Forum › Unfaithful discussion

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Mochi's been reading too much Kodama Naoko lately.

what is with the slew of dark and twisty oneshots? first Watagiri Saya and now Mochi Au Lait. I'm not complaining. I am just a bit shocked.

It's a sign of growing confidence and tranquility in Japan's LGBTQ community. Even though marriage equality hasn't been attained, improved social acceptance by mainstream societ, and the fact lesbian women aren't subjected to the oppressive social pressures as heterosexual women (marriage, childbearing, virtual domestic servitude in a staunchly patriarchal society) means there's more freedom and space despite lingering prejudice. Plus a stronger sense of community and solidarity with each other. I

With a general sense of wellbeing of this strength exists in any community, artists and their audiences are more daring in entertaining darker themes (whereas in more turbulent times they deal is lighter distracting fare to allay anxiety). Bottom line is that traditional Yuri with its fluffy stories and flippant characters no longer reflects the actual Lesbian experience in Japan, and we're seeing the beginnings of a move towards darker (supernatural, horror, sci-fi, and more deviant hentai) material in the next 2 to 3 years.

Sorry to burst your sociocultural bubble, but you need to remember that only a tiny fraction of Japan's yuri works get translated, and there is a selection bias toward the more interesting and unusual works. What gets scanlated into English is not representative of Japan's trends in yuri as a whole - and even if they were, that too would not be something on which to base such a theory, however optimistic it may be.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

OK wow.

For once, I am in favour of the cheating. In the context of this one-shot, of course.

Eh? Why not breaking up at once? There's nothing good about this relationship. And it kind of feels like this cheating will destroy her life even more.

I had a bad feeling when the oneshot started, even though MaL usually makes lighthearted yuri. And it became true...

last edited at Sep 11, 2019 2:56AM

joined Dec 13, 2018

Mochi's been reading too much Kodama Naoko lately.

ayyy lmao

Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

Well that went from tolerable to just unpleasant.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Uuuuuu yuri NTR.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I actually think the protagonist should stay with her current girlfriend. The first impression does not seem that good but when you read what the seducing senpai says then it seems that the two just have a bit of a rough time, probably because the full time job is very exhausting and makes her girlfriend act like a jerk. Nothing a sweet yuri normally couldn't heal.

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

When this artist first started appearing here I didn't like any of his works: shallow, uninspiring boring stories with mediocre art. Good to see that after 2 years nothing fucking changed, it takes talent to not grow your writing abilities even after 2 years.

joined Sep 11, 2014

Feels like a Kodama story with art by Mochi.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Now I'm sad. Poor Tashiron, sometimes you just can't win.

She seriously needs a more healthy relationship. She doesn't have a sister or what?

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Dependent and Unlucky (targeted)
Truly a deadly combination

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Sequel please

joined Feb 23, 2016

Hahaha i thought it was weird that Mochi only had Cheating.. makes me suspicious a lot more without her other tags xD but damn didnot expect that recording part.. but i still laugh at every picture she has in the end man xD intense knife holding

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

When this artist first started appearing here I didn't like any of his works: shallow, uninspiring boring stories with mediocre art. Good to see that after 2 years nothing fucking changed, it takes talent to not grow your writing abilities even after 2 years.

Someone’s triggered.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Someone’s triggered.

Also, it’s “her.”

joined Dec 20, 2016

It's like that bit on Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei. All of Mochi's 4-page stories have a hidden 5th page: darkness.

↑ It's "their". Mochi au Lait is two people, a man and a woman.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Feels like a Kodama story with art by Mochi.

I had the same thought, lmao! Awesome stuff!

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Hoo boy

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

OK wow.

For once, I am in favour of the cheating. In the context of this one-shot, of course.

Lol how can you say that? Did you even see the ending, what the Senpai’s true color?

Poor Tashiron. I guess she should at least go back to her hometown.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

rather posted:

It's like that bit on Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei. All of Mochi's 4-page stories have a hidden 5th page: darkness.

↑ It's "their". Mochi au Lait is two people, a man and a woman.

In fact 1 feels like a man, so it's 2 guys.

joined Sep 25, 2015

This is a breath of fresh air from Mochi.
I'm used to her weird yuri but I also like this one but I'm hoping the main character gets a happy ending.
No one deserves to be treated like that.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

This new art style is definitely Mochi at the same time not Mochi.. Is it weird that I actually like her older style more (even though I hated it at the start)? The old one felt like it had more of that Mochi charm.

last edited at Sep 11, 2019 10:40AM

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

DAT twist, what jus happen? where you come from?

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Someone’s triggered.

I mean, I agree Mocchi's stories are hella shallow and cliche.

But I don't hate it. When I became a Yuri fan I left all my cravings for plot and meaning at the door.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

I enjoyed this one. Relationships aren't always happy even if they start that way and this is not overly dramatic. Would like to see a part 2

Mmm.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Mc seems to attract only shit girlfriends, pretty realistic actually.

Yes, lesbians are "just like normal people" too eh? I mean that in a positive way of course! We're all just human, same problems, same strengths and weaknesses.

It's tragic that Tashiron is such a doormat, but at least she's starting to stand up for herself! Unfortunately, her 'type' is just red meat for predators, they often go from one abusive relationship to another.

And speaking of abuse, a HUUUGE red flag jumped up: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/unfaithful#4

with the line "only the one who can provide for us can have that luxury... So I can't drink." That's a straight up danger signal.

Do they even have sex? I'm guessing they must? But maybe not... truly awful, and no help in sight.

Must have sequels! The more the better!

Plus I love Mochi's works, terrific stuff, distinctive art style, especially eyes and faces :-)

To reply you must either login or sign up.