Damn she smooth

last edited at Jul 4, 2019 6:01PM

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Sly little kid.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

It was definitely on Mangadex a year ago by a different group. I don't think it got added to Dynasty though, probably cos they couldn't verify the group since it's listed as Unknown. Main difference is that version is a bit more TN heavy.

I don't think we'd be too bummed about adding something that's clearly taken from Danbooru, with no credits to speak of. To be honest, I didn't even notice that one! Oh well, so it goes.

It is interesting how different their version is though...maybe that's the better one? Idk.

last edited at Jul 4, 2019 6:09PM

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

What a nice short comic. I like how the teacher gets flustered so easily by her student.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

11 out of 10

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

You cannot win. You cannot win against the dark skinned lesbian loli.

joined Apr 5, 2015

This is a very cute story. But did bothered anyone else they translated the kanji? Specially because the context of learning Japanese, it is just flat out weird to have her write "moon" instead. It is the worst case of adaptation in which they both translated absolutely everything but also didn't even try to pretend it is a different context and talking about a different language.

The other group did it better, I think. Not only with the kanji, but with leaving the original japanese sentences (plus romaji) in the bubbles during the language lessons, to make it less confusing.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Cuuuute.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

when....they....find my body....they'll wonder....how I...came to have...........granulated sugar.................in my v..e...i...n...s.................... . . .. . .

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

I thought this was uploaded here already?

It was definitely on Mangadex a year ago by a different group. I don't think it got added to Dynasty though, probably cos they couldn't verify the group since it's listed as Unknown. Main difference is that version is a bit more TN heavy.

Thanks for providing that link. I actually prefer that version, because translator notes are vastly more preferable to just straight up localizing the shit out of everything (as shown in this site's version with the replacement of the "moon" kanji with the English word; that just ruined my willing suspension of disbelief and the feeling of immersion).

This is a very cute story. But did bothered anyone else they translated the kanji? Specially because the context of learning Japanese, it is just flat out weird to have her write "moon" instead. It is the worst case of adaptation in which they both translated absolutely everything but also didn't even try to pretend it is a different context and talking about a different language.

The other group did it better, I think. Not only with the kanji, but with leaving the original japanese sentences (plus romaji) in the bubbles during the language lessons, to make it less confusing.

I'm glad I'm not alone. Can we use that version instead?

last edited at Jul 4, 2019 9:54PM

Letty
joined Oct 19, 2017

this was cute

joined Apr 5, 2015

I'm glad I'm not alone. Can we use that version instead?

I am not sure how this sort of thing work but, if possible, yeah, I would agree.

Also, holy shit Marq! Fancy seeing you here! (if you do'nt remember, we know each other from Tvtropes)

joined Nov 2, 2015

As an Asian, I can say the two people in the previous page who was talking about "silly whiteys who don't understand Asians" are stupid (assuming they weren't joking).

First of all, "aishiteru" and "suki" are relatively new expressions in Japanese. Back in Souseki's day, they don't have them. They do have "suki" back then but it was used more in the sense of "I like that candy" rather than "I have romantic love for you". Couples simply do not verbally express their love, otherwise they're seen as crude, unintelligent. "Tsuki ga kirei desu ne" was the accepted way of saying "I love you" because it's indirect, poetic and vague enough for Japanese sensibility back then. Nowadays with globalization, Japanese are becoming more and more open, thus the wider usage of suki in romantic setting as well as the appearance of aishiteru.

Secondly, we Asians shout stuff before chopping a wooden block has nothing to do with hurt or pain. It's a war cry. Do you hipsters not have war cry in your culture? The thing you shout while running towards your enemy to cut them up? It elevates adrenaline level, make us braver and more focused. The Chinese-origin explanation of "directing the chi" was the ancient understanding of this adrenaline manipulation technique. Outside of raising morale and improving focus, secondary benefits include scaring off the enemies (if at war), drawing attention of the audiences (if performing), relieving pain (due to high adrenaline).

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Secondly, we Asians shout stuff before chopping a wooden block has nothing to do with hurt or pain. It's a war cry. Do you hipsters not have war cry in your culture?

Yah we do, we also have sense of humour, which it looks you haven't

^ That's from MAD zine online archive
It's a joke that's easy to make, it just comes natural, I've seen it in movies too

I can't believe you didn't get it when she even finished with the classic buddhist parable words:

And I was enlightened. ¯⧹_( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)_⧸¯

^ at that point you totes should have realized the joking by yourself

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

I literally just read the first page and I'm dying omfg lmao

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

I want to learn how to invite a girl to bed. When will that chapter release?

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I thought for a moment that the teacher was the protagonist from Social Anxiety vs Yuri

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

Got 'em.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

She keeps falling for it too. lol

Damn, this was cute.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Some people here think they know more about Japanese culture than they actually do? On Dynasty? Who woulda thunk it.

Anyway, this is pretty cute. Tricking her into it 3 times is really impressive. Just wish sensei would have realized that she wasn't just teasing lol

joined Apr 6, 2019

You know, I often wondered about Souseki Natsume and his famous answer to the question of how to say "I love you" in Japanese.

[snip]

But now, I think I have finally found the real reason.

Lol. Asians are famous for giving convoluted nonsensical explanations to nosy whiteys who annoy them with dumb questions.

Asking how you say something in a foreign language isn't a dumb question it's literally one of the most basic foundations of human communication.

IIRC in the first Discworld novel (or one of the first), the explorers would point at places and ask the natives for the names, and then put those names in their maps, and that's how they got Valley "That's your Finger Stupid", Mount "It's a Hill, are you Daft?", and so on.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

IIRC in the first Discworld novel (or one of the first), the explorers would point at places and ask the natives for the names, and then put those names in their maps, and that's how they got Valley "That's your Finger Stupid", Mount "It's a Hill, are you Daft?", and so on.

Truth in fiction, then, because this is something that happens in real life, a lot. That's how in Europe they ended up with placenames like:

River Avon = "river river"
Laacher Lake = "lake lake"
Insh Island = "island island"
Barr Hill = "hill hill"
Bredon Hill = "hill hill hill"
Torpenhow Hill = "hill hill hill hill"

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

U in Suki is mute then?

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Also, holy shit Marq! Fancy seeing you here! (if you do'nt remember, we know each other from Tvtropes)

... Your name does seem vaguely familiar.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

adorable

To reply you must either login or sign up.