Forum › Tadokoro-san discussion

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

F6027a7c125b156932db27aa264cfb2a
joined Jul 3, 2015

So is the webcomic continuing?

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

This manga seems interesting, specially that Nikaudo girl, but I won't get my hopes up yet... Maybe is just all subtext .-.).

Oh sweet summer child.

P.s Who writes the series sumary- the uploader or dynasty staff? There's a typo- says feel in love instead of 'fell'.

last edited at Aug 10, 2019 12:20PM

joined Jul 31, 2013

This is lovely still. I'm glad the comic is this popular.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Hopefully it being serialized means we'll eventually get some tanks that get picked up for an English release.

It already did. They're online only through Lilyka.

Quiescent-Rose
Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

I think your 'flows better' feel might just be because you are used to the web comic version- or because you like faster paced works. You CANT say it is better or worse because pacing is not objective (unless inconsistent or inappropriate).

They can say it’s better or worse exactly BECAUSE it’s subjective.

Either way it would have been nice if the uploader or a mod would have said something when this was posted so that it wasn’t so confusing what was happening.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

It's kinda cringy to compare the old and new ch.1. Notice how the new version adds generic exposition for no purpose but padding out the page count. I expect this to be a total Hollywood remake.

last edited at Aug 10, 2019 1:42PM

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

...hnn, I don't mind the new version. If this puts a hold onto the webcomic, that'd be sad as there was finally some tangible progress.
But I can live with the new version and improved art, hoping it will eventually catch up soon.

(There's always the chance, that 2 previous 4-page chapters will occassionally get thrown into one new 10-page version, as long it makes narrative sense.)

Gotta love, how Tatsubon redrew everything but Tadokoro's art :P
Old: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tadokoro_san_web_comic_ch01#2
New: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tadokoro_san_ch01#6

Edit:

It's kinda cringy to compare the old and new ch.1. Notice how the new version adds generic exposition for no purpose but padding out the page count. I expect this to be a total Hollywood remake.

You think so? I don't find additional context to have no purpose. If this was the first itteration of this manga, one might not even notice.
- there's now an actual introduction of the namesgiving protagonist (which was imo missing in the web-comic's first chapter)
- Tadakoro's loner-existance is not just an informed attribute, but now shown
- Nikaidou's popularity (even with the teachers) is now actually presented and put into (stronger) contrast to Tadakoro's isolation
- Tadakoro's mangaka skills are now more impressive, because she quickly drew a second picture (the one of Nikaidou)
- seeing a totally shaken Tadakoro also helps establishing her character beyond informed attributes
- as well as Nikaidou switching from creepy lusting face to a much cuter, helpless expression in the last panel

All in all, I'd say that's a win.

last edited at Aug 10, 2019 3:39PM

78519a80bda4a346c682b1a92a6a70883ccaf876ac706c027e9425ec84be03c5
joined Nov 28, 2017

Wow hapy to see the serialization x3

joined Jul 26, 2016

- as well as Nikaidou switching from creepy lusting face to a much cuter, helpless expression in the last panel

...I'm going to be dissapoint if she later doesn't do that ahegao face over the thought of Inko watching her, though. :/

last edited at Aug 10, 2019 4:04PM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

You think so? I don't find additional context to have no purpose. If this was the first itteration of this manga, one might not even notice.
- there's now an actual introduction of the namesgiving protagonist (which was imo missing in the web-comic's first chapter)
- Tadakoro's loner-existance is not just an informed attribute, but now shown
- Nikaidou's popularity (even with the teachers) is now actually presented and put into (stronger) contrast to Tadakoro's isolation
- Tadakoro's mangaka skills are now more impressive, because she quickly drew a second picture (the one of Nikaidou)
- seeing a totally shaken Tadakoro also helps establishing her character beyond informed attributes

Those things become apparent over the course of the old story too - if they didn't we wouldn't know about them yet. That illustrates how unnecessary the exposition is.

last edited at Aug 10, 2019 4:05PM

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Guys, guys, is it me or this Tadakoro and Nikaidou gals look like Tomoko and Asuka ripoffs?

Yes, we've gone through this in the discussion thread for the webcomic.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

over the course of the old story

I remember starting to read the first and being like "huh?". Only the shortness of the chapters had me give it a few more shots (and the fact that at the time more chapters were already available).
And, boi, I'm glad the story and characters are actually so much better than the first original chapter made it out to be. (E.g.: As thirsty Nikaidou is, she's much less creepy / bipolar.)

In serialisation the author must captivate the audience and hold them, set the tone and premise, give some context and establish its characters. All of that and then some.
This version does just that.
It's a pilot, a proper one. Whereas, imo, the web-comic just threw the reader in and hoped for the best (readers sticking around or accumulating with more uploaded chapters giving said context).

But it's all fine. I prefer this re-do and you like the original better. Taste differs and that's a good thing.
We may or may not both find ourselves changing each our opinion with the next chapter. Who knows.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Hopefully it being serialized means we'll eventually get some tanks that get picked up for an English release.

It already did. They're online only through Lilyka.

Yeah. I'm aware of those. I more meant a physical release though.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

In serialisation the author must captivate the audience and hold them, set the tone and premise, give some context and establish its characters.

Frankly, it feels like I'm being talked down to when it explicitly explains things in words that were already obvious from the framing and character interactions before.

I mean, it's still Tadokoro-san and entertaining, but it felt a bit overproduced to me.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It might feel that way for the people who are already overly familiar with the characters.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Huh?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@ Quiescent-Rose Call me pedantic but That was my objection. The same thing as you just did. Ofcourse anyone can say they like or dislike the pacing more. Or they THINK it is worse or better etc. I was just objecting to the wording- 'the pacing is worse' = stated as though it is an immutable fact we must all accept - and NOT just their opinion.

If someone means they personally THINK so, then they should say that. And even better if they explain why they think so- even if it's just / or not, to their taste.

Any time i see someone say so and so is crap - I automatically want to correct them with- you mean YOU think so. Not that it IS. And if they think there is objective reasons why something is bad- or great- then I'd like to hear them.

last edited at Aug 10, 2019 7:29PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Come to think of it, they are also remaking "A Lazy High School Guy Who Woke Up as a Girl One Morning" in the same way as this one -- from 4-page chapters to 10+ pages per chapter. I noticed similar changes.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This is nice. The other version was nice too. Never did get around to even commenting on that one. So busy. perishes from exhaustion

joined Jun 12, 2019

I don’t get this.. what’s the difference between this and the other existing one?

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I don’t get this.. what’s the difference between this and the other existing one?

Longer chapters so more details are able to be included. Possible changes to the story down the line as well.

Dzmoo4lxuaa5tye
joined Jul 21, 2019

It is a little weird, but I’m also excited to see what they’ll do. I love the webcomic, but there were a few moments where I wanted it to be a little longer.

joined Feb 15, 2019

This manga seems interesting, specially that Nikaudo girl, but I won't get my hopes up yet... Maybe is just all subtext .-.).

Oh sweet summer child.

P.s Who writes the series sumary- the uploader or dynasty staff? There's a typo- says feel in love instead of 'fell'.

(https://closeoutwarrior.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/metal_gear_asleep.jpg)

Maybe they were typing with a Kiwi accent lol

last edited at Aug 11, 2019 9:07AM by Nezchan

84e6a6e7-57b4-46e6-b387-5a9bd44d45ef
joined Oct 10, 2014

I love this new introduction to the comic. It's such a fun read.

To reply you must either login or sign up.