaotic hehehe.

Wao just compare these two versions...
Original https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/todo_no_tsumari_no_uchouten_ch01#26
Remake https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/come_rain_or_shine_ch01#30

There are other panels that barely changed and Nekozaki is now taller and more cool with more refined drawings...This is a blessing.

The only one nerfed imo was the student council president... RIP ponytail :( ...but with her jacket she looks cool

last edited at Dec 28, 2019 11:58PM

joined Apr 15, 2013

I'm always glad to see more Arata Iri, even if it's a rehash of an old series.

joined Jan 7, 2019

Arata iri seems to really like black shirts for the cool characters and I absolutely cannot blame them.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Apparently the magazine it was running in went full ecchi/lewd, so she had to start it again somewhere else.

Aah so that's why. I wondered what was going on...

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I was so confused but I won't say no to Arata Iri she is a queen at comedy

joined Jun 23, 2017

Hopefully we will still get the remaining chapters of the original series. Would be fun to compare them like Tadokoro-san

Photo-1445
joined Dec 15, 2011

It feels like Yamada is more... hmmm... "aware" of Nekozaki, shall we say, in this version. I feel like she came off pretty oblivious in the original so I'm happy with the possibility of more meaningful reciprocation.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

I believe in Nekozaki.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

It feels like Yamada is more... hmmm... "aware" of Nekozaki, shall we say, in this version. I feel like she came off pretty oblivious in the original so I'm happy with the possibility of more meaningful reciprocation.

Yeah, I've noticed these changes too. I'm a bit bummed that the original series was cancelled/had to be moved, but this version definitely more romance-focused, which I'm looking forward to. Just compare the ends of the first chapters of both series, there's a huge difference there.

This version also seems like it'll be less comedy-focused, judging by the lack of silly faces. I do like the insanity of Arata Iri's other works, but I'm curious to see how she'll write a more serious (maybe) story.

last edited at Dec 29, 2019 3:56AM

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

im liking this reboot lmao its alot less one sided and a slower pace compared to the original which felt like a 4 koma

HonkTheDragonSlayer
Honk
joined Aug 3, 2017

It's first chapter and it's already gayer than the first version. Also Pengin with short hair.
Nice.

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

I don't know why, but there is something about Nekozaki that's bothering me a little bit, maybe her appearance that looks a bit older, or the fact that she is less angry. Eh, I'll probably get over it soon, other than that everything feels the same or slightly upgraded so I'm sure we'll see that this reboot was for the best soon.

last edited at Dec 29, 2019 4:41AM

joined Jun 3, 2014

No wonder I recognized the plot, I thought I was hallucinating or something.

123548.320x180
joined Aug 7, 2013

Only thing that kinda irritates me with this author is how utterly proficient the side characters are at hampering the main couples attempts to advance their relationship.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awwwww.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Damn, I've actually preferred the original version, was way funnier. and the original design for Nekozaki was much better. but still gonna follow this one.

last edited at Dec 29, 2019 7:46AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

and the original design for Nekozaki was much better.

I might be blind but that basically the same design no ? There is not that much difference between the two.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I thought it was a repost, but couldn't remember for sure. Thanks!

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

:( I really like the author and I'm really fond of original series. they were so good, so funny, so... honest?
And the reboot kinda seems not right. Feels rushed and less funny (

Adressing without honorific is soooo strange. SOOOOO strange
When reading I just add -san in my mind so it wouldn't hurt so much

Pero01
joined Apr 1, 2014

Damn, I've actually preferred the original version, was way funnier. and the original design for Nekozaki was much better. but still gonna follow this one.

+1, the original was waaaay funnier, a little messy yes but truthly enjoyable. This new version seem more serious to me. But I love Arata's work so I've already subscribed to this one.

To reply you must either login or sign up.