Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Koguma is embarrassed, but she is clearly into it. She can get away whenever she wants, because Hino has never actually forced her into anything. Aside from locking the door (not a big deal when it's locked from the inside and Koguma can easily open it herself) she's not even done anything unusual this time around. Her excuses/tricking Koguma into doing things for her is nothing new.

This doesn't require a "safe word" or any nonsense like that, because this isn't some play. It`s just teasing. Hino compliments her because those are her true feelings. What girl would not get excited when her crush says she is cute and says her body is her type?

The genius of Hino is that a lot of her moves cut both ways--the sudden-locking-of-the-door trope always signals secrecy/privacy, so sinister overtones are never far from the surface, but Hino's explanation that she doesn't want Koguma to be embarrassed if someone else suddenly came in is perfectly plausible.

It's just that the visuals really hammer home Koguma's vulnerability--her postures and facial expressions often echo hentai victim poses but the drawings scrupulously avoid anything like lewd physical details.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hino_san_no_baka_ch17#10

So it sorta feels like Koguma is being victimized (or about to be) when everything else in the story shows that she's really not.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

So it sorta feels like Koguma is being victimized (or about to be) when everything else in the story shows that she's really not.

The power of playing with expectations can never be understated. Though I suppose the more bad things one has seen, the easier it is to be tricked...

Town
joined Feb 8, 2018

You know the skill Koguma has shown, taking off your bra without removing your shirt first, is kinda impressive to me. Its one of those skills i just cant do for some reason. Props on her for knowing how.

...it might be weird that it was my first thought when reading this chapter.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

You know the skill Koguma has shown, taking off your bra without removing your shirt first, is kinda impressive to me. Its one of those skills i just cant do for some reason. Props on her for knowing how.

...it might be weird that it was my first thought when reading this chapter.

Hehe, this makes me think of a clip from Game Grumps.
https://youtu.be/uy7T27bwF-g?t=141

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I choose to believe Hino is a seamstress and plans to make a veritable cornucopia of sexy lingerie fine clothing for her Koguma.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Is this the lewdest not actually lewd manga ever?

runrin Staff
Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

BugDevil: power exchange needs to be negotiated. safe words exist for a reason. sometimes playful teasing goes too far, and it isn't always easy to tell if someone is enjoying something.

people are debating it here because it hasn't been made explicit. being explicit is what keeps relationships like this healthy. communication is important. instead of hino guessing when she goes too far, she will know for sure.

there have been a couple of panels where i really didn't like the way koguma was drawn. one with her shirt up laying on the ground bothered me. the one Blastaar points out as well.

I'm also reaaaally not into the fact that the author is constantly playing up the fact that her body is childish. I peeked at their pixiv and its full of gross shit. hopefully the comic doesn't get creepier because I have really been enjoying it.

why do so many yuri artists have to draw loli trash??

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I too hope that this series does not become something that it has not been.
I hope that Koguma will not, for the first time in the series, be forced to do something against her will.
I hope that Hino-san will not become a threat to harm Koguma, as she has not come close to being so far.
I certainly hope that Hino-san's pranks don't stop having a positive effect on Koguma's self-esteem, as they have done so far.

Because if this series were to become something different and worse than it is, that would be bad.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

BugDevil: power exchange needs to be negotiated. safe words exist for a reason. sometimes playful teasing goes too far, and it isn't always easy to tell if someone is enjoying something. .

Bud, they are just teenagers. How on earth would they know anything about safe words and such. This isn't a bdsm contract they've entered into. Hino just likes teasing her.

Uhhh. They enjoy it?

Inai hou ga ii ningen
joined May 23, 2018

These people aren't fucking and there hasnt been any nudity what is the big deal...

last edited at May 10, 2019 4:45AM

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

While it would be lying to say that I've never though that an artists' talent was wasted on a specific fetish, I find the assumption that the artist is doing this for money kind of naive and disrespectful to the artist and their personal tastes. As someone who used spend time in the furry fandom, I can show you a thing or two about what happens when an artist trades in their dignity for the "privilege" of drawing anything for money. Trust me, it's not pretty.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

While it would be lying to say that I've never though that an artists' talent was wasted on a specific fetish, I find the assumption that the artist is doing this for money kind of naive and disrespectful to the artist and their personal tastes.

LOL better respect those pedophiles, amiright?

... >.>

last edited at May 10, 2019 12:33AM

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

These people aren't fucking and there hasnt been any nudity what is the deal...

That's the problem! jk. But I really don't know.

lord-of-roses
Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

I choose to believe Hino is a seamstress and plans to make a veritable cornucopia of sexy lingerie fine clothing for her Koguma.

Well won't you look at that, you were right.
Let's go to the horse races sometime...

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

So many updates in such a short time, I love it.

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

So the dress is basically like a wedding ring, right? After Koguma accepts it, they'll be married, yeah?

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

So many updates in such a short time, I love it.

there's 33 chapters out, so we've probably got quick updates for a bit longer. I'm loving it too.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Well the dress was a twist I didn't see coming, Hino-san isn't all bad(pervy).

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The "You jerk!" is getting better each time I read it hehehehe, like it comes with more force hahaha

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, Koguma, Hino-san is nice AND she’s a jerk.

That’s your future, dear—might as well get used to it.

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

there's 33 chapters out, so we've probably got quick updates for a bit longer. I'm loving it too.

Is this a countdown towards disaster? According to MAL Hino-san started on 29th October 2017 which is 558 days ago. If we assume ch 33 is released today and we assume breaks/delays/holidays just doesn't exist then that boils down to 16.9 days per chapter. Even if ch33 is not released today but a week or two ago it's still roughly amounts to about 16 days per chapter. So does that mean once we reach ch.33 (or maybe ch.34-35 by that time) we'll get the inevitable 1-2 chapters each month?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

triviabingo posted:

Is this a countdown towards disaster? According to MAL Hino-san started on 29th October 2017 which is 558 days ago. If we assume ch 33 is released today and we assume breaks/delays/holidays just doesn't exist then that boils down to 16.9 days per chapter. Even if ch33 is not released today but a week or two ago it's still roughly amounts to about 16 days per chapter. So does that mean once we reach ch.33 (or maybe ch.34-35 by that time) we'll get the inevitable 1-2 chapters each month?

That's still more than most yuri works anyway haha

Quiescent-Rose
Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

Wow some people are taking this a bit too seriously. This is a lighthearted romcom, not a serious dramatic romance exploring the psychological effects of dom/sub relationships. At no point are we led to believe that Hino has any malicious intent towards Koguma, nor that she wouldn’t stop if Hino seriously told her to. And it would be unnatural for them to have a well defined and explicit power dynamic with safe words and everything when the entire story so far is about ambiguity.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Wow some people are taking this a bit too seriously. This is a lighthearted romcom, not a serious dramatic romance exploring the psychological effects of dom/sub relationships. At no point are we led to believe that Hino has any malicious intent towards Koguma, nor that she wouldn’t stop if Hino seriously told her to. And it would be unnatural for them to have a well defined and explicit power dynamic with safe words and everything when the entire story so far is about ambiguity.

There's always people who feel the need to suck the joy out of things because they lack the capability to take context from whatever they're reading and insist on judging it by rules that clearly don't apply to it.

Sometimes I wonder if it's even fun living like that.

last edited at May 10, 2019 1:36AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.