Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

joined Oct 13, 2015

I'm going to miss getting the updates for these chapters. It was long but never boring.
Though it's much better to have an ending than stringing this along forever.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

really disappointed by the lack of development of sayaka, we didn't even saw her girlfriend, it's like she's no more than a side character now.

She was never more than a side character.

Well, outside of the spinoff. ;p

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Later on Touko and Yuu finally meet the mysterious "Haru-chan" Sayaka has been dating and it looks, acts and sounds exactly like Touko.

The funny thing is that she's actually more like Yuu than Touko.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

And on that note, it's clear that Yuu is getting close to being done with college, possibly quicker than Touko because of Touko concentrating more on acting than classes, since she's going to job fairs. (I liked the little dig that Sayaka got in on Touko about whether she was keeping up with her studies.)

That was a little thing I was wondering about--both the question and Touko's hesitation in answering.

(It's not like Sayaka to have Touko at a loss in regard to academics, so, as you say, she apparently has expanded her horizons beyond book learning.)

Well,Japan is a little more casual about university than in the west. There, High school is more of a grinder, and college is more laid back. Pair that with her career, it's not that surprising that Touko isn't focusing on academics as much. Still, she gets a little defensive with Sayaka, showing she still takes some pride and motivation from at least making progress toward her degree, even if it's not the priority it was in high school.

I mostly just took it as her not stressing out over being perfect anymore.

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

Beautiful.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Be on the lookout for Nakatani's soon to be smash hit, 'Mio Nanami's Adventures In Another Land!'

Coming t-today wednesday

Funny, I didn't make the connection that Mio got truck-kun'd and truck-kun is a popular meme plot device to land the (usually a loser) MC into an isekai.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Nice ending.

Nakatani has stated she won't be doing another yuru series in the future

F

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

really disappointed by the lack of development of sayaka, we didn't even saw her girlfriend, it's like she's no more than a side character now.

I thought she was getting a spin off from this series, I assume we see her girlfriend in that. Or was that just rumors.

Sayaka already got spin-off, it’s not a rumor lol. It’s just that it’s a light novel not a manga but Nakatani was the illustrator. There were already 2 books out, and the third book will be released on 2020. And we surely see Haru’s design on this 3rd book.

Later on Touko and Yuu finally meet the mysterious "Haru-chan" Sayaka has been dating and it looks, acts and sounds exactly like Touko

If I’m correct that it was Haru-chan in the end of the 2nd book, Sayaka indeed described her like a “dog”, and sort of lively... so she seems an opposite of Touko, more like Yuu probably.

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 8:32PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I thought she was getting a spin off from this series, I assume we see her girlfriend in that. Or was that just rumors.

Sayaka already got spin-off, it’s not a rumor lol. It’s just that it’s a light novel not a manga but Nakatani was the illustrator. There were already 2 books out, and the third book will be released on 2020. And we surely see Haru’s design on this 3rd book.

Later on Touko and Yuu finally meet the mysterious "Haru-chan" Sayaka has been dating and it looks, acts and sounds exactly like Touko

If I’m correct that it was Haru-chan in the end of the 2nd book, Sayaka indeed described her like a “dog”, and sort of lively... so she seems an opposite of Touko, more like Yuu probably.

And more importantly, when Haru called Sayaka "senpai," Sayaka got reminded of Yuu, who used to call Touko "senpai" as well. Basically, the novel makes it pretty clear Haru is meant to be Sayaka's "Yuu."

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 9:08PM

joined Nov 5, 2017

And more importantly, when Haru called Sayaka "senpai," Sayaka got reminded of Yuu, who used to call Touko "senpai" as well. Basically, the novel makes it pretty clear Haru is meant to be Sayaka's "Yuu."

(Reply to Shojie's and this comment)
The vague description we got from Sayaka about Haru doesn't make her seem like either Yuu or Touko. A girl full of life, clothed in spring, a lot of movement, seemingly shy enough but still had the courage to approach Sayaka... yeah, definitely not a Yuu. Yuu is much quieter, not very energetic, a kind girl but can be blunt when the time calls for it. Haru seems more genki? Not totally but kinda like that (we'll find out later I guess...). Touko is closer personality-wise since she is a cute dork, but is still remarkably different.
I do agree that Haru is "Yuu" in a way- she will be the girl who will "save" Sayaka, but in a different way Yuu did with Touko.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

(Reply to Shojie's and this comment)
The vague description we got from Sayaka about Haru doesn't make her seem like either Yuu or Touko. A girl full of life, clothed in spring, a lot of movement, seemingly shy enough but still had the courage to approach Sayaka... yeah, definitely not a Yuu. Yuu is much quieter, not very energetic, a kind girl but can be blunt when the time calls for it. Haru seems more genki? Not totally but kinda like that (we'll find out later I guess...). Touko is closer personality-wise since she is a cute dork, but is still remarkably different.
I do agree that Haru is "Yuu" in a way- she will be the girl who will "save" Sayaka, but in a different way Yuu did with Touko.

I wasn't talking about personality per se. Just the feel to it. Like in this scene from the novel when Haru literally reminds Sayaka of Yuu:

“I’m in your hands, senpai.” The girl jokes lightly, moving to stand beside me.
“Senpai, huh…” I let out a little chuckle at the sound of the word.
The girl tilts her head a little in response.
“It’s nothing.” I had just recalled a certain junior whom I’d never be able to forget even if I wanted to. I say ‘recall’ but to be fair, we do still see each other once in a while. In fact, I see her more often than I see Touko. It’s easy for us to meet anyway. Not just physically, but emotionally.

Also, I don't think Haru is meant to "save" Sayaka. The theme the novel is developing with Sayaka is the she fucked up all her relationships because she was too passive and always followed others instead of taking the initiative. So having a little underclassman as love interest is meant to push her out of her comfort zone. For once Sayaka has to be the assertive one and take the lead.

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 10:48PM

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Later on Touko and Yuu finally meet the mysterious "Haru-chan" Sayaka has been dating and it looks, acts and sounds exactly like Touko.
Yuu: "Well, this is rather alarming."
Touko: "So that's what you needed my DNA and hair samples for. You minx!"
Haru-chan: "KILL ME!!!!!! I WANT TO DIEEEEE!!!!"
Sayaka throws up her arms and goes: "My catchphrase!"
(cue laugh track from the completely legit live studio audience)

You got wild imagination.I dig it. Tell me more.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Also, I don't think Haru is meant to "save" Sayaka. The theme the novel is developing with Sayaka is the she fucked up all her relationships because she was too passive and always followed others instead of taking the initiative. So having a little underclassman as love interest is meant to push her out of her comfort zone. For once Sayaka has to be the assertive one and take the lead.

Yeah, I can't wait to see Sayaka's power top moves.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

F

From what I've heard, for Nakatani, the "non-yuri stories" category also includes the " stories that include yuri, but yuri isn't the main focus of those stories" category.

Untitled172-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

Oh my god that was such a good ride! ;; definitely one of the most satisfying series

Also who's that other person with the 4 they met up with? The one in the right most

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

This series has been my obsession for who knows how long now, ever since I first laid my eyes on it. No other manga I was subscribed to on this site could get me as excited and agitated the moment I saw a new chapter appear in my email alerts. It is, as many others have said already, what I would consider a work of art. And with its ending finalized, the promise of its potential fulfilled, I think it really is time for it to be canonized as one of the classics of the genre.

I would ramble on for another fourty paragraphs about the last chapter but I already subjected my partner to that torture so I'll spare the forum. I will just say that I greatly appreciated all the little nods to various characters and that the full color ending pages were perfectly, heart-rendingly placed.

I love this series, and I would like to think that it has taught me something about what love could be and how fallible humans are. But above all, it is of course a story about Touko and Yuu, two characters with a dynamic I heavily relate to, and if I could say anything to Nakatani directly ever, I would have to say thank you for having given life to them in the first place and told their story with such mastery.

This is a nostalgic moment for me, seeing the series end (minus bonus chapters), and I'm very moved right now. It'll be a long time before another series can capture me so, but until then, Yagakime will be the shining pinnacle of storytelling for me to aspire towards.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Great Days

62138151_394743754474923_2855562053886672896_n
joined Aug 5, 2018

I want more!!! But the story was good and the art style as well i wish they can do more chapters

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Also who's that other person with the 4 they met up with? The one in the right most

Natsuki

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END AND THIS WAS A VERY GOOD THING

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

F

From what I've heard, for Nakatani, the "non-yuri stories" category also includes the " stories that include yuri, but yuri isn't the main focus of those stories" category.

This is pretty common in general. A lot of writers and artists in Japan seem to think of Yuri as a specific romance-centric genre, not just anything that happens to have girls that like girls in it.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

F

This is pretty common in general. A lot of writers and artists in Japan seem to think of Yuri as a specific romance-centric genre, not just anything that happens to have girls that like girls in it.

Well suppose someone says you only write battle manga, but you actually write slice-of-life stories with occaional battles in it. I guess it's somewhat like that. It's just an element of a bigger narrative, while saying "I write yuri" basically means you focus on the yuri.

joined Aug 31, 2019

sayaka got a spin off with the light novel. haru will be there on the 3rd book i guess

joined Oct 3, 2019

Holy Wow! I just finished reading this and I can safely say it is the best manga I have ever read.
the emotions it made me feel are incredible, and I will never forget it.
I am really unhappy that it must come to an end....

(this reply might seem "sappy" or what not, but IDGAF I created this account just to I could post this.)

joined Jun 12, 2015

The end of an era.

To reply you must either login or sign up.