Forum › Posts by Fneb

joined Aug 9, 2019

… all her current(?) girlfriends at the wedding made that pretty clear.

Just to clear this up too - the raws are much clearer that they are not former girlfriends but current girlfriends - emphasis in the original too.

last edited at Feb 23, 2023 6:03PM

joined Aug 9, 2019

For anyone who is like “maybe Kaede didn’t actually kiss Nanami?”, can confirm from later on in the manga that it was indeed a kiss. Looking forward to the final volume being translated! Found some of the reading quite hard (ーー;)

last edited at Feb 23, 2023 1:14PM

joined Aug 9, 2019

Oh Let's see how dumb Kaede is and see how she reacts to this one! Hopefully it's actual progress and not her glossing over it like "yeah yeah I love you too!" but not realize what she even means.

I’ve used the recent return of this manga to start reading the Japanese copies on my bookshelf again - it’s quite hard reading so I stalled for a while. So I’ve just started volume 7, a bit ahead of the scanlations… so, spoilers: it’s exactly as you say, Kaede’s outward reaction is “I love you too!” - this isn’t a big immediate tipping point, as it were!

Really enjoying this series and so glad to see it being scanlated again on the regular. Thank you!

out of curiosity, which did nanami say in the japanese version, dai suki or aishiteru?

Just “suki” - “好き”. While I would personally typically translate that as “like” not “love”, with all the build-up and the double-page spread etc. I think “love” is more appropriate here. I had many happy gay feelings at it.

last edited at Jan 19, 2023 9:42AM

joined Aug 9, 2019

Oh Let's see how dumb Kaede is and see how she reacts to this one! Hopefully it's actual progress and not her glossing over it like "yeah yeah I love you too!" but not realize what she even means.

I’ve used the recent return of this manga to start reading the Japanese copies on my bookshelf again - it’s quite hard reading so I stalled for a while. So I’ve just started volume 7, a bit ahead of the scanlations… so, spoilers: it’s exactly as you say, Kaede’s outward reaction is “I love you too!” - this isn’t a big immediate tipping point, as it were!

Really enjoying this series and so glad to see it being scanlated again on the regular. Thank you!

joined Aug 9, 2019

In Japan, 20 is the age of turning into an adult, both traditionally and legally in many cases. There’s a “coming of age day” - 成人の日 - which is for celebrating those who have turned 20 in the last year. Many legal provisions relate to being 20. The voting age used to be 20 until very recently where it got lowered to 18, and I believe drinking is still only allowed at 20. Probably other things, too.

The age of consent varies by prefecture, but I believe the latest age is 18. It’s not tied to the above “becoming an adult”.

So basically - society still views Nakajima as a kid because she’s not 20 yet. But sexual-consent wise they’d be legally okay to get dirty. Which is good because, y’know, their current situation would be grooming otherwise.

joined Aug 9, 2019

Loving this series so much. I’ve actually got all 8 volumes on my bookshelf, and it’s just serving as a reminder of how much further I have to go with learning Japanese. I could make a good effort but it would leave me mentally exhausted. But with how lovely this story is, it’s still very tempting to do so. Big kudos to the translation team for this, very much appreciating the work you’re putting in.

While I did fail at comfortably reading volume 7, I did sneak a peek at the art and there are some adorable pictures in there. Looking forward to seeing this story develop!

joined Aug 9, 2019

Thanks @shojie07 and @Okami! Will check out when I’m next there late this year. Any suggestions for second hand book shops? Also, any suggestions for authors/serieses to check out (or places/websites to find out such things)? This LN is the only one I’ve read and I don’t know of any other series to check out, and while I can read Japanese it’s not quickly!

joined Aug 9, 2019

Strange Adachi? Geez, more like Horny Adachi.

Anyway, these two chapters mark the end of the second volume. I'm already working on the third one, and the first chapter of that will hopefully be out in a week or two. Releases will get a bit less frequent after that though since the second and especially the third chapters are super long.

As a side note, the school year in Japan is split into three trimesters, with the first one starting in April as mentioned in chapter 7. A lot of the stuff they talk about makes way more sense when you know that Read more, if you want: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_term#Japan

Thanks for translating this light novel series! Really enjoying it.

A question on getting light novels, if it’s okay - where is a good place to find them (in Japanese), and are there any publishers/authors(etc to watch out for for yuri? I went to Japan a few months back and had no trouble finding manga in places like Book Off, but the Book Off I went to a couple of times (near Akiba station I think) only had a tiny light novel section and not knowing any LN yuri publishers, authors or novels meant that it was not exactly easy to navigate! Also went to Nakano for the second hand book shops there but that was also pretty tricky for similar reasons. Would be quite happy with ebooks too, just means the extra step of getting my Amazon JP account sorted out completely etc. Thanks!