Forum › VAMPEERZ discussion

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Was not impressed with chapter 4. Hmph.

joined Dec 28, 2016

Wonder what's the Japanese word they translate as "manservant" in English...

It gotta be quite an ambiguous word, because when Ichika tries to picture herself in Jirou's place her mental image is of herself in the role of a DOG, on her knees and tongue lolling out, while Aria pets her tenderly.

(And she looks turned on by the idea, lol. Normally, that's where you include a caption saying "Something awakened inside her!")

I didn't look at the raw but I imagine its下僕 (geboku) which is commonly used in vampire stories for the sub-vampires of the primary vampire. It's often just translated as "servant" though as I believe that term existed back when the servants were all men. I think "retainer" (with the meaning "A dependent or follower of someone of rank.") might be the best translation in this situation.

Example sentences: https://ejje.weblio.jp/content/%E4%B8%8B%E5%83%95

last edited at Jun 3, 2019 2:12AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

The depiction of Ichika as just a completely smitten maiden is really great. Not something you see too often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeh-9nkTfsY

HopeFromYuri
5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

I would recognize this style anywhere.. ahh

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

No one is gonna translate the chapter 5?

So when is the next translated chapter going to be?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

So when is the next translated chapter going to be?

When someone gets round to typesetting it. Such is the downside of open-source translation. Anyone who knows how to typeset is welcome to swing by /u/'s Translation Thread if they wanna speed things up.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

When someone gets round to typesetting it. Such is the downside of open-source translation. Anyone who knows how to typeset is welcome to swing by /u/'s Translation Thread if they wanna speed things up.

If I could find someone to teach me how to typeset I'd do so. Alas I am ignorant of such things. :(

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

If I could find someone to teach me how to typeset I'd do so. Alas I am ignorant of such things. :(

I could teach you how to typeset.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I could teach you how to typeset.

Excuse me whilst I date myself:

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-
O RLY?

joined Jul 26, 2016

Selfcest

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Selfcest

Not that kind of date! Though to be fair at this point in my life it's probably the only way I'll ever find a girlfriend, lol.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-
O RLY?

Hahaha. I'm always happy to help any interested parties who seriously want to give it a shot. If you think you fit that description, you know where to find me~

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

So far the story is meh. I liked Prism, so I expected something more. We're still in the begging though so who knows.
It's basically a cute girls who happen to also be vampire story. You know, when them being a vampire is just for extra points instead of having a plot around it.

Also I don't understand why she didn't just brainwash someone else to kill her instead, if she wanted to die. Feels more like a plot hole

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

"What the..."
You're not alone, Ichika.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'm always happy to have more chapters of my favorite v4mP1r€ comic.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Ichika's reaction faces are 24-carat gold.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

At least the mom actually hypnotizes young pretty girls, she's already good in my book.

Img_os7f7k
joined Oct 6, 2018

Ichika's reaction faces are 24-carat gold.

Is exactly what i was thinking xD

GiantEnemyShark
Stupidruby
joined Dec 30, 2017

Marisa, you got some competition for the title of "Most hilarious panicked face". Good luck.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

That pacing was a little different. Just wanted to get the "mom" introduced as quickly as possible? I don't like her at all so far. I guess she's the comedy relief though.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

THE MOMENT ICHIKA'S LIFE GOT TURNT UPSIDE DOWN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nCqRmx3Dnw

This probably has to be my favorite supernatural yuri manga out right now.

Ye
joined Apr 1, 2018

yaho its ya girl the vamp lesbian

joined Jul 26, 2016

Say what else you will of Higashiyama but his sense of comedy has always been

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

I can't make any sense of page #26
It doesn't even flow and the dialogue doesn't even feel like it's exchanged between the characters

To reply you must either login or sign up.