Forum › Like a Dignified and Noble Flower discussion

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Huh. The art in this keeps toggling between kind-of cool and slightly confusing. The premise could be interesting, but we haven't seen anywhere near enough of it.

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

looks like a van gogh painting

868e64eacaeed480084b005ae21b7c4c
joined Jul 19, 2018

Art is cool, but needs to be cleaned in scenes involving motion.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Needs more sexy sadist goth girl

There's some neat ideas in here, but it's not executed well. On a plot level the fantastical elements feel very disconnected from the rest of it. More technically, the composition isn't great; feels like the artist is trying to emulate an anime without understanding the limits of manga

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

the art, the story, the dialogue, the pacing, everything's a mess.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Art is cool, but needs to be cleaned in scenes involving motion.

I was thinking the same thing

Also you can see the love triangle tag coming from a mile a way

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

This is actually awful to try and comprehend. Like someone else said, everything is a mess. The author can't pace art, story and dialogue to save their life. This is a hard pass from me.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Another example of Yuri Hime trying something new with authors who can't write (or draw in this case).

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

The art style is cool and pretty original but it's kind of also it's flaw due to it being a bit hard to follow in some parts (it's neatly drawn but messy somehow?) The pacing was a little confusing but kinda hard to be too cruel about it just yet, need more chapters before I can decide on that. Either way, seems like an interesting enough premise for a good story to unfold so I'm looking forward to more... Let's hope it doesn't disapoint

Fullsizeoutput_6fd
joined Aug 24, 2017

It’s like someone saw the wacky Kakegurui facial expressions and thought “Hey I wanna draw a manga where everyone looks like that all the time”

joined Jul 20, 2011

Another example of Yuri Hime trying something new with authors who can't write (or draw in this case).

I'd say the author can draw; but composing, on the other hand...

S-l500
joined Feb 27, 2018

I feel like this deserves a "what the fuck am I reading" tag, but for purely non-diegetic reasons.

joined Sep 29, 2018

I’d love to see some decent action yuri but this ain’t it chief. I could not tell wtf was going for the life of me.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I'd say the author can draw; but composing, on the other hand...

This^ it's like a chef who knows how to prepare all the ingredients and shit, but putting it all together... Nope. Just one big chaos, which also ruins the flavor.

joined Sep 6, 2018

More action than yuri. There's a bit of ecchi. Sure is hard to grasp what's going on.

This should be dropped.

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

It does look pretty messy, I hope that gets fixed as it goes.

last edited at Apr 27, 2019 12:32PM

joined Sep 28, 2018

I’m just going to say I’ve read enough shounen manga to tell you all that this really isn’t all that “messy”
I mean, compared to most yuri manga that is just characters standing in one place talking, maybe it does seem chaotic

I’m even seeing similar comments about Salad Bowl.

last edited at Apr 27, 2019 5:15PM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Chaotic but seems to be getting better as it goes. I love action and while nothing amazingly original the lead characters do seem fun. Bonus points for two hawt teachers.

last edited at Apr 27, 2019 11:10PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I’m just going to say I’ve read enough shounen manga to tell you all that this really isn’t all that “messy”
I mean, compared to most yuri manga that is just characters standing in one place talking, maybe it does seem chaotic

Both have a very "too busy" feeling to them, IMHO. It's like the mangaka are bursting with ideas and are super excited and want everyone to see what's in their head, but the end result is too much in every panel and it's a tad overwhelming. The art is great! Just... it's like a glitter bomb went off in a small room, there's just too much shiny everywhere.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

maybe bad shounen that is also messy lol. i really tried to give this a go but it was like all my brain could comprehend was what the fuck? lol. this was not pleasant to read.

joined Oct 15, 2014

I mean I don't read other manga except Yuri and it not THAT messy. You need to re-read it a couple more times. Also subscribed, curious to see how the story goes.

last edited at Apr 28, 2019 7:17AM

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

Not gonna lie, I have no idea what the hell is going on. This is among the most confused I've ever been while reading manga.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

LukeDraco posted:

I mean I don't read other manga except Yuri and it not THAT messy. You need to re-read it a couple more times. Also subscribed, curious to see how the story goes.

If you need to reread it to wrap your head around it, then it's kinda messy. It doesn't introduce all the characters clearly enough nor differentiate between them enough. I most of both currently released chapters before realizing there were even two separate dark-haired girls with long hair.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Any news abou this manga or is another forgotten forever?
Anyway, La Pucelle will eventually sleep with Rin

last edited at Aug 27, 2020 1:08PM

12%20weird%20themed%20restaurants%20in%20tokyo,%20japan
joined Mar 4, 2021

The art is amazing. It gets kinda confusing probably because there are so many dynamic poses jam packed into one page…
Still patiently waiting

To reply you must either login or sign up.