Forum › Their Story discussion

He looks like a fucking pufferfish.

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

Sun Jing went from looking stupid to fucking scary the change in style made her face look serious

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

That was sweet.

joined May 29, 2019

I liked the part where they ate the oranges

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Heavensrun posted:

Just sayin' That must be a tangerine~ Like, is hard to eat an orange in the street imo lo/ what kids would eat is a tangerine because is easy to peel and you separate the bits inside, very nice for a meal.

Plot twist: the kid is actually QT dad watching over her in disguise.

https://www.instructables.com/id/Easiest-cleanest-way-to-open-an-Orange/

No really, in that picture you posted all I see is a tangerine (or mandarin whoever you want to call it), they're alike but different in flavor and one main difference is that one is easy to peel and the other is not, oranges over here (tropical country) are peeled with a knife to later make juice commonly, the reason why I'm having this really not important debate is because the idea of giving an orange to a kid seems to bizarre that I can't let it go.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/tangerine-vs-orange#bottom-line
https://www.foodrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/orangeedit_0.jpg (the last two are the most common)

If we let oranges be mandarins then lizards can be salamanders and I'm not sure if I want to live in a world like that.

I know it's silly but is true.

last edited at Jun 8, 2019 1:02PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

There are many more varieties of oranges than that, including hybrids, with highly variable ease of peeling.

Where I'm from, citrus is grown year 'round, but even where citrus is not local, an orange is an incredibly common snack to pack in a school kid's lunch.

EDIT: Seriously, I have an orange tree and a tangerine tree in my backyard.

last edited at Jun 8, 2019 2:54PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

There are many more varieties of oranges than that, including hybrids, with highly variable ease of peeling.

Where I'm from, citrus is grown year 'round, but even where citrus is not local, an orange is an incredibly common snack to pack in a school kid's lunch.

I honestly don't know if there are oranges being grown here where I live, but they sure as hell are common in our markets and grocery stores.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Story: Nothing happens.
Forum: People discuss differences in oranges and proper peeling methods.

Yep, I'm on dynasty.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Heavensrun posted:

Just sayin' That must be a tangerine~ Like, is hard to eat an orange in the street imo lo/ what kids would eat is a tangerine because is easy to peel and you separate the bits inside, very nice for a meal.

Plot twist: the kid is actually QT dad watching over her in disguise.

https://www.instructables.com/id/Easiest-cleanest-way-to-open-an-Orange/

No really, in that picture you posted all I see is a tangerine (or mandarin whoever you want to call it), they're alike but different in flavor and one main difference is that one is easy to peel and the other is not, oranges over here (tropical country) are peeled with a knife to later make juice commonly, the reason why I'm having this really not important debate is because the idea of giving an orange to a kid seems to bizarre that I can't let it go.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/tangerine-vs-orange#bottom-line
https://www.foodrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/orangeedit_0.jpg (the last two are the most common)

If we let oranges be mandarins then lizards can be salamanders and I'm not sure if I want to live in a world like that.

I know it's silly but is true.

I mean, the guy that posted the instructable said it was an orange, It looks like an orange, and I have no reason to doubt him, I also found other sites that say you can peel oranges by hand. Tangerines are easier, but so what? If the kid likes oranges better, you give him an orange. if he needs help peeling it, that's part of a teacher's job.

Also mandarin oranges are a different fruit from a tangerine, and they are literally called mandarin oranges, so if that's a mandarin, they could call it an orange.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Thanks Junji Ito

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

OK, juice oranges (like the ones on the tree in my backyard) can indeed be a b*tch to peel and eat, because they're really--wait for it--juicy. Other varieties can be much easier, and navel oranges can be almost as easy as tangerines. And then there are tangelos . . .

^ Nothing happens in the story?!? SJ goes to the pharmacy, the kid from the bus shows up, and there's citrus fruit!

What do you want--an invasion of demons from another dimension?

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Thanks Junji Ito

It was that or a Kirby joke.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

(https://i.imgur.com/Z20d2xp.png)

(https://i.imgur.com/cM7K4uC.jpg)

laughs so much it hurts Why you do this to me, Heavensrun?

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

OK, juice oranges (like the ones on the tree in my backyard) can indeed be a b*tch to peel and eat, because they're really--wait for it--juicy. Other varieties can be much easier, and navel oranges can be almost as easy as tangerines. And then there are tangelos . . .

^ Nothing happens in the story?!? SJ goes to the pharmacy, the kid from the bus shows up, and there's citrus fruit!

What do you want--an invasion of demons from another dimension?

Yeah I don't know what they want. I always run into people that don't "get" slice of life, the point or the appeal. People often expect a demon invasion or something dramatic that has a clear cut goal, while I enjoy those stories as well I also love slice of life because it's very relaxed and calming. The point is to just follow the lives of the main characters, the appeal is their personalities and relationship dynamics. Plus whatever they're doing might be something of interest to the reader, like a slice of life that follows a couple of friends that try out various cafes or something.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

EDIT: Seriously, I have an orange tree and a tangerine tree in my backyard.

Ooh, yeah. Time for some Orange x Tangerine yuri!

Ryokoayeka2
joined Sep 6, 2017

Heavensrun I have 2 giant papers due in 2 days and you just made me laugh so hard- many thanks hahaha.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I couldn't reply after ",,,and they are literally called mandarin oranges"

How can you be a mandarin an an orange at the same time, all these years peeling mandarin and drinking orange juice has been a lie? and google told me that the translation of mandarina is tangerine but now you tell me that tangerine and mandarin are two different thing but it's okay to call mandarin an orange.

Or is it they color? I don't care anymore, I just want to go home.

I miss the old days, they played basketball and we were all like "yeah that's basketball, alright" and we were happy

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I couldn't reply after ",,,and they are literally called mandarin oranges"
(https://i.imgur.com/sQimZJU.png)
How can you be a mandarin an an orange at the same time, all these years peeling mandarin and drinking orange juice has been a lie? and google told me that the translation of mandarina is tangerine but now you tell me that tangerine and mandarin are two different thing but it's okay to call mandarin an orange.

Or is it they color? I don't care anymore, I just want to go home.

I miss the old days, they played basketball and we were all like "yeah that's basketball, alright" and we were happy

https://www.google.com/search?q=madarin+orange&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS758US758&oq=madarin+orange&aqs=chrome..69i57j46j0l4.3039j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

If it helps, it looks like while "Mandarin Orange" is a popular descriptor, to a botanist, a Mandarin isn't actually an Orange, but is a cousin of the orange, and tangerines are a subgroup of mandarins.

So it depends on your definition and whether you're talking about breeds by ancestry or just popular terminology.

Regardless, you can totally peel an orange by hand. ;p

That's it, I'm done debating citris fruit species here, although I might buy an orange later to eat it by hand and report back the experience. ;p

last edited at Jun 8, 2019 8:13PM by Nezchan

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

laughs so much it hurts Why you do this to me, Heavensrun?

The laughter of others brings me joy.

Heavensrun I have 2 giant papers due in 2 days and you just made me laugh so hard- many thanks hahaha.

I'm glad I could lighten your day. Good luck on the papers. ;p

(I'm a little worried I may have ruined this character for everybody here, tho)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

“Mandarin oranges” is a marketing term.

No one cares what botanists say when there’s money to be made. Lol

(BTW, I happen to think Cute Little Boy is a pain in the ass. Mostly.)

last edited at Jun 8, 2019 7:33PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Awww, c'mon, apart from his freakishly huge mouth, he's only been any kind of hinderance to our protagonists once, and both times he's met them he's given them stuff for their troubles. He seems like a pretty sweet kid to me.

His mouth is just an abominable void from which there is no escape.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What's all this about cute little boy's asses?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

What's all this about cute little boy's asses?

Syntax, Nezchan, syntax. Well, idiom, I guess it would be.

But nothing to trouble the authorities, at any rate.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

XD I do get slice of life (I watched and enjoyed the heck out of things like Non Non Biyori). But this chapter still does feel like a filler (or a lead-up, maybe). It's not bad, but nothing really happens. And people in this forum still find something to discuss for over an entire page - which apparently what kind of citrus they were eating and if such was easily peel'able or not... And I thought this to be funny ^^;

To reply you must either login or sign up.