Forum › Mimi Mix! discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Well,i've been told we may have Neon/Nono chapters for 11 and 12 but god, it take long for the author to remember it. Ifhe wanted to do a mangas about girls having animals problems because of animal ears then he should have done it without putting the Nono crush set-up so early.

last edited at Oct 21, 2019 12:39PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I really like the idol actually, she's cute, cool and friendly with everyone (Except Neon...) and I can easily ship her with the Tanuki or even with Nono... Plus her quirk is also very cute.

This was a full fanservice chapter, can't say I dislike it, on the contrary I might read it again u/////u just like the time with the wolf, I would like to see more of these random pairs in their own spin off.

That aside, I do understand the frustration of lack of progress... I would've loved for Nono to keep her original ears and fight her urges one way or another it would be more fun this way instead of giving her very tiny ears that can't even be seem most of the times and give absolutely no effect.

last edited at Oct 21, 2019 12:43PM

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

This just gets better and better <3

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Honestly, it feel like any chapter on side characters will be a better romance than the main one. When was the last time Neon does anything nice for Nono, excluding when Mikan told her to ? Because top of head, there are only the directions given at school and the cake for the birthday, outside ofthat she is either mean to Nono or being nice because Mikan try her best to make them go along .

I really like the idol actually, she's cute, cool and friendly with everyone (Except Neon...)

Honestly that's not surprising given Neon's attitude most of the time.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Everything just clashes, at least to me.

At first glance it's "alright, let's do one of those cute girls do cute things non-stories. With animal ears!" Then someone decided that that had been done a few billion times too often, so someone said "let's include a romance story! And as an obstacle, I know, the ears will have this thing which will have to be overcome!" And, sure, that makes some sense. But then someone went "great, then let's have it all be sort of ecchi, but not really!" and someone else went "well, while we're add it, let's make all the new characters have that same issue as the heroine has, for their own style of animal-ears, except for them it won't really matter since we're just using it for 1-chapter-ecchi-not-ecchi-romance-jokes".

And then everyone agreed that that's the way to go. And now it's a mess that's neither a romance nor really ecchi, not a comedy, but not serious either as its thin premise about the protagonist's problem falls apart a little bit more with each chapter ...

I'm getting too old for this shit. ^^

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I think is about having issues, complex or simply put fetishes but then finding the right person for you... So instead of holding back your true self you just need someone to accept you exactly how you are, and we have many scenarios showing this one way or another with a perfect excuse for ecchi too. The problem is that the main character's issue is being a nympho with her ears... And also that she's the main character so once her issues are resolved the goal is over and the manga too. Is not weird at all to find stories like this where the main couple is the last one and is always really tiring to see xD I just trust it will deliver at the end.... I hope!

But so far, idol is best girl

joined Oct 9, 2011

Can we agree chapter 9 deserves a WTF Am I reading tag?

last edited at Oct 21, 2019 3:46PM

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

So chapter 7 they had sex in the middle of the park, I'm sure someone saw them.

At least the couples in chapter 8 and 9 are in a private place, kinda.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So I guess this manga is about animal-girl-themed fetish material now?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Can we agree chapter 9 deserves a WTF Am I reading tag?

? No

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I jave mixed feelings because I'm a farmer so I have been with cows since I was born and it's all so wrong ;_; but well, it's fiction.
Also I wouldn't min reading at least R16 of this, too much let for the inagination.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Weird fetish is weird.

G-xnwzom_400x400
joined Sep 26, 2019

Has science gone too far?

...Or not far enough?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

random posted:

[citation needed] because the overwhelming majority I remember seeing were a single pair, usually up on the sides or top of the head but sometimes down replacing the usual human ones - I think the latter was more common in older works.

kittey posted:

From the top of my head: Konohana Kitan, Granblue Fantasy, Spice and Wolf, Dog Days, Neko Musume Michikusa Nikki, Centaur’s Life/Worries and Negima. Touhou zig-zags it with almost all characters having just one pair of ears but Orin having two.

Like Nev said most of the time they cover up the human ears with hair but they still have them. If you actually showed just smooth skin where ears should be it would be super creepy and weird and I dont recall ever seeing it.

Centaur’s Life/Worries plays it completely straight and hairstyles without bangs show that most characters just have hair growing where “side ears” would be. After reading a few volumes, you’ll get used to it and “missing ears” will be the least of your concerns, considering everything else in that series.

I did probably think more about older series than newer, but turns out it's not as obvious as I thought. I was convinced the lack of ears would jump to me and I'd remember it as jarring and the reason I didn't was because most of the time the lack of hair was covered or because they had 2 pairs. Seems like it's not as disturbing as I believed and because of that I didn't even notice it. I think when I first got into anime, I noticed the 2 pair thing and since then I just remembered it as norm and never paid attention to it again.

random posted:

That's more because having bald vaguely ear-shaped spots intruding on the hairline at the sides of the head would look godawfully stupid and more than a little jarring though... design-wise covering the whole area with suitable hairdo is basically just the least amount of work and effort, animango gurls (and for some reason it's overwhelmingly females we see with kemonomimi) tending to have ample locks to work with anyway. Not that they had a monopoly on it ofc, looking at you Inuyasha...

That... make sense. Even if exact area where ear should be would be empty, hair from above would natural grow down and cover it. As I said. I always assumed the ear was simply covered most of the times and there was no reason to go out of your way to confirm whatever it's there or not, but that explains it way better.

"What I'm getting at here is, the less you try to make sense of it the happier you'll be."
- the conclusion of literally my first post on this thread, at the top of the page

Yes, I did see your previous post. My point was more, despite being the one to say you're better off not thinking too much about it, you then proceed to go in very deep detail about how it could work. And thinking about exact mechanics how it works is fine, but I still think you overthought it too much. Like, it's clearly just decoration, so no reason to think how to make it work as second pair of ears. They clearly use some new manga technology, so things like hair loss or attaching it to head probably has some easy hand-waveable way to add and remove it. And examples of animal traits imo were way off. From the ones we got so far it's clearly more in terms of behavior or traits more specific to certain animals/groups. I think it's safe to assume stuff like "being carnivore" (and humans are already omnivorous anyway, so it shouldn't affect them more than normal) etc. doesn't count because it's not really a specific trait. I would even think twice about something like being more aggressive etc. For the most part they're clearly not harmful traits. And well if they were, they definitely wouldn't legalize it. Either way, I agree there's no point thinking too much about it, but then you started to think way too much about it, so I replied.

Tattoos are literally only skin deep (and nowadays more or less removable, albeit at some expense; convenient when people ink on the names of "fated lovers" they later acrimoniously break up with...) and piercings are readily detachable if necessary; also IIRC in most cases the holes made for the latter will tend to close up over time if not consistently kept open with foreign objects. And neither will eg. stop you from wearing work-appropriate headgear (eg. various protective helmets or hair nets) or readily go gangrenous from frostbite - ears from warm-climate species are not going to have the necessary adaptations for the cold of higher latitudes (or elevations for that matter).

More to the point, both are as subject to the vagaries of fashion as anything else people use to decorate themselves and hence rather poor arguments for your case.

elevown explained my point pretty well. Also yes, I'm aware holes from piercings usually close over time when you don't wear them, but I'm pretty sure earplugs stretching is irreversible. I put earrings here more as a example of purely decorative. The point was people don't mind doing that kind of purely decorative stuff to themselves, even if it's unremovable or will leave some marks. Also again you're looking at it from the wrong angle. It's more likely they're cooking them up in some kind of lab and so they probably aren't the exact same thing as real thing, so there's no reason to assume they can't handle the same climate as you. They probably just adapt to your body in some way. Or they came with universal resistant or something. About headgear, I can easily see making adjustment to them so animal ears will fit a common practice. Or you know, works requiring headgear can simply require lack of animal ears.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

This stuff is good for a good laugh. It's full on comedy, not trying to take itself seriously and I'm perfectly fine with it. And I like Neon, she's just being tsundere (also, small breasted girls are the best in my opinion, so bonus points for her).

I don't see the point in trying to "explain" the premise, it's just a silly manga being silly and the whole animal ears is, in my opinion, just an excuse for some sillyness.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

And I like Neon, she's just being tsundere

She is just all Tsuntsun so far, i rarely see her being dere unless Mikan is involved. So far to me she is not a tsundere,she is just an ass.

last edited at Oct 25, 2019 7:12AM

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

^ Yeah, me too! I hope we keep getting more!

Rumia_full_1227580
joined Oct 10, 2018

And I like Neon, she's just being tsundere

She is just all Tsuntsun so far, i rarely see her being dere unless Mikan is involved. So far to me she is not a tsundere,she is just an ass.

Later chapters she's finally growing on me. Since her personality has been toned down from the earlier chapters.

1916028_1073061359394379_8287547252845901979_n
joined May 1, 2017

Well...that was a different kind of...weird.
Hahahshdhdh wtf how do you came up with that?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I guess that's a good progression between Nono and Neon, even if it feel a bit forced by the authorwhoget remind he had this plot to begin with rather than ears shenanigans and random animal trivia.

Amimaidprofile
joined Mar 5, 2019

oh dear, the Arctic Wolf pairing really speaks to me.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

It's like Hirose Madoka had a bet with her editor, how many times she could work the word "ass" into a chapter.

Img_1096
joined Sep 29, 2018

I feel like this needs the Moe up the butt tag

I'll say

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

What the fuck

To reply you must either login or sign up.