Forum › Their Story discussion

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ

joined Mar 21, 2017

So this Chapter 189 ISN'T Their Story, right? Is it going to be removed (or at least listed as something else) at some point? People are getting confused.

It's still good though, and the translators went to the trouble of translating it, so I hope it stays on this site in some capacity.

Agreed—I think it’s a wonderful piece. It certainly looks like it’s not Their Story, though.

Yeah the author hasn't tagged it on Weibo as SQ so there is a high chance it's not.

thats some deep shit

joined Aug 19, 2018

Now that I actually recall where I saw this stuff last time, this has be a very direct critique of victim blaming and fearmongering, regardless of who is doing it. Last year there was a deadly incident in China, where a young woman named Li Mingzhu was raped and killed after using a popular ride-share application.

Professor Wang Dawei gave this exact advice we see in this chapter to women, so they can avoid getting assaulted or killed. Also, this insensitive prick even said that more attractive women have to do be even more careful about it:

"In a now-deleted Weibo post regarding the Didi case, Wang suggested women should not hail rides under three circumstances — when it’s late at night, when the destination is a remote or unfamiliar location, or when the passenger is a single woman without any companion."

https://supchina.com/2018/05/23/safety-tips-are-the-last-thing-that-chinese-women-need-after-didis-murder-case/

Dawei is hardly the only one doing this, of course.

Because good advice is now offensive.
Lets face some reality here: You can not prevent a murder, rape or whatever by telling people not to do it. They already know that and do it anyway.
You have no control whatsoever over the action of other people. None. Nada.
What you have control over is your own actions.

Make of that what you will.

Also the overwhelming majority of murder victims in the entire world are men.
About 80% of victims are male: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homicide_statistics_by_gender

What do we do about it? - Not giving a fuck. We do not think about it. We accept the risk. We always do. 90% of job fatalities are also men. Men do not give a fuck.
So women of the world: Learn to not give a fuck.
Then maybe you can close that pay gab.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

thats some deep shit

to put it mildly.

joined Mar 15, 2015

Is anyone else seeing each chapter as a bunch of images put together in a long thin column on a single page, with each individual page too small to read?

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Is anyone else seeing each chapter as a bunch of images put together in a long thin column on a single page, with each individual page too small to read?

"Resize" button, top-right corner.

joined Feb 1, 2013

"I hope that her life would be lived freely." "I hope that my daughter would be generous, confident, have a respect for all life, and be filled with curiosity for the world." "I hope that her life would be amazing and lived freely."

So fuck you, you self-proclaimed "God-Emperor" Xi!

last edited at Jul 2, 2019 1:12AM

joined Feb 7, 2016

Lets face some reality here: You can not prevent a murder, rape or whatever by telling people not to do it. They already know that and do it anyway.

About 80% of victims are male: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homicide_statistics_by_gender

What do we do about it? - Not giving a fuck. We do not think about it. We accept the risk. We always do. 90% of job fatalities are also men. Men do not give a fuck.

feef faaf

feef faaf

last edited at Jul 2, 2019 2:17AM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Now that I actually recall where I saw this stuff last time, this has be a very direct critique of victim blaming and fearmongering, regardless of who is doing it. Last year there was a deadly incident in China, where a young woman named Li Mingzhu was raped and killed after using a popular ride-share application.

Professor Wang Dawei gave this exact advice we see in this chapter to women, so they can avoid getting assaulted or killed. Also, this insensitive prick even said that more attractive women have to do be even more careful about it:

"In a now-deleted Weibo post regarding the Didi case, Wang suggested women should not hail rides under three circumstances — when it’s late at night, when the destination is a remote or unfamiliar location, or when the passenger is a single woman without any companion."

https://supchina.com/2018/05/23/safety-tips-are-the-last-thing-that-chinese-women-need-after-didis-murder-case/

Why do you feel the need to tell everyone that men are more likely to be killed than women? Why do you feel the need to tell everyone to not give a fuck about potentially getting raped or murdered?

This post disgusts me so much and I feel like you are vastly missing the point of this strip. It is a reality for women to not EVER feel 100% safe when they are out late at night on their own, because of how disgusting the world is - and for the reaction to be "well she shouldn't have worn such and such outfit, she should have gone home with some friends" is outrageous and you are telling women not to give a fuck?

Also, men do not "accept the risk" that they might get raped if they go out for a fun night out with some friends and yknow decide to take an Uber home. So fuck off. I don't care what you have to say back to me, im just so angry that something had to be said.

Edit: admin please remove this comment if it's too much, but I'm just so disgusted with this guy

last edited at Jul 2, 2019 2:17AM

joined Feb 7, 2016

Why do you feel the need to tell everyone that men are more likely to be killed than women? Why do you feel the need to tell everyone to not give a fuck about potentially getting raped or murdered?

This post disgusts me so much and I feel like you are vastly missing the point of this strip. It is a reality for women to not EVER feel 100% safe when they are out late at night on their own, because of how disgusting the world is - and for the reaction to be "well she shouldn't have worn such and such outfit, she should have gone home with some friends" is outrageous and you are telling women not to give a fuck?

Also, men do not "accept the risk" that they might get raped if they go out for a fun night out with some friends and yknow decide to take an Uber home. So fuck off. I don't care what you have to say back to me, im just so angry that something had to be said.

^^^ agreed

were here cuz men suck :p

last edited at Jul 2, 2019 2:23AM by

ametueraspirant
80e3d94cc0506fdcdd4caca92582f00c
joined Mar 4, 2014

^^^ agreed

the basic premise is correct. we can't control when something bad might happen to us. nobody knows if they're going to die tomorrow to a drive by shooting. (though certain people in certain situations have more chance to be in danger than others) all we can do is prepare and try to stay safe. advice like that "don't go out at night, don't hail a cab" are good advice, and the people that give it usually give it with the best of intentions, because they don't want to see the people they care about get hurt. it's why parents constantly call their children even when they know where they are, just to make sure. the problem is you can't do what some people do and what this comic is showing, you can't shut yourself off from the world and stop doing all the things you enjoy just because you might get hurt, it's a danger inherent to life.

if you could please forgive my boorishly worded compatriot, I'm sure they meant no ill will.

last edited at Jul 2, 2019 3:29AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think it’s very reasonable to object to the priority being on solutions for the problem of “women putting themselves in danger” rather than addressing the problem of “men being a threat to women.”

In other words, the fact that it's common for women to feel threatened by men should be regarded as a problem, instead of an immutable fact of life.

yes we must kill all men and make do with testtube babies ;D

last edited at Jul 2, 2019 4:15AM by

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

When you have the time to, watch these two videos by Knowing Better:
Feminism and Social Justice
Taking on the Red Pill: Men's Rights Activism

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Ishigami posted:

There's a quote in the article that I believe is an appropriate response to Ishigami's post. I will copy-and-paste it below:

“Some rapes can be prevented if women are not going out, whereas at least 90 percent of pernicious cases of murders, robberies, rapes, and arson can be prevented if men are not going out. I’d like to suggest men go out on the condition of being a woman’s companion. A good man won’t wander on the streets at midnight. If a man is outside alone late at night, he must be thinking of committing some sort of crime.”

last edited at Jul 2, 2019 9:01AM

joined Dec 3, 2018

I'm pretty damn sure that's not their point. The point is that men have higher chances of getting mugged, murdered or killed in an accident because they don't take good advice to heart. They don't give a fuck and therefore have a higher chance of being hurt or killed for it. So why is it offensive all of the sudden to give good safety advice for women in order to protect themselves? If they find this advice offensive and ignore it then they just open up themselves to equally being hurt and murdered as much as men.

It's not outrageous at all. It's a sad fact of life. You can't stop criminals 100% of the time but you have far more control of yourself and can prevent putting yourself in possibly dangerous situations. Men should follow the same advice to stay safe, but they don't and are more likely to become victims because of it.

Also, men do not "accept the risk" that they might get raped if they go out for a fun night out with some friends and yknow decide to take an Uber home. So fuck off.

Raped? There is definitely a risk, much lower than women but it's there. But if they don't take proper precautions when going out they accept the risks of being robbed or assaulted.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Never thought we'd have redpillers on this site...
Sure, let's not try to educate men about toxic masculinity and how masculine some people think it is for men to be brutal. How talking no for an answer and feeling like their ego gets shuttered to the point of them getting violent is not something that can change.
Also lets not even talk about what is morally good and bad at all, since people will do it anyway...
Yes women should be careful of all these stuff. But this doesn't negate the fact that we also need to educate men.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I don't see where someone say the opposite tho.

Images%20(38)
joined Jul 2, 2019

Victim shaming is awful but I don't see why giving advices is wrong, you can condemn the former while supporting the later. Why is telling people about the dangers of walking alone at night or travelling alone offensive? Parents especially aren't malicious about it, they just care a lot about their kids.

Going out with friends is actually way safer than being alone, it's a good advice.

Never thought we'd have redpillers on this site...
Sure, let's not try to educate men about toxic masculinity and how masculine some people think it is for men to be brutal. How talking no for an answer and feeling like their ego gets shuttered to the point of them getting violent is not something that can change.
Also lets not even talk about what is morally good and bad at all, since people will do it anyway...
Yes women should be careful of all these stuff. But this doesn't negate the fact that we also need to educate men.

Violence is the result of traumatic childhood, poverty, mental disorders, etc. Teaching psychopaths to not kill won't make them stop killing people.

(sorry for my english)

last edited at Jul 2, 2019 11:42AM

joined Apr 26, 2016

Person made 2 posts and joined today, looks like we got a troll yuris. Also estrogen came in red pills why else would 2 TRANS WOMEN use that term in the matrix

last edited at Jul 2, 2019 1:16PM

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Don't teach your daughters to be scared.
Teach your sons to be respectful (not only to women but other people in general).

It's the same approach, but has a much better result for everyone.
Some people try to do it, but the bad sheep keep messing shit up - again, for everyone.
So we also have to teach our children to be aware and hope eventually society catches on.
Pretending nothing's wrong will not make the problems go away. If anything it justifies them.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Teach your sons to be respectful (not only to women but other people in general).

Or you can do both. Teach yours kids to be careful and respectful whatever gender they are. It's not because you're a boy you shouldn't be careful and it's not because you're a girl youshouldn't be respectful.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Or you can do both. Teach yours kids to be careful and respectful whatever gender they are. It's not because you're a boy you shouldn't be careful and it's not because you're a girl youshouldn't be respectful.

You are not wrong. I had hoped it was implied that both genders need to be taught respect.
But in many cultures (and families) girls are taught "respect" in the ways of learning to shut up, lower their heads and accept any and every unfair treatment given to them. (Victim-blaming is part of that culture.)
The type of respect I am refering to includes tolerance and empathy, a sort of "I am not the only one with emotions and desires", not meaning to cater to everyone's whims, but to acknowledge a common ground for interaction; if necessary both parties holding back unless a mutual consent is set, and not undermining (or underrating) another's value.

There's nothing wrong with being careful - I refered to that in my post as awareness. Teaching fear (or shame even), however, is not the way to do that.

To reply you must either login or sign up.