Forum › Posts by 50srefugee

50srefugee
joined Jul 9, 2019

...And so Yuu and Touko find themselves asking the question, "Are we just two cute girls doing the cutest thing possible--or do we have enough between us to make a life together?"

That question is part of what raises this story above its yuri peers--at least among the few I've read. Buraboo!

50srefugee
Image Comments 09 Jul 19:26
joined Jul 9, 2019
74051296_p0

I love how the reds of Touko's dress harmonizes with Yuu's bowtie--and how the ring box ties them together. Subtle postures and expressions telling a story we only glimpse, but do not know. Well done.

50srefugee
Image Comments 09 Jul 19:24
joined Jul 9, 2019
74051296_p0

The box is open towards Touko, who is playing the sultry feminine role. Yuu is the tough-guy behind the bar, she's in the male-ish power position. Reading right-to-left, Nihongo style--
Touko: What's this?
Yuu [growling]: No more games, babe. Take it or leave.

I love Touko skepticism, and Yuu's world weariness. Yuu's not--quite--looking into Touko's eyes, but not down her cleavage, either. She's almost bored, or pretending to be. The Red Dame's played well, but Yuu's got her own games, dangerous ones, she doesn't need the distractions. Unless Touko's willing to commit, Yuu's going to slip the hook, and disappear into the swirling currents she came from.

last edited at Jul 9, 2019 7:28PM