Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Moke ver.) discussion

joined Sep 28, 2018

Seems like all of Chapter 2 from the novel was cut. No Yashiro, and also Hino and Nagafuji have been reduced to unnamed cameos with no dialogue

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Seem like this version is more fast path. Not like i dislike it, i'm not a huge fan of slow burn (Althought i start to read Lily from YY).

Sample_0bc66a359c3af4a24555c4bef5b4c655
joined Oct 5, 2015

Desire to become "slightly better friends"

Yeah, sure "slightly"

joined Mar 15, 2017

When thinking about pacing, something to bear in mind: so far the new manga has used twice as many pages to adapt equivalent material.

GM_Highlander
joined May 26, 2017

When thinking about pacing, something to bear in mind: so far the new manga has used twice as many pages to adapt equivalent material.

But the anime adaptation is going to be based on the novel, not this manga

joined Mar 15, 2017

But the anime adaptation is going to be based on the novel, not this manga

I'm referring to comparisons between the 2 manga adaptations. Because the new one started at a slightly later point people are treating it like it's faster paced.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

It is faster, insofar as we are skipping a lot of content that involves Yashiro, Hino, and Nagafuji.

last edited at Jun 28, 2019 8:01AM

Dreadpiratebaka
joined Jul 11, 2014

this feels like a speedrun of the novel

joined Apr 23, 2019

No kiss, just a mention of a a dream and kiss. Hm...

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I think is kinda worth remembering that while most of us are reading this story only recently, it's actually being going on since 2012, this is old stuff for them, combine that with the fact that there's been another manga adaptation that also covered around the same stuff (and then probably the anime will take its own shot at it), and it makes sense that it trying to go through the old content somewhat fast.
Of course that doesn't mean you have to like the pacing, structure or how it handles the story at all, but still think it's something to keep in mind.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I still think this is cutting too much, but at the same time it seems to be giving more detail to stuff the first manga skimmed over.

Also, I didn't know the other manga was a 4koma until people pointed it out here. lol

Grtertet
joined Aug 24, 2014

definitely the weakest version

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I think I prefer the original but this is still pretty good.

Adachi_pout_small
joined Jun 5, 2016

Adachi a cute

joined Nov 27, 2017

I'm sorry, but it's really hard in my mind for this to be the worse version when most of what they cut out was a tonally off-kilter and completely irrelevant alien subplot. It was so jarring and mood destroying that it made the whole thing feel like stop-start traffic.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

no idea what any of the original works are and reading the comments i'm not going to either cause it'll ruin this work. Just gonna enjoy it in ignorant bliss cause atm i love it

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

EvelineClariss posted:

no idea what any of the original works are and reading the comments i'm not going to either cause it'll ruin this work. Just gonna enjoy it in ignorant bliss cause atm i love it

They are actually different versions of this same story, the thing is that they are more complete (more characters, less straightforward) than this one.

And for better or worse, too slow for an anime or even for a manga imo... For a LN however is just fine to explain and talk as much as the see fit, because is a novel. After all, the old manga was cut short even as the novel continued.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That's the question everyone is asking: what the hell are you doing?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Just notice it but the hair being more black give a strange look. That kinda sound racist out of context, but it might be too much black. Also Yachiro not dead so we can have the bowling scene.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Oh, we're still doing Future Fishing. Why?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hylarn posted:

I thought we were saved when the friends showed up only but only to comment about the alien. I don't read the novel anymore so idk how important she might be later, but I was hoping we wouldn't need her this time. Well... A third wheel is better than a triangle I guess?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAANYWAY

I was just as happy reading how Adachi loses control as I was during the first manga and the novel lo/ is just so good hahahaha and this time we can appreciate better that she's just thinking about it and not really saying I LOVE YOU

As for the black hair or hard ink, I guess... is more realistic for Japan, it doesn't really bothers me because their personalities and traits are very distinctive anyway.

last edited at Jul 28, 2019 9:34AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Because the bowling scene is good. Don't hate my alien girl,she have done nothing wrong. She's not a love triangle, she just try to make Adachi break her shell.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I don't read the novel anymore so idk how important she might be later, but I was hoping we wouldn't need her this time.

She's actually been completely irrelevant to what's been translated of the second volume. Otherwise I wouldn't have wondered about her inclusion

On the hair, I think the Mani version made Hino and Nagafuji look too much like Adachi. Everyone is easy to tell apart at a glance like this

joined Mar 18, 2018

I seriously cant wait for the anime! this is just too good! X3

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

The art remember that of Aono Nachi, or at least for me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.