Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Wait, did Adachi... with a boomerang?

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Godamn! That certainly was worthy of the name, "earnest boobs" lol, what truthly gave whiplash was how one hand you have Shima thinking of many things, herself, school, Adachi, their relationship, Adachi's thights getting full marks as a pillow and then you have Adachi on her chapter ^^;;

I am kinda surprised actually, I was hopping there would be more reaction from Shima about Adachi's "number 1 friend", hmm.

Thank you a lot for translating and sharing this, sneikkimies!

last edited at Aug 9, 2019 1:56PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Wait, did Adachi... with a boomerang?

Haha, no. She covets it as a precious treasure. She seemed to feel obligated to respond in kind when Shimamura spoke about how tasty the gifted tea was, so told a little white lie about how she'd been playing with the boomerang--but not in the way you're thinking.

Adachi is certainly on her way down the proverbial rabbit hole of gay, but I highly doubt, given her reaction to just thinking about boobs, that she has used her precious boomerang as a schlicking device.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

AHHH this is the thing I refused to read cos, manga site, but now they have manga! lol, well I did read a lot..it's okish but I hope it gets gay in the manga and novels soon so we can watch this story unfold properly. I like manga's Adachi much better too, not that anyone asked but I already wrote it :v

last edited at Aug 9, 2019 2:30PM

0013%20-%20copy
joined Feb 8, 2019

Finally we've reached the end of volume 2. Always thanks for your translation. 2 lastest chapter suprisingly cute. Good for Adachi that Shimamura also think her as "No1 friend". I love the part the last chapter when Adachi is gay so much that she can undresses Shimamura just by imagining. Love these two, always fun to read.

joined Aug 9, 2019

Strange Adachi? Geez, more like Horny Adachi.

Anyway, these two chapters mark the end of the second volume. I'm already working on the third one, and the first chapter of that will hopefully be out in a week or two. Releases will get a bit less frequent after that though since the second and especially the third chapters are super long.

As a side note, the school year in Japan is split into three trimesters, with the first one starting in April as mentioned in chapter 7. A lot of the stuff they talk about makes way more sense when you know that Read more, if you want: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_term#Japan

Thanks for translating this light novel series! Really enjoying it.

A question on getting light novels, if it’s okay - where is a good place to find them (in Japanese), and are there any publishers/authors(etc to watch out for for yuri? I went to Japan a few months back and had no trouble finding manga in places like Book Off, but the Book Off I went to a couple of times (near Akiba station I think) only had a tiny light novel section and not knowing any LN yuri publishers, authors or novels meant that it was not exactly easy to navigate! Also went to Nakano for the second hand book shops there but that was also pretty tricky for similar reasons. Would be quite happy with ebooks too, just means the extra step of getting my Amazon JP account sorted out completely etc. Thanks!

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

A question on getting light novels, if it’s okay - where is a good place to find them (in Japanese), and are there any publishers/authors(etc to watch out for for yuri? I went to Japan a few months back and had no trouble finding manga in places like Book Off, but the Book Off I went to a couple of times (near Akiba station I think) only had a tiny light novel section and not knowing any LN yuri publishers, authors or novels meant that it was not exactly easy to navigate! Also went to Nakano for the second hand book shops there but that was also pretty tricky for similar reasons. Would be quite happy with ebooks too, just means the extra step of getting my Amazon JP account sorted out completely etc. Thanks!

You should have tried to find it in Animate. There was one big store too in Akihabara. They have corners for both BL and GL mangas and LNs

last edited at Aug 9, 2019 5:18PM

Okami Uploader
joined Aug 1, 2013

You should have tried to find it in Animate. There was one big store too in Akihabara. They have corners for both BL and GL mangas and LNs

Can confirm Animate is a good place to find the novel. Went to Japan about a month ago and found the whole LN series on display in its own section in the Animate near Ikebukero station

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

The afterword mentioning the author's parents made me think of this.

joined Oct 5, 2016

I have to say, the way Shimamura's mind wanders during her conversations with Adachi kinda bug me a little, from a writing standpoint.

Like obv Shimamura's half clueless and half hella in denial, but usually you still get a pretty good sense that yes, she's interested in Adachi, she's just afraid of where her thoughts will take her if she thinks about it too much, so she avoids the topic.

But then like with this chapter she just seems, like, genuinely uninterested? Or at least genuinely super clueless. Which just kinda makes her seem uncaring, when we know how obsessed Adachi is over her.

Don't get me wrong, super looking forward to seeing that development, but I hope the author realizes they need to step up the Shimamura side of things.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Don't recall if I've said it in here before and I'm too lazy to go look, but it seems to me that Shimamura was probably teased or had some other sort of social meanness done to her, maybe had a good friend turn on her or something, so her reaction was to basically pull back and become a social hermit. I think that was the point of her little backstory about how she was an outgoing and friendly kid; something happened in middle school that made her decide people suck and aren't worth the effort and she did a total 180.

Think that's why she comes over as so disengaged with Adachi, but still has the internal struggle about how to approach Adachi without making their relationship anything more than superficial. Of course she's failing at that, but at a much slower rate than Adachi the Super Gay. More or less, I don't think it's so much that she's apathetic as much as she's trying way too hard to keep Adachi at arm's length--and is failing super hard under the weight of just how adorably dorky and straightforward Adachi is about wanting to be closer.

joined Jan 25, 2017

Yeah. I like what they've set up with Shimamura a whole lot, I just hope we start getting some more concrete development on her end soon-ish. I feel like the story's approaching the point where it'll have gotten as much as it can out of Adachi being the only one who's at all conscious of what these feelings are.

Speaking of: Good lord Adachi. She's legit going to explode at some point.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Fellas, is it gay to fantasize about your gal pal's boobs?

Okami Uploader
joined Aug 1, 2013

Fellas, is it gay to fantasize about your gal pal's boobs?

Only if you also fantasize about putting your face in them

last edited at Aug 9, 2019 9:18PM

Img_20190418_023052-min
joined Mar 16, 2019

Dang! Adachi isn't even at tier 1, which is smooching, yet she already fantasies about tier 5, which is exploring parts of Shimamura's body. She's gotta slow down just a tad, I'd say.

joined Aug 9, 2019

Thanks @shojie07 and @Okami! Will check out when I’m next there late this year. Any suggestions for second hand book shops? Also, any suggestions for authors/serieses to check out (or places/websites to find out such things)? This LN is the only one I’ve read and I don’t know of any other series to check out, and while I can read Japanese it’s not quickly!

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

stand back, these are winter boobs!

joined Sep 2, 2018

stand back, these are winter boobs!

I appreciate this joke way too much to not reply.

Also, as some have said, the pacing of this book kind of bugs me. It often feels like the author is trying to reach a word count, stretching scenes into paragraphs or repeating the obvious.
But that aside, I'm super eager to see how things will go when Shima catches on to - wait, that's the end of the book? Is there more?

last edited at Aug 10, 2019 5:37PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I wonder if the "stretching scenes or repeating the obvious" is just a result of things being lost in translation, so to speak?

This was the end of volume 2. As far as I am aware, volume 8 is where the series stands right now, and is still going.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Don't recall if I've said it in here before and I'm too lazy to go look, but it seems to me that Shimamura was probably teased or had some other sort of social meanness done to her, maybe had a good friend turn on her or something, so her reaction was to basically pull back and become a social hermit. I think that was the point of her little backstory about how she was an outgoing and friendly kid; something happened in middle school that made her decide people suck and aren't worth the effort and she did a total 180.

Think that's why she comes over as so disengaged with Adachi, but still has the internal struggle about how to approach Adachi without making their relationship anything more than superficial. Of course she's failing at that, but at a much slower rate than Adachi the Super Gay. More or less, I don't think it's so much that she's apathetic as much as she's trying way too hard to keep Adachi at arm's length--and is failing super hard under the weight of just how adorably dorky and straightforward Adachi is about wanting to be closer.

Speaking about laziness. I've been meaning to point out how many times Shima mentioned something about "pain" and very early on something about finding out friendships not turning out to be as deep as you though but I can't remember in detail and yeah. I always wondered if there was going to be more detail on those points. but. I literally need to be asleep as of an hour ago.

Thank you translators. This story is great.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Well, the "pain" she's referring to is more "what a pain in the ass, this is bothersome" not "ow ow ow". Though I have no doubt she's dealt with something pretty legit emotionally painful at some point.

(Also: I am not a translator. I just fix any typos n' grammar/syntax after Sneikk does all the hard work :) )

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Thanks for translating this Sneikk, looking forward to more of this series. I've never heard of someone not wanting to see boobs but would really like to touch them quite like the way Adachi put it, but to each their own I guess. Shima is a hard nut to crack when it comes to understanding her feelings, but I hope she can become as half as gay as Adachi is.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

For whoever cares, Sumakin is Erio Touwa from the author's series Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko and Meme Touwa is her mother

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

The first chapter of the third volume will be here shortly, so here's a couple of words regarding it:

-PDF/EPUB version: https://mega.nz/#F!Y4U3RKDY!Degyv3ptBiPOtBlf4pWzbQ

-The chapter names this time are references to Final Fantasy: Unlimited. They are as follows:

Pick a Chocolate Fitting of Me = The soil charge triad to use on you has been decided!
Radiance That Reaches For the Sun: Heliotrope = The origin of all things, Mother Black!
Thorns That Weave the Past: Old Rose = A heat that will scorch all creation, Fire Red!
And Then, Love That Embraces the Holy Mother: Marigold = The critical point of everything, Burning Gold!
Sakura - When the Prayers Shine- = Kaze: The Glory of Life

So yeah. They switched the colors to flowers, and that show's MC's name to one of the character's name.

-Please, don't think too much about the line "A picture formed in my mind: Adachi, as my ****". It likely doesn't have the same implications as the Japanese line, which was incredibly difficult to decipher with a keyword blanked out.

-The next chapter is twice as long as this one, so it will take a bit longer.

-The images on pages 2 and 5 were spreads in the physical book. Rotating them messes with the composition (mainly placing Adachi above Shimamura even though it was meant to be the opposite), so be aware, I guess.

last edited at Aug 21, 2019 11:24PM

joined Oct 5, 2016

Man Shimamura's like the world champion of realizing what Adachi means, what the very gay connotations of that are, and then veering hard into HAHA NO JUST KIDDING WE'RE JUST FRIENDS THO!!! Like, goddamn. And yet she still soooorta acknowledges it?

Also poor Adachi seems like she's thinking this is finally like becoming official, all while Shimamura is busy not thinking about exactly that.

I hope this'll be the book where Shimamura finally starts getting a clue, because right now our poor girl Adachi is just doin' all the damn work here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.