Forum › Posts by NxY

NxY
Double Bed discussion 17 Dec 06:20
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Wasn't enough for me. It felt kinda empty, kinda wished for something more.

It's just a fluffy one-shot, what more do you expect?

NxY
NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Regarding Nakatani's next work, she said "I want to do fantasy things this time. I'm doing what I want to do with Yuri, so I'll do it in the future, so I don't mean that I won't draw a lily in the future, but I think it will take some time to collect what I want to do. I'm thinking about it." From this interview: https://meets-seika.jp/campuslife/voice/student-blog/nishi-1

So Nakatani may draw Yuri in the future but, Bloom Into You already represents everything meaningful she wants to do.

Though the interview is 2 years old so things could have changed.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I have a question does anyone know if their going to be a anime of Saeki Sayaka ni Tsuite? (spin-off light novel about Sayaka) Cause I think that would be great if it does.

There hasn't even been any news about a potential season 2 of BiY. It's unlikely that the spin-off is going to be adapted when the original hasn't been given a complete adaptation.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

A summary of the second Sayaka novel is here if you want to read it. https://greatpassage.wordpress.com/2019/05/17/yagate-kimi-ni-naru-saeki-sayaka-ni-tsuite-vol-2/

There's a little something there for all the Midori x Manaka shippers.

It’s been a week and cliques have already been formed within the classrooms. Sayaka finds herself in the company of Yoshida Manaka and Igarashi Midori, two girls who get on like a house on fire despite their differing characters. Manaka is extremely gregarious and a little tactless, saying whatever is on her mind without bothering what other people think. Midori is a little more reserved and though she won’t admit it, she and Manaka are a perfectly matched-up pair – almost like a comedy duo married couple.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Sayaka's second light novel shows a timeskip to college. I wonder if yagakimi will end at the same timeline too, or if it'll do a bigger timeskip in the last chapter and show them as working adults.

I'm in the unfortunate position of having to decide whether this black bar hides a lego brick or a landmine.
Either way I'm going to lose my foot if I step on it, so maybe I should wait until whatever this is can be said openly.

It's a very minor spoiler about the third Sayaka novel.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

No secret about it actually.
Just read my dissertation on the subject a few dozen pages back and you will see the truth is that it was always O-B-V-I-O-U-S.

Mwahahahaha!

what the hell Nakatani, you cannot give my jokes this much power, this is not okay

It's also confirmed that Nakatani is lurking in this forum somewhere.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

So it's basically confirmed that Midori and Manaka are secretly married right?

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

WE HAVE BEEN WAITING ALMOST THREE YEARS FOR THIS TOO HAPPEN

^4 years

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

RAWS are out! http://tieba.baidu.com/photo/p?kw=%E7%BB%88%E5%B0%86%E6%88%90%E4%B8%BA%E4%BD%A0&flux=1&tid=6113961782&pic_id=589fd202918fa0ecac8e4e50289759ee3c6ddbf6&pn=1&fp=2&see_lz=1&red_tag=a2146507031&fbclid=IwAR3JS7dxI2JjR8VWzMsY_2nL6iszGceQmuHifcrhUEvGvWI8vJNmm042G_0

Haven't bothered to enter the link, but I thought this should be out on 27th, so... I guess I gotta repeat the meme from earlier to show how I reacted to that. Also, to delete the previous post I used that meme in.
(https://i.redd.it/f46azqiqcg411.jpg)

It's the 27th in Japan

last edited at Apr 26, 2019 2:29PM by Nezchan

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Folks, the Yagate Kimi ni Naru facebook group is currently saying that volume 8 will be the last one for this story. Has anyone else seen any verification of this fact from an official source?

Nakatani said she was 80% through the story at volume 6, so Volume 8 is likely to be the last one. I don't think it's been confirmed, though.

Edit: This tweet says it's the last but, I'm not sure where they got the information from.

last edited at Apr 24, 2019 4:04PM

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I wouldn't call Bloom Into You overrated. My issue with it is more that while it's very well executed, it still only tells a very typical story I read many times before, so despite it nuance, I lost my interest in reading it. I really wish it would go a different route and explore some new grounds, while still being as well written as it's now. And yes, I'm fully aware it all boils down to me setting some expectations and story not meeting them. I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I feel like reading that kind of generic plot again.

It's really not generic. While Bloom isn't doing anything ground-breaking, the quality of the writing outclasses anything remotely similar. There is very few manga as emotionally complex as YagaKimi. I've read a few stories where the main protagonist starts off not knowing what love is like but, YagaKimi's the only one that has done this concept justice IMO. There are quite a few stories that have a seemingly perfect girl with a hidden side but, apart from Monogatari, I can't think of any that have done it properly. It explores new grounds by virtue of going deeper into the psyches of it's characters.

YagaKimi isn't special in concept but, it has become special through impeccable execution. You're basically comparing a burger from a fast food restaurant to a burger from a 3 Michelin Star restaurant.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I’m starting to think this series is overrated

Are you going to say why?

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Ya know, I'm pretty sure Renma-sensei and "author" are the same person. Call it a hunch.

Shhh...

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

What the hell? There haven't been any new fanarts for almost a month? Ugh... I suck at drawing (unless it's maps and countryballs we're talking about), so I'm really cursing my lack of expertise more than anyone/anything else...
Should I resort to just asking around some of my friends if they're good at drawing such stuff and if they follow YagaKimi to make a fanart for me?
thinks for a solid 5 minutes
Nah, it's probs not worth the risk...
sighs
From the depths of my soul, I'm truly sorry for bothering y'all with my half-assed horsecrap.

Check the YagaKimi subreddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/YagateKiminiNaru/

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Too bad Yuu sucks at Beisbol. Those balls didn't go anywhere near the target, even with all that form. :P
Inbefore Yuu defenders say that her wild emotions encumbered her batting skills.

I'm surprised so many people fell for the bait. Unless you suddenly lost about 50 IQ and this wasn't baiting.

last edited at Mar 9, 2019 8:06AM

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I get migraines when I wear yuri goggles that strong.

So I try to only do it a couple of times a week.

I’m so used to wearing them that the migraines don’t even hurt anymore.

Your username and profile picture fit this sentence too well.

last edited at Feb 19, 2019 9:19AM

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

K, thanks. I can see 3 people benefiting from this mental gymnastics and BS: @Lily_Writer; yourself; myself. Although hopefully there are more.

EDIT: Not trying to ruin our fun here, but some (although, thankfully, not all) of these "evidence" have simpler and more likely explanations than what you gave and what I can hope for.

How dare you question my extremely scientific sociological analyses of two clearly gay girls being in love with each other? Do you even want them to be lovers? You have to be a bit more deluded determined to keep up with us around here.
This is the most canon couple in all of YagaKimi, short of one inevitable interview with Nakatani revealing "Yes, I made them gay and nobody realized it! I snuck it in below everyone's eyes!" Praise be to our goddess of subtlety. So subtle in fact that it's nearly indistingushable from not being there.

First:
Please, calm down. Just because I don't find as much convincing evidence as you did, that doesn't mean I'm not shipping them, too.

Second:
To this question:

Do you even want them to be lovers?

My answer is "Yes.", actually.

BV I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Bloom's 2nd Volume Blu-ray is selling reasonably well (about the same as the 1st) at 3,490 in the 1st week.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-02-05/japan-animation-blu-ray-disc-ranking-january-28-february-3/.143018

last edited at Feb 5, 2019 6:38AM

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I don't have much to say that won't be said better by someone else later on but, the panel on the first page where the boat is trying to navigate the narrow part of the river reminds me of something Nakatani said in an interview: that this was the difficult part. Similar to the boat, she has managed to smoothly steer the story through a potential minefield and I'm very grateful for that.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

TL: https://imgur.com/a/DigCm2h
The chapter is also uploaded on Mangadex but I heard there's some internal server issue that's making it slow to load (The file size is pretty big too so I might have to reupload). This was such an amazing chapter & a bit of an interesting one to translate. 4s version should still be coming at some point, but this should suffice for now. Enjoy, folks!

All of the thanks

Edit: That was so beautiful, can't quite find the words right now.

last edited at Jan 27, 2019 4:03PM

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

So I think this story will quickly go to end in next 3 chapter. Only Touko talk to yuu to show her purpose.
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6018157527

Shouldn’t you put spoiler tag? The chapter isn’t posted here yet. And I don’t think it will end in next 3 chapters. Remember, it’ll end in volume 8. Volume 8 can’t be that short. And it kinda nonsense if there’s only 3 chapters, 1 for Yuu x Touko talks, and 2 for fluffs? No. It’s too shallow.

Sorry. I am new here. this is my first post in this forum. :xD
If this story can't end in the next 3 chapters ( Volume 7), It need to use additional 1-5 chapters to resolve contradiction between Touko and yuu in Volume 8 ? In 38 chapter, Touko sent Line message to yuu, I don't think their talks will be arranged very behind. In fact, I feel the rhythm of the story has accelerated.

It would take 3 chapters to resolve Yuu and Touko's current conflict but, there's also other things to resolve like them coming out as a couple or what happens to the other characters.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Any idea what the bridge could symbolise? It's shown three times so it might have some more meaning than: 'they crossed the bridge'.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

If anyone is interested to see how the beta character designs look like, here they are: https://m.imgur.com/a/8pJjrJq

I actually prefer the way they're drawn there. Maybe because I like sketchier art in general.

Thanks for the pics

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Just saw this up on Reddit (https://i.redd.it/aa0m4978oua21.jpg) and you need to see it. Some more here as well (https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=72678446)