Forum › Tadokoro-san discussion

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Hmm, I liked the webcomic version of Nikaidou's infatuation better.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Hmm, I liked the webcomic version of Nikaidou's infatuation better.

I suspect it's going to be turned up to 11 pretty soon. We only have two chapters of the manga for now, and Nikaidou has already gotten to obsessive stalker mode, I'd say it's only a matter of time until she reaches a level even further beyond.
...Hopefully, anyways. I would be kind of disappointed if she didn't.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I meant in the sense that Nikaidou was already interested in Tadakoro, knowing about her and "Inko-sensei" before the story started, rather than never giving a damn about her until she saw her drawings.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I figured out my quibble with this serialization so far.
The problem I have with it is it's third person narration
Both the first and second chapters of the web series are first person narration and they feel more fluid
then the omnipresent narration. It feels a bit unnecessary and forced if I'm being honest.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Why

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I just read the web version again a couple hours ago and noticed a number of places where a few more panels or pages would probably have been helpful. One of those places was in the parts where Nikaidou was stalking her... and this longer version didn't capitalise on that potential at all. Instead of using the extra space to reduce the need for third-person narration, it kinda feels like there's more of it. :/

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

I kinda like the expanded chapters so far.

joined Jul 21, 2016

The web comic is better. All the little things add up.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

But she's never talked to one of her classmates.

Me: what the hell, she's popular and all, clearly she must have talked to at least one of her classmates ... ... ... ... oh, right, it means she's never talked to a specific one classmate named Tadokoro-san. Right, right. Need more coffee ...

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Ah shit here we go again...

joined Feb 22, 2018

Me: what the hell, she's popular and all, clearly she must have talked to at least one of her classmates ... ... ... ... oh, right, it means she's never talked to a specific one classmate named Tadokoro-san. Right, right. Need more coffee ...

Nothing like a literal translation to sow unnecessary confusion.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

I still enjoy the longer chapters and more "show don't tell" application.
But I could also do without the 3rd person in this one. The original ch02 was from Nikaidou's POV and I think this version could also have benefited from that... (not the content of words, but the perspective) and looking back to ch01, it wouldn't have hurt there either (character introducing themselves, introspectively).

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Nothing like a literal translation to sow unnecessary confusion.

I was just about to drop the translators a note on this lol.

While it might be literally correct it is very misleadingly phrased and the obvious first way it would be taken is NOT what was meant.

What the translator SHOULD have wrote was something like-

'But there's one class mate she has never talked to.'

last edited at Aug 11, 2019 8:35AM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I'm really liking this!

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

I think the transition from chapter 1 to chapter 2 wasn't quite good.
In the end of chapter 1, Nikaidou already likes Tadokoro.
But we see the development of that only in chapter 2.

joined Aug 21, 2017

ngl I hope the author retcons the bully to like Tadokoro instead of Nikaidou

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Oh, an official release!

Just out of curiosity, what magazine is in?
I could read "Valkyrie", but what Valkyrie? Comic Valkyrie?

joined Jan 22, 2015

I must agree.

joined Apr 16, 2018

Tatsubon is bonnari, right?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hahaha I don't remember her being such maiden in love, but I won't go back and compare... Let's see how this one plays out

last edited at Aug 11, 2019 9:35PM

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

I figured out my quibble with this serialization so far.
Both the first and second chapters of the web series are first person narration and they feel more fluid
then the omnipresent narration. It feels a bit unnecessary and forced if I'm being honest.

I agree that the narration feels largely unnecessary, but it could easily be a suggestion from an editor, in which case I'll let it slide.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Hahaha I don't remember her being such maiden in love, but I won't go back and compare... Let's see how this one plays out

Oh she totally is. She's fucking gaga over Tadokoro from the start. It's part of what makes this story so great.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I must agree.

It's a lot better if you read it in the voice of the narrator in the jojo anime.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

SushiKnight posted:

I must agree.

It's a lot better if you read it in the voice of the narrator in the jojo anime.

Since I don't watch JoJo I got Morgan Freeman °-°)

joined Jul 19, 2019

I like this chapter

To reply you must either login or sign up.