Forum › Posts by straight_yuri

straight_yuri
joined Jul 22, 2019

Yeah 18-26 is just all part of the story. I didn't it mind it honestly. I can use some angsty gay once in a while. Something about how salt makes your ice cream taste sweeter.

Yeah, this is the explanation. Notice on pages 25 and 26, they call each other by the names from the story.

Before the last two pages, I had thought Saku calling Kasumi "Sora" was a subtle admittance to Kasumi that she was using their lives as basis for the story, and that Kasumi replying, "Beniko" was her accepting both the situation and Saku's confession.

Was a really nice twist. Not saying this backhandedly at all, I'm glad the tags didn't have "depressing as fuck" and/or "wishful thinking". Really liked this one a lot.

straight_yuri
joined Jul 22, 2019

That Yumesaki... I can't believe she got caught.

Magical girls gotta do plenty of running, jumping and other athletic activities. She should be very fit! And yet she couldn't outrun a mere saleswoman? Even with a huge head start? How out of shape is she???

Well, she does smoke.

straight_yuri
flare discussion 22 Jul 01:42
joined Jul 22, 2019

"Wishful Thinking" was such an absolute spoiler for this. It completely removed any potency from the twist, and a wonderful gut-punch instead became a frustrated read, devoid of any impact. I get tags are for finding things and avoiding others, but this is a bit much, I think.

Can people really not stomach reading a few pages of something that turns potentially unpleasant for them? Does everything in today's society have to have child-proofing and "rounded edges"?

Maybe the site could have an option tied to your account settings, where you can toggle "spoilery tags". So tags on certain works that would ruin an individual story can be hidden for those who don't want to be spoiled over potentially reading something that might not interest them, and not-hidden for those that simply want to avoid whatever might potentially discomfort them? (It would have to be per individual story, but it would be pretty obvious to the uploader what tags would spoil the story.)