Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

I really enjoyed the feel of the bowling chapter - not sure exactly why it was so satifying

Because of wunderkind Michiru, the Yawara of bowling?

last edited at Oct 15, 2019 9:26PM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

How many of you remember Sailor Moon?

I'm asking coz I thought it was really funny to see Chie stealing Kaiou Michiru's lines, the ones she used to tease Tennou Haruka. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

joined Dec 16, 2017

That end pic... BBW Earth. What a missed opportunity.

joined Nov 2, 2017

Can't wait for the development of:
Honoka and Elisha
Kanae and Haruka
Nao and Saeko
Ughhh, their friendships are so wholesome!!!!

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Oh goody. They're marking each chapter by what girls appear in it.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

That Catching Senpai chapter was soooo good!

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

No one is commenting on the fact that this chapter had colours!? Well, from now on we'll have some pages every once in a while!

joined Jan 13, 2019

how the fuck does this manga so easily go from girls kissing each others' cheeks to playing grab ass to having a nice sweet tender hug without missing a beat. how the fuck

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Curious thing I noticed https://mangadex.org/title/23356/otome-no-teikoku/covers/

As you can see there, with vol 12 they've shown all the couples and we know that at least with Mio x Shizuka that even if at some point everything goes wrong, they are meant to be together so I guess when it comes to Onibi x Nao and Kaoru x Mask it's only going to get more serious from now on.

BUT what really surprised me was the fact that now that we've gone full circle with all the girls in the covers(12 pairs!) the clock is back to 1AM and we're repeating the couples that appear in them and seems like we're getting them in the same order, so I guess we can expect Airi x Michiru in the vol 15? -------ah! but then I need to wait for a future vol 24 to see Onibi and Nao in the cover again nooooooooooo

Well, at least you're absolutely certain that, when the series reaches v24, you'll get to see them again. Some couples won't ever get a cover... :(
Look at this, the list of pairings has 13 items, 26 girls in total:

Mahi x Mahi
Ai x Chie
Nononon x Yumimi
Honoka x Elisha
Michiru x Airi
Kanae x Haruka
Mari x Yuu
Miyoshi x Ayano
Onibi x Nao
Shizuka x Mio
Midori x Hibiki
Mask x Kaoru
Mayuyu x Mariri

And there are only 12 couples who appear in the covers, and after all 12 have appeared the cycle starts again. There's one couple who got screwed in this deal. :((
Then again, they aren't that popular... :p

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

I'm asking coz I thought it was really funny to see Chie stealing Kaiou Michiru's lines, the ones she used to tease Tennou Haruka. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

"I want you yo touch me tenderly!"
"Later, when we're alone."

I remember. I guess you can tell my age from this... :(

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

I've been keeping a tally of all the times Yumimi said or did something that was an OBVIOUS come-on for Nononon to take her into her arms and give her a kiss that would make her knees quiver and her toes curl --- and Nononon promptly chickened out.

So far it looks like this:

Lmao, I'm sure it wasn't THAT many times.

But I agree it's annoying. Isn't there a chapter where Yumimi confesses properly (she tells Nononon: "I like you. Please go out with me." right in her face) and Nononon replies with "Ahaha, what a funny joke! You made me laugh, you little prankster, haha!" ?

(Can't remember if that chapter's been scanlated or not, thus the spoiler format, just in case.)

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

One of the existing tags has a wrong name. Kanade should be Kanae. orz
I kept using Kanade because that’s what the tag is right now, but the tag should be fixed at some point.

Just added your previous batch. Will add these ones soon. Fixed the Kanae tag. Will add Kaoru x Mask when I get there. Thanks much!

joined Feb 18, 2015

Curious thing I noticed https://mangadex.org/title/23356/otome-no-teikoku/covers/

As you can see there, with vol 12 they've shown all the couples and we know that at least with Mio x Shizuka that even if at some point everything goes wrong, they are meant to be together so I guess when it comes to Onibi x Nao and Kaoru x Mask it's only going to get more serious from now on.

BUT what really surprised me was the fact that now that we've gone full circle with all the girls in the covers(12 pairs!) the clock is back to 1AM and we're repeating the couples that appear in them and seems like we're getting them in the same order, so I guess we can expect Airi x Michiru in the vol 15? -------ah! but then I need to wait for a future vol 24 to see Onibi and Nao in the cover again nooooooooooo

Well, at least you're absolutely certain that, when the series reaches v24, you'll get to see them again. Some couples won't ever get a cover... :(
Look at this, the list of pairings has 13 items, 26 girls in total:

Mahi x Mahi
Ai x Chie
Nononon x Yumimi
Honoka x Elisha
Michiru x Airi
Kanae x Haruka
Mari x Yuu
Miyoshi x Ayano
Onibi x Nao
Shizuka x Mio
Midori x Hibiki
Mask x Kaoru
Mayuyu x Mariri

And there are only 12 couples who appear in the covers, and after all 12 have appeared the cycle starts again. There's one couple who got screwed in this deal. :((
Then again, they aren't that popular... :p

If Mayuyu x Mariri get a cover it will be WITH Nononon x Yumimi. I'd say that they are only marginally paired anyway. Up until a couple of chapters ago (in terms of chapters that the debate club appears in) Mariri had a boyfriend, after all... Not that it doesn't look like Mariri doesn't have plans to continue playing with Mayuyu at every possible opportunity. She seems to be a great character that hasn't been utilized nearly enough!

So... exactly how many time will Christmas come around while these girls are in the same grades? Don't get me wrong... I love the series and everything... but it's clear that they are NEVER going to graduate and they will always be living their lives between the start and end of this one school year. That's all well and good, since the relationships seem to actually progress despite the slice-of-life/humor first approach, but it also means we'll miss out on some things, like how Mio would deal with Shizuka graduating, especially if, per chance, she and Kaoru ended up at the same university.

I don't know... it's just one of those things that bugs me... I prefer even comedy series to actually age their characters and let time move in a logical manner instead of putting out seasonal chapters without moving the characters forward. (It appears that there is a Christmas themed chapter about once every two volumes, which would suggest that the manga is semi-monthly and the Christmas chapters are timed for the December issues, since there appear to be about 12 chapters per volume in general?)

last edited at Oct 16, 2019 12:47PM

joined Oct 2, 2019

Definitely my favorite parts, along with other scenes of the manga, are these credit pages.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Im sure all of us who are old enough to have been watching anime back then remember it- plus a share of the youngsters who discovered it since!

SM, along side CCS were my first exposure to yuri

last edited at Oct 16, 2019 6:37PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

If Mayuyu x Mariri get a cover it will be WITH Nononon x Yumimi. I'd say that they are only marginally paired anyway. Up until a couple of chapters ago (in terms of chapters that the debate club appears in) Mariri had a boyfriend, after all... Not that it doesn't look like Mariri doesn't have plans to continue playing with Mayuyu at every possible opportunity. She seems to be a great character that hasn't been utilized nearly enough!

So... exactly how many time will Christmas come around while these girls are in the same grades? Don't get me wrong... I love the series and everything... but it's clear that they are NEVER going to graduate and they will always be living their lives between the start and end of this one school year. That's all well and good, since the relationships seem to actually progress despite the slice-of-life/humor first approach, but it also means we'll miss out on some things, like how Mio would deal with Shizuka graduating, especially if, per chance, she and Kaoru ended up at the same university.

I don't know... it's just one of those things that bugs me... I prefer even comedy series to actually age their characters and let time move in a logical manner instead of putting out seasonal chapters without moving the characters forward. (It appears that there is a Christmas themed chapter about once every two volumes, which would suggest that the manga is semi-monthly and the Christmas chapters are timed for the December issues, since there appear to be about 12 chapters per volume in general?)

You're assuming these are all in chronological order, but....is that justified? I mean, the individual character arcs seem to be shown in order, but I don't think we've seen the same couple on more than one Christmas.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Hmmm there are two chapters to be uploaded from two days ago

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Tsuki-chan posted:

I hope we can get them here soon too, or at least before the next chapter comes out....

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Tsuki-chan posted:

I hope we can get them here soon too, or at least before the next chapter comes out....

As I've seen the same thing previously, I think that's exactly what is going to happen...

Aand_this_one_too_by_shiniez
joined Jan 19, 2013

I found this picture on here that the artist. Kishi Torajirou did https://img.fril.jp/img/65971918/l/178714029.jpg?1487415577

I wonder why it is not up on the pictures for Virgins Empire?

last edited at Oct 21, 2019 5:52PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

As expected Mio is still traumatized by the library scene. I think she will need time to regain confidence in her relation and Shizuka need to work hard to be worthy of Mio's love.

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

As expected Mio is still traumatized by the library scene. I think she will need time to regain confidence in her relation and Shizuka need to work hard to be worthy of Mio's love.

I hope Shizuka had learned the lesson

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

THAT! Both chapters, That is what I wanted to see, just to hook up doesn't meant the past doesn't exist, things have to be more properly work trough... or brake apart, whichever the storie may go, I will be glad to see it... hopefully not a sad end.

And those two!!!
WILL THEY PLEASE BE SO KIND TO FORNICATE UNDER COMMAND of the KING ALREADY!!!

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

The whole boob fondling reminded me of how Ai and Chie started out, so I went back and re-read some early chapters, noticing a couple of things:
A: Damn, Chie used to be kinda an asshole.
B: Onoda was always super gay, and super pining for just all girls, an absolute key smasher.

joined Jul 26, 2016

...am I imagining things or is Chie starting to act more and more like a Diet Yuu®...?

To reply you must either login or sign up.