Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

^it hasn't been confirmed that he's cheating tho

He’s always liked that other woman when they were in high school, and they have as shown do keep in touch. And his lying to her and inability to tell Kaoru exactly why he was with her is proof enough that he has lingering feelings for that other woman, << or >> doesn’t want to let Kaoru know he’s meeting her for some reason. It’s true that he was lying and was to a degree being unfaithful. Cheating or not, not communicating with your spouse is unhealthy imo.

last edited at May 2, 2019 3:39PM

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

its incredible how the author managed to make 3 couples with an amount of 0 chemistry EVEN the supposedly yuri ones. kuroe gives clearly aroace vibes, her relationship with miyabi is just depressing bc she shows no sign of romantic feelings AND 90% of their interactions is miyabi cleaning/making stuff for her.

The title of the series pretty much confirms the slow pace lol

matsuri_wins
4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

The author is likely not even into women, the only sex and kiss scenes we have seen were het. Depressing.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ How do you explain all the Eli x Umi doujins the author of this made (granted, I haven't read them, but still)

last edited at May 2, 2019 5:52PM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I would say basic logic dictates that whenever the author is really into drawing females making out, it is very likely they are into women (no matter if the author is male or female).

And whenever the author shows a realistic depiction of romantic relationships between women (rarely the case in yuri manga btw), it is extremely likely the author is a woman who is into women.

Since this manga has neither...

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

^ How do you explain all the Eli x Umi doujins the author of this made (granted, I haven't read them, but still)

Good point actually. Maybe they are into women, but not into this story anymore.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I would say basic logic dictates

I will have to stop ya there. We know your logic doesn't exactly have the most... logical basis.

Good point actually. Maybe they are into women, but not into this story anymore.

And here is the best example. You made a ridiculous assumption and immediately flip-flopped at the tiniest shred of counter-evidence. Doc is right, gender and sexual orientation are irrelevant to how someone portrays a story. They can be an influence, but do not dictate the author's actual views and even less their own situation.

Someone who has never held a gun in their life can still accuaretely describe how it works.

last edited at May 3, 2019 9:45AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Following that line, you don't need to be at a field of battle do describe how the battle went. I used this example exactly because I'm a history buff.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I will have to stop ya there. We know your logic doesn't exactly have the most... logical basis.

And here is the best example. You made a ridiculous assumption and immediately flip-flopped at the tiniest shred of counter-evidence. Doc is right, gender and sexual orientation are irrelevant to how someone portrays a story. They can be an influence, but do not dictate the author's actual views and even less their own situation.

Someone who has never held a gun in their life can still accuaretely describe how it works.

Something can have entertainment value without being realistic . In practice, in order to accurately portray something to the extent that others who have lived through it would resonate with it intensely, it’s either: a common experience, or if not a common experience, then yes you must have lived it. Most portrayals of war, for example, are not actually accurate neither in movies nor novels. The audience would think they are, since they have no basis of comparison, and they are certainly entertaining. But they are not accurate.

So, I am a lesbian. I personally don’t find the portrayal of romance in the vast majority of Yuri manga accurate at all. It’s fun, but not accurate. It’s like a unidimensional View of what it’s actually like, which I suppose is good enough.

My argument is simply that considering how bad this story is in terms of showing emotions between females, it’s almost like the author either has no knowledge of it or as I then suggested, is no longer interested in the story.

last edited at May 3, 2019 9:56PM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Ad hominem attack alert!

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Hmm, that cliff hanger though...

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Something can have entertainment value without being realistic . In practice, in order to accurately portray something to the extent that others who have lived through it would resonate with it intensely, it’s either: a common experience, or if not a common experience, then yes you must have lived it. Most portrayals of war, for example, are not actually accurate neither in movies nor novels. The audience would think they are, since they have no basis of comparison, and they are certainly entertaining. But they are not accurate.

So, I am a lesbian. I personally don’t find the portrayal of romance in the vast majority of Yuri manga accurate at all. It’s fun, but not accurate. It’s like a unidimensional View of what it’s actually like, which I suppose is good enough.

My argument is simply that considering how bad this story is in terms of showing emotions between females, it’s almost like the author either has no knowledge of it or as I then suggested, is no longer interested in the story.

Research exists for a reason. There are writers who can write extensive novels about World War 2... about 60 years later and it still resonates with veterans from that war. Well documented things can easily be replicated merely from studying them and simply putting yourself into that situation. Extraordinary things can be replicated by putting a lot of thought and empathy into it to really understand what it is about.
Not like love for or between women is anything extraordinary... even a gay man could write it believably without much trouble.

It's actually quite funny, because you project your own experiences as the status quo. Being a lesbian does not make you an expert on lesbian relationships, only your own. Who are you to claim that these dynamics do not exist in real life? lol

Or the much more likely case, the author simply has a different style of portraying said emotions. There are plenty of people like Uta or Kaoru in this world.

Ad hominem attack alert!

It was a joke. Although it still was true to what you actually wrote. I mean... c'mon. You made a claim on the author's sexuality with exactly zero research just because you don't find their portrayal of women realistic. That's as far from logic as you are from the moon.

last edited at May 4, 2019 3:40AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

That's as far from logic as you are from the moon.

I'd like to report a murder. xD

last edited at May 4, 2019 1:27PM

Brain Damage
joined Dec 18, 2018

It's good that she has left his garbage ,hopefully she won't attempt to get it back anymore.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Research exists for a reason. There are writers who can write extensive novels about World War 2... about 60 years later and it still resonates with veterans from that war. Well documented things can easily be replicated merely from studying them and simply putting yourself into that situation. Extraordinary things can be replicated by putting a lot of thought and empathy into it to really understand what it is about.
Not like love for or between women is anything extraordinary... even a gay man could write it believably without much trouble.

It's actually quite funny, because you project your own experiences as the status quo. Being a lesbian does not make you an expert on lesbian relationships, only your own. Who are you to claim that these dynamics do not exist in real life? lol

Or the much more likely case, the author simply has a different style of portraying said emotions. There are plenty of people like Uta or Kaoru in this world.

You have a hard time differentiating “possibilities” from “probabilities”. Notice how I said “most portrayals of war”. Notice how I use words like “likely”, “unlikely” etc. I have no doubt that out of all possible authors, there will be authors who are able to write so well about real events or the lives of specific groups of people or even specific people, that those who personally lived them or are part of those groups etc would say it’s accurate. But it’s a tiny minority. In the vast majority of cases, something is entertaining or touching but is not an accurate depiction of the actual situation. That’s the case with most Yuri manga.

It’s not the first time that people on this website seem to confuse what is “possible in theory”, with what is “likely in practice”. I find that fascinating.

Ad hominem attack alert!

It was a joke. Although it still was true to what you actually wrote. I mean... c'mon. You made a claim on the author's sexuality with exactly zero research just because you don't find their portrayal of women realistic. That's as far from logic as you are from the moon.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

You have a hard time differentiating “possibilities” from “probabilities”. Notice how I said “most portrayals of war”. Notice how I use words like “likely”, “unlikely” etc. I have no doubt that out of all possible authors, there will be authors who are able to write so well about real events or the lives of specific groups of people or even specific people, that those who personally lived them or are part of those groups etc would say it’s accurate. But it’s a tiny minority. In the vast majority of cases, something is entertaining or touching but is not an accurate depiction of the actual situation. That’s the case with most Yuri manga.

It’s not the first time that people on this website seem to confuse what is “possible in theory”, with what is “likely in practice”. I find that fascinating.

Well, that was not your claim however. Even a lesbian who knows exactly what being a lesbian is like might suck at writing or completely ignore realism. It's actually even very likely.
Instead you make the rather unlikely assumption that the person in question is not into women because... I don't know. Your argument makes little sense, because it should support that this is not the case actually. If you think most yuri manga is not realistic, but the fact is that most yuri manga is written by women and even more often by lesbians... then you are basically saying that this author is following convention and can't make any assumption about their sexuality.

I wanna get off this ride already, I don't think it's healthy to make that many turns per second.

last edited at May 5, 2019 10:55AM

Looking East
45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

its incredible how the author managed to make 3 couples with an amount of 0 chemistry EVEN the supposedly yuri ones. kuroe gives clearly aroace vibes, her relationship with miyabi is just depressing bc she shows no sign of romantic feelings AND 90% of their interactions is miyabi cleaning/making stuff for her.

I would say all of the "couples" in this series have some sort of interesting chemistry going on, it just isn't the smooth, lovey dovey flawless pure romance type of chemistry normally depicted in shoujo romances.

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

I would say basic logic dictates that whenever the author is really into drawing females making out, it is very likely they are into women (no matter if the author is male or female).

And whenever the author shows a realistic depiction of romantic relationships between women (rarely the case in yuri manga btw), it is extremely likely the author is a woman who is into women.

Since this manga has neither...

Your logic is flawed. It would be unrealistic if Kaoru and Uta just went at it right away. Right now they are in a difficult position, where Kaoru just confirmed her suspicions, and she is still conflicted on how to handle Uta and Reiji. How in the right mind would she be able to kiss or screw Uta at this point when she just figured things out lol. Makes no sense.

I’d say what’s happening right now is a somewhat realistic depiction of how it would feel being in love with your sibling’s spouse. It’s complicated. Gotta be patient to see what happens.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

this is the most relatable yuri manga since Terminal Lance

miyabi's gotta do what a miyabi's gotta do

hopefully it all ends up okay with them in the end

last edited at May 11, 2019 5:17PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Well, if there's anything I learned from mapping series, it's that hope is the last thing that dies.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I won’t be surprised if Truck-Kim comes for the bro sometime soon.

Yes, Truck-kun’s sister.

last edited at May 13, 2019 4:50PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ C'mon! That again? laughs

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

lol or Truck-Kim will come for the manga itself! The series isn't going to be released this month yet again.

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Has this series been dropped?

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ As far as I know, no. Though, don't take me for my word, since I'm not the most well informed person around here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.