Forum › Magic Can't Buy Cigarettes discussion

Fb_img_1552616031041
joined May 20, 2015

Hahaha hired for to be a 20 old year girl

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Haha oh wow. I bought the anthlogy that featured this short when I went on a trip to Japan, can't believe it's being translated here! Hopefully the TL'ers do the others as well

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Ha. This needs to be a series. :D

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Give me one of those clumps of magic please. I wonder how they taste.

joined Jul 4, 2018

Age-restriction laws be damned

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

like cigarettes

4a8ddad2-e863-4cd8-bf4c-320b6caa080d
joined Sep 19, 2018

like human hearts

Maidens%20of%20michael
joined Oct 2, 2014

Ah, nice Japan, so calm. In my country no one will hand over items to you BEFORE money. Money first, always.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Nobody tell Nanoha and all of hers that professional magical girls can't be over 20 >.>

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

This was adorable, series when??
This mangaka is pumping out top quality lately! Or it's just being translated by a dedicated team? Anyhow it's all terrific stuff.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

That Yumesaki... I can't believe she got caught.

Magical girls gotta do plenty of running, jumping and other athletic activities. She should be very fit! And yet she couldn't outrun a mere saleswoman? Even with a huge head start? How out of shape is she???

I suspect the real reason she got fired had nothing to do with her age.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Nobody tell Nanoha and all of hers that professional magical girls can't be over 20 >.>

They're magical soldiers at that point, though.

lensbiandykely
Capture
joined Jan 13, 2019

Being grown-up is suffering

Chained-kong-5ab9c8a67b959
joined Jul 14, 2019

like human hearts

human hearts r my favorite afterschool snack

straight_yuri
joined Jul 22, 2019

Magical girls gotta do plenty of running, jumping and other athletic activities. She should be very fit! And yet she couldn't outrun a mere saleswoman? Even with a huge head start? How out of shape is she???

Well, she does smoke.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Id sure read this if it was turned into a series :)

The art and design for the magic girl are fantastic btw.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

AMAZING

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Hah, this reminded me of this one hentai doujinshi where a magical girl stayed as such even after she became an adult and got married... with the doujinshi revolving around her ambushing her hubby on the train for a quickie to recharge her mana reserves after a battle against a monster (she used an illusion spell on the people nearby so they won't notice).

Either that, or the saleswoman used to be the best runner around in high school. Plus, you know, Yumesaki appears to have a childlike appearance and thus should have significantly shorter legs (and by proxy, smaller stride).

last edited at Jul 23, 2019 9:15AM

joined Mar 15, 2015

I agree that it should be turned into a series. This has "Chapter 1" vibes to it, setting up the premise for the series and introducing the main couple to each other. In addition to the two leads falling in love, the series could show the ex-magical girl adjusting to her life as a civilian.

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

^ Or trying to figure out how to deal with all those villains holding a grudge against her. She is an easy target now that she is retired.

Mayuri_icon
joined Jun 24, 2015

since nobody's made the obligatory comment...

420 blaze it

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

How do you read 'koide' in this case? Is it just the owners name? or does it mean 'in love' with tobacco?

I just noticed the shop name starts with koi and magic girls name is also 'love' - is there some word play going on?

last edited at Jul 23, 2019 1:20PM

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

This deserves a continuation

joined Jul 8, 2019

Magical Girl Kurumizawa Kururu (age 30) got it worse.
(oneshot by Akira Kojima)

joined Oct 9, 2011

Well, she did say she wasn't allowed to use magic, and enhanced physical abilities is considered part of the whole magic deal.

To reply you must either login or sign up.