Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Unbenannttz
joined Aug 17, 2016

Omedetou at those two. Will they forever live happily in their fictional world.

Kimika3
joined Jan 1, 2019

How involved is Nakatani in the Sayaka spin off? I thought she was fairly hands off with it, at least initially.

The series sort of lost me when it decided to fully spin off Sayaka. Not just that, but the more "normal" they became Yuu and Touko became sort of difficult to relate to. Still a fun ride overall, and a cute ending, but a bit disappointing in the last couple volumes.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The series sort of lost me when it decided to fully spin off Sayaka. Not just that, but the more "normal" they became Yuu and Touko became sort of difficult to relate to. Still a fun ride overall, and a cute ending, but a bit disappointing in the last couple volumes.

A very interesting deployment of the “relate to” idiom . . .

Gg
joined Jul 13, 2018

All you guys talk about is how Sayaka has no development.
But you know what?

I DEMAND THAT WE HAVE MORE OF THE TEACHER COUPLE!

I love adult yuri

last edited at Oct 3, 2019 6:54PM

Ztzrww70_400x400
joined Feb 10, 2018

Well, here goes my favorite yuri. Reading it all those years sure was a pleasure, the release of a new chapter was one of the few things I was excited for every single month. I'll truly miss this series. Not only that, but YagaKimi is honestly an inspiration for me, I want to someday make my characters and the yuri in my work be at least a little bit as good as YagaKimi's were, not to mention the story itself.
That aside, I usually dislike timeskips but this one was honestly pretty good and a perfect conclusion. And I'm happy Sayaka finally has a girlfriend, she was my favorite character and I was pretty invested in her, can't wait for her novels and to discover who exactly is Haru. But yeah, really really good ending IMO.

Thanks Nakatani-sensei for the wonderful work and for bringing life to all those characters, with such wonderful art to boot.

last edited at Oct 4, 2019 12:12AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

-- with such wonderful art to boot.

Speaking of, can we discuss how pages 26-27 are a parade of amazing expressions and body language? Sayaka trying to nonchalantly contemplate the weather and Touko's sour look get me every time.

Random related notes: Sayaka being too awks to directly tell Touko about her new GF is oddly endearing, as is her and Yuu apparently having finally worked out a comfortable friendly distance but still studiously addressing and referring to each other rather formally even with Touko (who's on the pretty close first-name no-honorifics basis with Sayaka) present.

last edited at Oct 4, 2019 12:37AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

-- with such wonderful art to boot.

Speaking of, can we discuss how pages 26-27 are a parade of amazing expressions and body language? Sayaka trying to nonchalantly contemplate the weather and Touko's sour look get me every time.

Yeah, and Yuu’s (literal) double-take is the closest this story has gotten to slapstick cartooning.

Caf17338-61fd-484a-9549-c799f3691222
joined May 29, 2011

I reactivated my account after many years of lurking to give thanks for this lovely story. It was worth every second of stressful angst, hoping things would turn out okay. Adored the infinity rings and Sayaka’s priceless “nope nothing to see here” expression after she got accidentally busted by Yuu.

last edited at Oct 4, 2019 8:58PM

120x120px-ls-38203a65_avatar65018_8
joined Oct 27, 2011

Sayaka keep it secret and keep it cool as a natural reflex. She don't want to lose her cool (^__^~)

Copia%20di%20madohomuqts
joined Oct 15, 2018

gosh I can't believe this is actually over!! I'm both happy and sad but mostly happy with this final chapter, and that the girls are still together and seem to be doing fine. this manga really is a gem and I'll cherish it forever

joined Oct 10, 2016

Jesus, and now I need to start reading it because that idiot on discord challenged me... Let's hope there will be no sequel as in case of Citrus.

Fuck you, OneLastSpock#5395.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ OneLastSpock is an idiot. Like, reading the entirety of Bloom Into You isn't a challenge, it's just a weekend.

joined Dec 30, 2017

Thank you Nakatani-sensei for creating a beatiful strory and Thank you 4s for translation yagakimi.

Akari-mizunashi-transparent%203
joined Oct 10, 2014

So you all are saying I should read this? I stopped somewhere around chapter 20, and holy moly does it have a ton of comments now, at the end.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So you all are saying I should read this? I stopped somewhere around chapter 20, and holy moly does it have a ton of comments now, at the end.

A lot of people like it, a lot. You do what you want.

(Although if you read up to Chapter 20, you know what it's like. It doesn't change radically--the conflicts set up in the beginning get worked out.)

last edited at Oct 6, 2019 12:37PM

joined Sep 6, 2018

Considering the mangaka is so clever and original, I think the portrait of Koyomi in the final chapter is a self-portrait of the mangaka. It does point out the stress of meeting deadlines in her trade.

last edited at Oct 6, 2019 5:36PM

joined Sep 6, 2018

May the teacher couple continue... plenty of drama potential with this one, like being outed and having to struggle with its’ repercussions.

I’ve heard a rumor on this thread that the mangaka isn't going to continue the story, but I think it would be GENIUS if she licenses out parts of her intellectual property to other artists to continue or tie up loose threads in her story.

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

an end to a beautiful era

Ryokoayeka2
joined Sep 6, 2017

Best ride ever!! Why do i get the feeling that was a once in a lifetime manga? Great story, great art, great ending (although i would love to see them in an adult SoL story!)

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Regarding Nakatani's next work, she said "I want to do fantasy things this time. I'm doing what I want to do with Yuri, so I'll do it in the future, so I don't mean that I won't draw a lily in the future, but I think it will take some time to collect what I want to do. I'm thinking about it." From this interview: https://meets-seika.jp/campuslife/voice/student-blog/nishi-1

So Nakatani may draw Yuri in the future but, Bloom Into You already represents everything meaningful she wants to do.

Though the interview is 2 years old so things could have changed.

joined Oct 10, 2016

^ OneLastSpock is an idiot. Like, reading the entirety of Bloom Into You isn't a challenge, it's just a weekend.

Seems you're heavily unaware people have private lives and job, but whatever.

7903736f-23f1-43d2-bcca-91f78cf5aff1
joined Feb 18, 2019

it’s come to an end but what an ending it is, truly will stay up to be my favourite yuri story of all time. thanks for the journey guys!

Shit this was the ending right? Just realized i spoiled myself before reading so many previous chapters.... glad this ended nicely though

joined Jul 9, 2019

...And so Yuu and Touko find themselves asking the question, "Are we just two cute girls doing the cutest thing possible--or do we have enough between us to make a life together?"

That question is part of what raises this story above its yuri peers--at least among the few I've read. Buraboo!

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Read this today. Sweetest ending ever. This story will be missed!

To reply you must either login or sign up.