Forum › Luminous=Blue discussion

joined Nov 27, 2017

I truly cannot get enough of the Bad Decisions everyone is making. It’s a beautifully drawn disaster.

(#TeamNene)

This is everything I feel about this series, honestly. Like, Nene has some serious fucking growing up to do but the toxic instability of basically the entire cast makes a compelling and emotionally gripping narrative that... Is very appropriate to what being 16 is like. Fucking everything up is a defining feature of being in high school.

Fb_img_1627005325889
joined Apr 26, 2018

Are there anyone really shipping kou and nene? I mean yuck, kou go way from that girl. Nene is so bitchy that I already hate her so much even if she will have a reason in the way she's acting. Amane best girl should just leave them all. But i guess love is a bitch

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^It did seem like a pretty nice idea until this chapter, not quite so sure now. Less due to Nene's own behavior, which, while almost but not quite Senpai-level cruel, could have been aimed at making Amane finally give up - and Nene doesn't know Senpai already showed Amane her photos, but due to Kou's comments at the end making it likelier we could still see Nene and Amane together at the end, no matter how impossible it has seemed until now. Nene and Kou, and Senpai and Amane could still be the least painful solution, but it also depends a lot on the many unknowns in this series, especially Nene's and Senpai's underlying motivations, which could change the game entirely.

Ab03237b-ac0d-4030-8288-8032dc7528e5
joined May 12, 2015

Are there anyone really shipping kou and nene? I mean yuck, kou go way from that girl. Nene is so bitchy that I already hate her so much even if she will have a reason in the way she's acting. Amane best girl should just leave them all. But i guess love is a bitch

everyone just want to torture Amane's feeling.... at this rate the one who deserve Amane is only Kou, or we pulling sensei to the ship

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

It did seem like a pretty nice idea until this chapter, not quite so sure now. Less due to Nene's own behavior, which, while almost but not quite Senpai-level cruel, could have been aimed at making Amane finally give up

I think that interpretation is pretty weak considering Nene's need to feel special and how she craves attention. She's a narcissist. That's why she's pursuing Kou rather than genuine love, and it's probably the reason she behaves like a bitch towards Amane as well.

last edited at Jun 24, 2019 12:03PM

Images
joined Sep 30, 2018

Well, that was quite overkill on how Nene turned out than I expected. And I see that there are a lot of potential ships here but I'm still going for SENSEI X READER

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Are you trying to break the 4th wall from the other side? Because it looks like you are trying, but also failing miserably.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I'm not even going to look at the comments. They're probably all about how Nene is a terrible bitch and doesn't deserve happiness even though she's pretty clearly been hurt somehow. While that doesn't forgive what she's doing here, I'd be shocked to find out she actually deserves the level of rancor I expect this chapter to generate. Also, as usual, this is probably a plot that could have been solved at any point if everyone would stop being so anime and talk to each other.

Kou is a Good Girl and cute as a button.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Kou is a Good Girl and cute as a button.

I first read that as, “Kou is a Good Girl and cute as a buffoon.”

Which also works.

last edited at Jun 24, 2019 11:18PM

Well personally Nene is giving off a Hotaru Mizushina vibe (from NTR: Netsuzou Trap) something is bugging her that much is clear (well to me anyway)as for what that is remains to be seen.
I think Nene still has feelings for Amane, Nene treating Kou as a Amane's substitue Nene has genuinely convinced herself that she is seriously interested in Kou, but Nene is both unconsciously using Kou in an attempt to displace Amane in her. even if Nene seem to hold a grudge against Amane,, she doesn't seem to forget about her & the feelings towards her. Kou doesn't love Nene, Kou is getting pulled along by events.
I'm not entirely sure if Hayama was the one responsible for their break up it's 50/50 at the moment. But one thing is clear she's making sure that their still that way.

These are just my opinion though.

last edited at Jun 24, 2019 8:58PM

Mayuri_icon
joined Jun 24, 2015

I legit let out a dying animal sound at this page
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luminousblue_ch07#27

In Amane's mind it was her that was supposed to be in the seat Kou was sitting, sharing the perfect parfait she would've made for her and Nene. The author did a really good job. This tugs at the heartstrings

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

It seems like Nene has really fallen for Kou this time, but I think she also loved Amane very much when they were dating. Kou is right when she says that the expressions in the photos seemed genuine. Shows that she really did love Amane.

But I can’t tell if Amane or Nene is in the wrong yet, because it hasn’t revealed what that creepo senpai has done to break them apart.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

It seems like Nene has really fallen for Kou this time

I don't think so. What she loves is the attention. She became interested in Kou after the latter started taking pictures of her and saying she's cute. Nene wants to draw attention and feel special. She wants Kou to look only at her, but not because she loves Kou. Rather, it's because Kou paid attention to her that she got interested in Kou.

Nene doesn't really love Kou, I think. What she loves is herself. She's a narcissist.

last edited at Jun 25, 2019 12:58AM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Nene doesn't really love Kou, I think. What she loves is herself. She's a narcissist.

I think she's a misunderstood teen girl who's been told constantly not to show emotion or smile because she's somehow "better" by not being herself--whereas she got to constantly see Amane, the person she was probably closest to, be praised for being awesome and attractive and all that by being "allowed" to be her (albeit exuberant) self. And it gave her a complex. And was probably too much for her to handle, so she tried to create distance, but was stymied by how desperate Amane was to keep her in her life, and probably by her own miasma of contradictory feelings. "I love this person, but it also hurts to be with this person".

Now she's found a cute little camera girl who tells her how great she is when she's just herself. That her smile is OKAY, and even desirable. I can see why her behavior is weird, and why she's pursuing Kou. Even the nasty "look at me" display in the cafe; it was just that. "Look at me, I am accepted for myself now too, you're not the only one. Can you please finally let go of me?"

But I'm probably thinking too deeply about it. Thanks, insomnia!

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

I'm not even going to look at the comments. They're probably all about how Nene is a terrible bitch and doesn't deserve happiness even though she's pretty clearly been hurt somehow. While that doesn't forgive what she's doing here, I'd be shocked to find out she actually deserves the level of rancor I expect this chapter to generate.

This, and,

I think she's a misunderstood teen girl who's been told constantly not to show emotion or smile because she's somehow "better" by not being herself--whereas she got to constantly see Amane, the person she was probably closest to, be praised for being awesome and attractive and all that by being "allowed" to be her (albeit exuberant) self. And it gave her a complex. And was probably too much for her to handle, so she tried to create distance, but was stymied by how desperate Amane was to keep her in her life, and probably by her own miasma of contradictory feelings. "I love this person, but it also hurts to be with this person".

Now she's found a cute little camera girl who tells her how great she is when she's just herself. That her smile is OKAY, and even desirable. I can see why her behavior is weird, and why she's pursuing Kou. Even the nasty "look at me" display in the cafe; it was just that. "Look at me, I am accepted for myself now too, you're not the only one. Can you please finally let go of me?"

This. The vitriol against Nene is hilarious in its lack of self-awareness, both of the fact that you the audience are being skillfully manipulated by a good author to overwrought and premature convictions about what is or should be happening, and of the fact that you still know very little about Nene's true history and mindset and are willfully discounting the clues you've already been given.

People who claim to have "years of reading yuri" should have more insight into the path this has taken so far and is likely to take in future: that is, a full explication of Nene's character and past in such a way that is likely to turn the narrative just as convincingly back in her direction - only to perhaps shift again, and yet again, before the end. Watch, wait, and stop making hills to emotionally die on regarding who is right and wrong, good and bad, innocent and guilty.

last edited at Jun 25, 2019 2:28AM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Somehow, I feel like the deal that Nene offered Kou was something Amane might've said in the past.

"If, when autumn comes, you still feel like "this isn't right", then we can break up and go back to being friends."

It may explain why Nene broke up with Amane so suddenly (albeit in spring), and why Amane expects them to stay friends. I dunno, might be a bit of a stretch though. Chapter 7 is the most up to date raw chapter as of now, so we'll just have to see.

last edited at Jun 25, 2019 3:15AM

unlike yall im just here for the sexy ladies

cmon yall its obv the black hair is a mei type

last edited at Jun 25, 2019 4:06AM by

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

who's been told constantly not to show emotion or smile because she's somehow "better" by not being herself--whereas she got to constantly see Amane, the person she was probably closest to, be praised for being awesome and attractive and all that by being "allowed" to be her (albeit exuberant) self. And it gave her a complex. And was probably too much for her to handle, so she tried to create distance, but was stymied by how desperate Amane was to keep her in her life, and probably by her own miasma of contradictory feelings. "I love this person, but it also hurts to be with this person".

Nene having an inferiority complex is obvious. The problem is she should have been honest with Amane. Nene dumped her without even explaining her reasons which left Amane without closure. That's a pretty shitty situation for Amane.

Now she's found a cute little camera girl who tells her how great she is when she's just herself. That her smile is OKAY, and even desirable. I can see why her behavior is weird, and why she's pursuing Kou.

She's pursuing Kou for the wrong reasons.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luminousblue_ch04#29
Kou is (unwittingly) enabling Nene's complex. What Nene needs is to face her complex in order to grow as a person. Kou actually believes that Nene smiles the brightest when she's with Amane (which she captured through her picture), and Kou might be right about that. But Nene can't deal with her inferiority complex so she runs away from her own feelings and from Amane. She has to stop running away and face her shit instead.

All that been said, she's still a huge bitch all the same. Having emotional issues doesn't mean it's right to treat people like shit.

last edited at Jun 25, 2019 6:19AM

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

I wish I could say the same but I find the art very unappealing.

Please, no. Mei was a problematic bitch because she had actual, concerning and realistic issues that are faced by many Asian children every day (at least in my country). Nene is just a vain high school bitch with first world problems like NPD. And Mei is more attractive anyway.

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

She's pursuing Kou for the wrong reasons.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luminousblue_ch04#29
Kou is (unwittingly) enabling Nene's complex. What Nene needs is to face her complex in order to grow as a person. Kou actually believes that Nene smiles the brightest when she's with Amane (which she captured through her picture), and Kou might be right about that. But Nene can't deal with her inferiority complex so she runs away from her own feelings and from Amane. She has to stop running away and face her shit instead.

I love all the responses people wrote on my post, but I love this response the best. It clarifies things more clearly. She is the typical high school chick jealous of something really dumb. It’s funny how Amane is more mentally mature than someone who appears mature.

But man this author knows how to trick the mind really well. Maybe the creepy senpai really had barely anything to do with it.

last edited at Jun 25, 2019 9:18AM

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Please, no. Mei was a problematic bitch because she had actual, concerning and realistic issues that are faced by many Asian children every day (at least in my country). Nene is just a vain high school bitch with first world problems like NPD. And Mei is more attractive anyway.

The art? I think she has a lot of skill. I guess everyone has styles they like and do not like... I personally didn’t like the character designs of Citrus that much (although the art was great) either so I guess it’s a matter of personal taste.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The art? I think she has a lot of skill. I guess everyone has styles they like and do not like... I personally didn’t like the character designs of Citrus that much (although the art was great) either so I guess it’s a matter of personal taste.

I suppose I must be in-between. I want to like the art—there are a lot of good things about it, and the artist is obviously skilled at rendering. At first I thought it was quite appealing.

But now I find the panels to be just a little too lush, and the character designs vaguely off-putting, like the eyes are too big in the close-ups and the open mouths (especially on Kou) are just a little too bovine.

I don’t hate the art by any means, but find that, in itself, it’s a little disturbing. Maybe that’s effective in creating the feeling that there’s something off about all these relationships.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Ya'll just can't see that Nene has a Friendzone-ing her girlfriends fetish

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

This. The vitriol against Nene is hilarious in its lack of self-awareness, both of the fact that you the audience are being skillfully manipulated by a good author to overwrought and premature convictions about what is or should be happening, and of the fact that you still know very little about Nene's true history and mindset and are willfully discounting the clues you've already been given.

Hi there high and mighty, may I introduce you to some humble pie?

No seriously though, half the people here at least see what's going on. Don't act like this is the work of a mastermind. We lack information and that's all, but nothing until now has been unpredictable within the confines of what we know and nothing that has been done is particularily confusing.
Some people here have a gut reaction towards something unpleasant and I don't think they will change their mind even after the inevitable reveal of Nene's situation.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Some people here have a gut reaction towards something unpleasant and I don't think they will change their mind even after the inevitable reveal of Nene's situation.

That was my point, actually. People have formed premature decisions about how things should be, and will very likely continue to stubbornly cling to those notions even after things have clearly changed. Your post basically says "People are going to continue to hate Nene to matter what happens after this because they already made up their minds to do so." Thank you for agreeing with me that that will happen - who could do otherwise, it is human nature after all. Glad we are on the same page.

last edited at Jun 25, 2019 1:21PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.