Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

^ This is an extremely weird take on personal responsibility—Uta is doing what by most reasonable standards she should have done long ago: taking herself out of an emotionally painful, no-win situation and trying to move on with her life.

Rather than “running away” from a problem that she has the power to resolve, Uta is making a mature choice—one that is considerably more mature than many of the choices made by the supposed “adults” in the story.

Having confessed and been rejected, Uta has no responsibility to ensure that “Kaoru will be ok.” If anyone has that responsibility, it’s her husband—lol.

Yeah but to the point of not seeing her again is a bit excessive to me. That she want to live with her is one thing i can understand, that she don't want to see her again is another that i can't. She think that it's ok between her brother and Kaoru when it's not. I know it's behind her knowledge but still. But the husband already told Uta to get along with Kaoru because they seem distant but why they're distant is behind what he know.He just know they have some fight and the only thing he can do is trying to get thel going along.

The whole problem here is that everybody hide something to the others and the whole situation can't be resolved without one of them finding the secret. What Uta have done could have been good if we know that Kaoru will be happy with that but she have to deal with her husband's cheating and her sister in law who she still appreciate is leaving.

Yes Kaoru not dealing with the cheating is a bad move but i'm supossing it will have be no good to have Uta still here when she learn it because Kaoru couldn't have been lonely if Uta was still here so her leaving is needed in order to bring Kaoru back to reality. The one she love don't love her anymore and she reject the one she love her. I still maintain that the next big thing happening beside Kaoru finally learning about cheating is her suicide attempt after that.

I think it will go like this ( don't quote me on that) :

• Kaoru learn about her husband cheating either by confront him and or seeing him with his mistress.

• Kaoru is devasted and became depressed

• Uta seem to going fine with her family but still miss Kaoru (uncertain part here)

• Kaoru attemp suicide because she don't have a family anymore and fail (hopefully or either Tmnr have big balls)

• Uta learn about the suicide and the cheating. Despite saying to Korue she wasn't coming back seeing Kaoru, she does come back.

After that it's everybody guess.Can't be sure Kaoru will all of sudden accept Uta's feeling, neither Uta still having feelings. But with the pathing we had, it maybe not happening before next year.

While Lilliwyt's claim of Uta "running away" is weirdly put

Yeah, as you can have guess writing is not really my forte and english is not my mother tongue so it can be possible i made mistakes in my choice of world.

last edited at Jul 25, 2019 11:01AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

While Lilliwyt's claim of Uta "running away" is weirdly put

Yeah, as you can have guess writing is not really my forte and english is not my mother tongue so it can be possible i made mistakes in my choice of world.

I think your biggest mistake actually is to jump to suicide. There is absolutely no hint for Kaoru having any suicidal tendencies. Quite the opposite, she will ignore problems or retreat into her little bubble. I don't know why you think that is a good idea either, even hoping for it. That's a terribly contrived solution.

There is not even any way to predict how Reiichi will react or what will happen if she really does confront him. Everyone seems to already assume somehow that he will leave her or ignore her.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BugDevil posted:

There is not even any way to predict how Reiichi will react or what will happen if she really does confront him. Everyone seems to already assume somehow that he will leave her or ignore her.

And he actually did want to confront Kaoru over it when beans were spilled, but because she pretended to not remember, he used that opportunity and was avoiding topic ever since.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Dont make me disagree with you...
While Lilliwyt's claim of Uta "running away" is weirdly put, I think you are also looking at the situation too one-sidedly. Accepting the rejection and trying to get herself out of the emotionally painful situation are obviously the mature and optimal choices, but the way Uta goes about it is not. Running towards her monster-mom will hurt her more. Abandoning Kaoru will hurt her as well.

This is very unlike you to say things like "She doesnt owe her lol". First of all whether Kaoru rejects her feelings or not, they are family and Uta deeply cares about Kaoru. Her brother and Kaoru have been taking care of her for a long time and pretending that she would have no sense of responsibility for them is straight up callous.

My comments were focused on the issue of Uta’s supposed “running away,” though. Of course being away from Kaoru will be painful for Uta, and of course she will still have a continuing emotional investment in Kaoru’s well-being.

But she’s a kid, and these are all supposed to be the grown-ups. Uta doesn’t know the full situation with Reiichi (unless Betrayer Friend spills the beans in the upcoming chapter) and even if she did, what power does she have to rectify the situation except “being there” for Kaoru when the shit hits the fan (assuming it does)?

People seem to have internalized the fact that the adults in the story are all completely useless and dysfunctional, and therefore it becomes incumbent on a high-school student to try to hold things together.

Uta’s marking time until she can be completely on her own, and she has two bad choices—putting up with her overbearing mom, or maintaining an extremely emotionally painful and inherently awkward status quo with Kaoru. Again, in real-world terms she’s making a reasonable, albeit difficult, choice, and not abrogating any responsibility that she has any reason to be aware of.

last edited at Jul 25, 2019 11:26AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

BugDevil posted:

And he actually did want to confront Kaoru over it when beans were spilled, but because she pretended to not remember, he used that opportunity and was avoiding topic ever since.

Whatever the circumstances may truly be (its funny how we still have no actual confirmation that he cheated), one thing we do know is that Reiichi genuinly cares for Kaoru. When she pretended to have lost her memory that was a convenient escape route for him, because confronting the situation would hurt her.

Reiichi went a long way for Kaoru, but he is also painfully passive. I would definitely not believe that he would ever abandon her or let her knowingly suffer. She is a good actress and he is not exactly the passionate woman whisperer.

The only way for them to get split up is if Kaoru actively pushes him away.

last edited at Jul 25, 2019 11:30AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I think your biggest mistake actually is to jump to suicide. There is absolutely no hint for Kaoru having any suicidal tendencies.

I know but honestly if the endgame is really Uta X Kaoru, i don't really think the cheating will be enough to bring back Uta to rethink her position. It's quite the big leap but if Tmnr have some balls, we can get to that. I can't call myself at all a expert in suicide but iirc some peoples don't show suicidal tendencies before doing it.

I think that's the biggest flow in my plan of events. It's pretty sure Reiichi will deny it unless he have really plan to break with Kaoru which i don't really think it's possible right now. What i think will happen is that Kaoru will ask someone of Reiichi's company about Reiichi supossing going overseas and will try to corner him to get the turth.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Of course being away from Kaoru will be painful for Uta, and of course she will still have a continuing emotional investment in Kaoru’s well-being.

If that is so and she actually cared she should be aware that Kaoru's situation is far from alright. She is so focused on getting away that she isn't paying attention. Maybe that's closer to what one might consider "running away" in this context.

I know but honestly if the endgame is really Uta X Kaoru, i don't really think the cheating will be enough to bring back Uta to rethink her position. It's quite the big leap but if Tmnr have some balls, we can get to that. I can't call myself at all a expert in suicide but iirc some peoples don't show suicidal tendencies before doing it.

I've been saying that probably since the beginning, but whoever decided Uta x Kaoru is endgame? I don't see any happy end as of now, only lesser evils. And a suicide attempt is not a way to get anything stable going.

I think that's the biggest flow in my plan of events. It's pretty sure Reiichi will deny it unless he have really plan to break with Kaoru which i don't really think it's possible right now. What i think will happen is that Kaoru will ask someone of Reiichi's company about Reiichi supossing going overseas and will try to corner him to get the turth.

I'm going further here, even if there is undeniable proof of him cheating (which we cannot be sure of) Reiichi would not abandon Kaoru. This marriage is not based on pure love, but mostly on Reiichi not wanting to abandon Kaoru.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I've been saying that probably since the beginning, but whoever decided Uta x Kaoru is endgame? I don't see any happy end as of now, only lesser evils. And a suicide attempt is not a way to get anything stable going.

That's why i use an If it's this endgame. I'm not sure myself if tmnr will choose this endgame even if i personnallyn see this as the "best" happy end we can have. Uta can probably rebound for that but i don't see how Kaoru will rebound at all unless we have someone coming for her, was it a girl or a boy. Also i don't say Kaoru will attempt suicide for trying to bring back Uta to her but she will attempt because she will be at wit's end.

Reiichi went a long way for Kaoru, but he is also painfully passive. I would definitely not believe that he would ever abandon her or let her knowingly suffer.

Then why cheat on her ? You know your wife has no family and you marry her because you don't want her to be alone. Cheat on her is the last thing you want to do because you know it will hurt her the most. Not only the one she love marry her by what you can call pity but he also cheat on you and hide it. What kind of good this relation can have ? Said like this it feel like a one sided love.

I'm going further here, even if there is undeniable proof of him cheating (which we cannot be sure of) Reiichi would not abandon Kaoru. This marriage is not based on pure love, but mostly on Reiichi not wanting to abandon Kaoru.

If Kaoru decide to forgive him for that than i will drop the manga or at least not care anymore of what happen to Kaoru. If you choose to still love someone who cheat on you and only marry you out of pity then go ahead but don't blame anyone for getting hurt.

last edited at Jul 25, 2019 12:07PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Also i don't say Kaoru will attempt suicide for trying to bring back Uta to her but she will attempt because she will be at wit's end.

I'm saying the plot device does not lead to anything stable. Not that Kaoru would do it for that reason.

Then why cheat on her ? You know your wife has no family and you marry her because you don't want her to be alone. Cheat on her is the last thing you want to do because you know it will hurt her the most. Not only the one she love marry her by what you can call pity but he also cheat on you and hide it. What kind of good this relation can have ? Said like this it feel like a one sided love.

That's why cheating is done behind the spouses back so they won't find out. There are many reasons to cheat and there are far worse things he could do. Nothing you say really contradicts me here.

If Kaoru decide to forgive him for that than i will drop the manga or at least not care anymore of what happen to Kaoru. If you choose to still love someone who cheat on you and only marry you out of pity then go ahead but don't blame anyone for getting hurt.

Meh, that's your right. The situation is not black and white and cannot be treated that way.

last edited at Jul 25, 2019 12:28PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So like i said after seeing the raws, nothing interesting happened. I don't care that much about those twos to be happy for them. At least there will be one happy couple in this story in the end.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I don't get why people don't like a side couple, the development of people around the main character also develops the main character...

Most of the time is because i can't stand the side couple going further than where the MC are. Sometime like in Futarabeya i end bear with it because i've seen the light but here where it's a slowburn, a chapter not focus on MCs is potentially a chapter where the story don't move and it's kinda true with this chapter.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

This whole "side pairings snore" thing reminds me of Kiss and a White Lily. I stopped reading that series because the side pairings made me genuinely forget that there was even a main pairing. It's not that the side pairings were bad, but the main pairing was so unique that it just felt like a step down. I want to go back and catch up on the series, but I honestly can't remember a lot of shit that happens.

This, on the other hand, has one (1) side pairing instead of ten and that one side pairing is more involved with the main character than in Kiss and a White Lily. This is personal opinion, but I also think the side pairing here is unique and interesting in its own right. It's sort of like a less-complex Bloom Into You scenario and I really like the girls involved. They're dynamic and rub together like oil and water, and are both involved in Uta's life. I think this is a lot better than Kiss and a White Lily and I actually really enjoyed this chapter.

Also it kinda feels like eye of the storm kinda thing? This is a moment of respite and very little "main Uta plot" relevance before everything comes crashing down. Based on the ending of the chapter, I assume it's about to get very dramatic very fast.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

This is personal opinion, but I also think the side pairing here is unique and interesting in its own right.

Kuroe is just a high level Tsundere who can't even thought she can be in love. I don't really like Kuroe so i don't really care about her couple but whatever, ifshe is happy like that.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I waited 3 months for a side pairing chapter... thanks author-san, thanks
Also I don't know why but the side pairing just rubs me the wrong way, I can't seem to really get into their story no matter what

I just want development in the main story, is that too much to ask for?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Frank reactions like Kuro's are so refreshing.

I guess the mysterious woman was Madam Maybe-I-Cheated-with-your-bro. Anything could happen. Or nothing.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think jumping to suicide is a huge leap.

No pun intended, I hope.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

That "Trump Tower will crumble" translation though.
For clarifcation, the proper context is likely that Uta is building a tower out of playing cards (ie. trumps) and the constant vibrations from Kuro's text notifications are threatening to knock it over.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Frank reactions like Kuro's are so refreshing.

I guess the mysterious woman was Madam Maybe-I-Cheated-with-your-bro. Anything could happen. Or nothing.

Well yes but no. I can't read japanese so i can't understand what they talking about but i think it's mostly about Kaoru also last page of chap 25 for more fun https://i.imgur.com/8YAVjqX.jpg and a shot where something big has been drop https://i.imgur.com/zt3WvpW.jpg

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Her mom?

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

This is personal opinion, but I also think the side pairing here is unique and interesting in its own right.

Kuroe is just a high level Tsundere who can't even thought she can be in love. I don't really like Kuroe so i don't really care about her couple but whatever, ifshe is happy like that.

Kuro is a treasure, get out of here!!!!!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Kuro is a treasure, get out of here!!!!!

She is just a brat to me but that's my personal opinion.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The comparison of this with A Kiss and a White Lily is of very limited application, in my opinion. That series had a very unusual strategy from the very beginning of being structured around many different couples, with (including the “Little Theatre” groups) an enormous cast of characters, with the main couple as a center of gravity.

This one, whether you like the side characters or not, or whether you think the side characters cohere with the main themes and plot or not, works like two parallel manga within one series, one an angsty forbidden-love family drama, the other a mostly slice-of-life yuri manga, with not quite enough punchlines for a 4-koma and not enough focused plot for a romance.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I think jumping to suicide is a huge leap.

No pun intended, I hope.

I hope you won't punish me if it was intended.

last edited at Jul 25, 2019 2:45PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Trump tower will crumble from the trembles

If I was Kuro, I would've replied:

Well, it better does crumble.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Chapter 25 summary:

Risako and Uta’s conversation... goes nowhere. Like many people have guessed, it’s confirmed here that Risako is Reiichi’s ex. Nothing about the cheating gets revealed, and their small talk is cut short by Uta, who says she needs to prepare for her move. Some unimportant farewell party takes place and then at the end, as Uta says goodbye to Kaoru. the latter subconsciously reaches out and holds Uta back, but Uta pulls herself out of Kaoru’s grasp and leaves.

To reply you must either login or sign up.