Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

How much is out right now, incidentally?

Volume 8 just released, apparently.

last edited at May 16, 2019 3:02PM

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

This slow romance with one-sided feelings makes me think of the first time I read Girl Friends.
Adachi's feelings are fully developed so I hope we can begin to see something on Shimamura's side in volume 2.
Also, amazing translation once again.
Lastly, woohoo no third wheel alien girl this time. I don't hate Yashirou, just her horrible timing to ruin what could be special alone time.

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

This marks the end of volume one. Thanks for all the feedback. As for volume two, I've already started working on it. It seems to be paced a little differently (8 chapters instead of 5), so the update schedule might end up slightly different. We'll see.

I really enjoy read this novel, Arigathanks for your work (≧∇≦)/

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Lastly, woohoo no third wheel alien girl this time. I don't hate Yashirou, just her horrible timing to ruin what could be special alone time.

I was right there with Adachi, looking for "that sparkly blue thing" to show up again, lol

last edited at May 16, 2019 8:59PM

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

FC, fashion C? What's C?

Yeah, I'm missing something here. What does the C stand for? (I'm probably going to kick myself for not knowing this when somebody answers...)

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

FC, fashion C? What's C?

Yeah, I'm missing something here. What does the C stand for? (I'm probably going to kick myself for not knowing this when somebody answers...)

Edit: nvm I remembered what y'all mean. Frankly I dunno for sure myself and I forgot to ask sneik.

last edited at May 17, 2019 6:04AM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Back to the quality of story direction that made me enjoy this so much to begin with. Woo!

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

How much is out right now, incidentally?

Volume 8 just released, apparently.

Secretly written by George R. R. Martin, I see... Must be why he hasn't published a lot lately.

Is the rest of this also Girl's-Love-focused, or does it divert into some weird story about aliens?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Guess you'll just have to wait and see like the rest of us. :3

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Is the rest of this also Girl's-Love-focused, or does it divert into some weird story about aliens?

This is, first and foremost, indeed Girl's-Love and everything else is secondary. It's plenty gay on Adachi's side and how gay it turns out depends on how gay Shimamura lets it get, at least that's how I see it.

Looking East
45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

It's nice to see this LN has generated quite a bit of interest. It's a cute story. This is probably as good a place to ask as any for suggestions for other fantasy or scifi books featuring lesbian characters. I'm not particular when it comes to country of origin so long as the end product can be found in English somewhere. It can be anything from LN, to visual novels, to young adult, to full blown traditional literature. Romance is fine, but I'm not looking for full blown smut where there is nothing else to the story. Bonus points if it can be found on Kindle Unlimited.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

This is, first and foremost, indeed Girl's-Love and everything else is secondary. It's plenty gay on Adachi's side and how gay it turns out depends on how gay Shimamura lets it get, at least that's how I see it.

It's a VERY slow burn, from what I understand. Eventually Shimamura succumbs to her gayness, and they do eventually end up going out with each other. But that happens like in volume 6 or 7, so it's a ways down the line. This was just volume 1...

I try not to let myself get too spoiled about things beforehand, which is kinda dumb of me, but it's whatever. lol

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

Why is manga tagged Anime and not the novel? I'm failing to process this.

I'm pretty sure the Adachi to Shimamura anime was confirmed. I only hope, with volumes already, they don't pull the same old, one season just for the cash grab anime has been all about lately.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

It's a VERY slow burn, from what I understand. Eventually Shimamura succumbs to her gayness, and they do eventually end up going out with each other. But that happens like in volume 6 or 7, so it's a ways down the line. This was just volume 1...

I try not to let myself get too spoiled about things beforehand, which is kinda dumb of me, but it's whatever. lol

Where did you find it? I'm interested in reading the Raw or wherever you got that info.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Where did you find it? I'm interested in reading the Raw or wherever you got that info.

I got that information both by reading comments here and by asking sneik. I don't have access to any of the "raw" LN content, either, sorry. Though I'm assuming much of it can be purchased through standard venues for such things. :)

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Nobody knows what the "Fashion C" is?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Nobody knows what the "Fashion C" is?

My one and only guess is "Fashion Center (Shimamura)", after a little Googling. Which makes no sense in the context there.....

last edited at May 22, 2019 1:57AM

Zaimokuza%20ii
joined May 9, 2014

Is that a reference to Death Note? xD
Anyway, thanks a lot for translating this LN!

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

today I was playing bandori (NEO ASPECT BOIII) when i see a player named "read AdaShima (LN)" in a multlive, dunno if you will ever read me but, YEA LETS MAKE THE WHOLE WORLD READ THIS MASTERPIECE FAM
IHAAAA

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Volume 2 starts here.

Some stuff:
-Epub/pdf: https://mega.nz/#F!l98TRYaQ!8e-JL8PJx4cDwN1SCeJnuw
-Alternative link: https://sneikkimies.github.io/#adachi2
-The first chapter is the longest of this volume, meaning that the following ones should come out faster.
-The chapter titles are jojo references. According to the Japanese wiki: Shimamura at the gym > Rohan at the Louvre, Yashiro: the visitor > Baoh: the visitor, Adachi's Q > Dead Man's Q, Strange Adachi > Gorgeous Irene, Christmas ongoing; Shimamura's thoughts > Under execution under jailbreak, White album > white album. Some make more sense in Japanese, of course

joined Oct 27, 2018

God, I feel like every new chapteris more pointless than the last.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I think I'll be okay with Yashiro if she spends her time with Shimamura's imouto from now on

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

If it's the first of volume 2, wouldn't it make more sense to call it chapter 6? Gets confusing since Dynasty's frontpage doesn't take volume numbers into consideration (more notable in things like Love Lice SiD).

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

that was a weird chapter

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Yeah that chapter was a little wacky. I mean, I knew it was Shimamura's turn for a chapter from her PoV, but still odd, especially with the creepy dude watching the children.

I also kept thinking "are you really that derpy, Shimamura? You think you're never gonna see Adachi's mother again? That she won't remember the sassy delinquent that challenged her to a sauna duel?" That'll be fun to explain one day, lol....

To reply you must either login or sign up.