Forum › Can't Defy the Lonely Girl discussion

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Honda is clearly asking Sakurai for a quid pro quo. At least she didn't have Sakurai persuade the student council to start an investigation into Joe Biden.
Joking aside. This looks like Hino-san no Baka with more set up and less charm. Seriously forced yuri isn't funny. I'll give this a few more chapters. However if there isn't any clear signs that a real relationship might come out of this, I'm out.

joined Oct 15, 2014

Got a bit of Hino-san no Baka vibe~

joined Jul 22, 2014

Good art, weird setup, might make too much of the misconduct thing.
About recommendations do teachers really hold up their end of the bargain?
Felt like it's too good to be true since its open to abuse by the teacher...

last edited at Dec 5, 2019 1:16AM

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

main character gets blackmailed by teacher
Oh, is that where the blackmail comes from?

main character also gets blackmailed by other student
...nevermind.

It's blackmail galore in there.

last edited at Dec 5, 2019 3:19AM

joined Apr 12, 2016

Weird vibe I got from this, could the teacher be related to the recluse girl? Maybe a cousin or older sister? She knows about the crush and that's why she got the MC to go over to persuade her to come to school. Only a guess from the evil smirks they both sported, their pushiness in extracting what they want and basic coloring of the two females. Or maybe I'm thinking too deeply about this?

Screen%20shot%202015-09-08%20at%209.16.20%20am
joined Jun 26, 2013

This seems interesting so far. Feeling a little bad for the protagonist at the moment, however I don't get the feeling the blackmail will continue for much longer. That may also be wishful thinking on my part...

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

My bet is that the 'lonely girl' had a crush on her all through middle school or something along those lines.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

So far, I can only see that every single person in this story is an asshole (except perhaps the parents).

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Thankfully, the tone of this doesn't suggest that something like that would happen. Although there is something ironic about kissing someone just to out them as gay.

Well y'see, in this type of bad blackmail manga, the delinquent has nothing to lose, because their reputation is already at rock bottom. So by outing the other girl as a lesbian in such a way they don't get off any worse, but the honor student would suffer a lot. It only makes sense in such a ridiculously stupid society as Japan.

main character gets blackmailed by teacher
Oh, is that where the blackmail comes from?

main character also gets blackmailed by other student
...nevermind.

Okay, where is this coming from now? The teacher didn't blackmail her at all. She just offered her a deal that has no repercussions if she doesn't agree on it.

So far, I can only see that every single person in this story is an asshole (except perhaps the parents).

What did MC do to make her appear like an asshole to you?

last edited at Dec 5, 2019 5:09AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BugDevil posted:

Okay, where is this coming from now? The teacher didn't blackmail her at all. She just offered her a deal that has no repercussions if she doesn't agree on it.

Maybe not blackmailing per se, but I'd say the way she's drawn in this last shot and the fact she knows MC's weakness sounds exactly as if she was using it against her and pressuring her to do it, because she knows she won't refuse her offer. In short, she just gave bad vibes to me.

last edited at Dec 5, 2019 5:24AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

BugDevil posted:

Maybe not blackmailing per se, but I'd say the way she's drawn in this last shot and the fact she knows MC's weakness sounds exactly as if she was using it against her and pressuring her to do it, because she knows she won't refuse her offer. In short, she just gave bad vibes to me.

Oh she is most definitely being shady and pressuring her into something she would usually not do. Just saying it isn't blackmail... yet. It's more like dangling a carrot in front of a horse while whipping its butt with a riding crop.

...that analogy was weird.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Well, neither case is actual blackmail. Blackmail is "do X or I'll do Y!" (ie out you as gay, not write a recommendation for you, give a crappy grades, ...). Both are cases of bribery. "Do X and I'll do Y for you!" (get her to come to school and you get a recommendation; get yuri with me and I'll come to school for you).

last edited at Dec 5, 2019 7:05AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Well, neither case is actual blackmail. Blackmail is "do X or I'll do Y!" (ie out you as gay, not write a recommendation for you, give a crappy grades, ...). Both are cases of bribery. "Do X and I'll do Y for you!" (get her to come to school and you get a recommendation; get yuri with me and I'll come to school for you).

I think you missed the part where Honda implies she will tell everyone that she has a shady deal with the teacher.
"Don't worry I won't tell anyone and even come to school, but in exchange let me kiss you." The first half is blackmail.

Nana8
joined Jul 27, 2018

Sensei reminded me Riko-sensei from Bloom Into You. Anyway, I hope there won't be any unnecessary drama in this series

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Is this Hino San no baka? No..... this is HONDA San no baka, Hino San no baka hasn't done kisses spoken like the old rednecks in south park

joined Nov 14, 2014

Loved this a lot. Also Honda is so cute!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Feels way too random and forced.

I... agree, actually. It's like, two-thirds into the chapter, the story made a brutal turn without signalling.

We had the pressure-weak MC, her inner conflicts, her feelings of having let down her parents and brother, then the ridiculous teacher, the shady deal, the neet girl who seems to need help, then suddenly blackmail, being forced to submit under threat, now the former neet girl will get to do ecchi things to her every day...

Too many ideas thrown together, not enough development on any of them.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I hope a first year finds out about the teacher deal and blackmails the teacher into dating in secret

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I hope a first year finds out about the teacher deal and blackmails the teacher into dating in secret

Then another sensei finds out about the teacher dating that first year so she blackmails the female principal into dating her to avoid a scandal. Then a parent finds out that the principal is dating a teacher, so she blackmails ...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It would be ironically really fun hahahahaha

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Does this chain somehow end with Ayaka blackmailing Honda back? Because that would be cream of the crop gag writing.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

As the blackmail right now is not already enough. Teacher is bad as she is, she can say it's a trade but it's more like a reward. I mean what give if the girl doesn't come in the end ? It's not like the teacher gonna get blame for it . Also i don't understandthat. What misconduct ? The fact that she will get a letter of recommandation for bringing the other one ? There is no way Honda heard that and even if she have, she couldn't deduct that from what Teacher said. I know it's implied that Honda might now with Sakurai's reaction that something is up and decide to play with it but come on it's not like Sensei said "Bring her back and i give you the letter" before Honda pop up.

joined Mar 6, 2019

Honda conspired with the teacher to do a heist on Sakurai's heart.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Hmmm. Cute friend with benefits plus university letter. Where does one sign up?

joined May 1, 2013

Isn't it totally appropriate for the student rep to be asked to help another student? And isn't it totally appropriate for the teacher to write a rec to a student who does something extra like actually go to the person's house?

To reply you must either login or sign up.