Forum › Posts by Pianotree

S-l500
joined Feb 27, 2018

I feel like this deserves a "what the fuck am I reading" tag, but for purely non-diegetic reasons.

Pianotree
S-l500
joined Feb 27, 2018

Not gonna lie, kinda smells like axe in here...

You mean how the sudden leap in the romantic development might be due to an early cancellation?

It appears so.

S-l500
joined Feb 27, 2018

My take, The witch lady is immortal. Ink is actually related to said witch (Less important). The world ended but the witch kept Ink and herself safe. Ink was unable to cope with it and killed herself. The witch doesn't want her to realize there's nothing beyond the horizon and thus stops her trekking too close to the ocean, in fear that Ink would follow suite to her predecessors.

Or everything is way more complicated like Ink is the witch or whatnot.

I think you hit the nail right on the head there.

S-l500
joined Feb 27, 2018

The sentiment of wanting to die first has me the most confused. The woman is an adult and thus better at understanding/dealing with trauma. If she died first, Ink would be beyond devastated. Whatever the heck is going on in this comic, wanting to subject a child to tragedies they're unequipped to deal with hints at a relationship that's less than stellar.

Perhaps if the woman died first, she would be freed from her obligation to resurrect Ink again and again.

Pianotree
S-l500
joined Feb 27, 2018

I really liked the relationship and whatnot. Honestly, if they used the pages full of sex for more story-focused stuff, this would be way more up my alley.

Pianotree
S-l500
joined Feb 27, 2018

I think Nio is one of the heroes the demon king fought, reborn. Ergo, the demon king misses her and wants to catch up.

What if she is actually the reincarnation of her pet?

I mean sure, maybe. Not as exciting though. We'll have to wait and see.

Pianotree
S-l500
joined Feb 27, 2018

Well this is right up my alley. Demons taking chill vacations, very nice. I think Nio is one of the heroes the demon king fought, reborn. Ergo, the demon king misses her and wants to catch up.

S-l500
joined Feb 27, 2018

I am worried this manga is going to be more about these girls' feelings than the aquarium. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about girls' feelings, but the fish! Somebody's got to think about those fish!

S-l500
joined Feb 27, 2018

I am getting tired of the 4 girls being so mean to Torako. Mostly because every single interaction they've had with her has shown her to be a nice girl that is prone to destructive accidents. They should at least have an idea how strong and not to be messed with she is by now.

Pianotree
Eve and Eve discussion 29 Mar 00:51
S-l500
joined Feb 27, 2018

Did anyone else laugh at the reveal of the two satellites smashed into each other?

Pianotree
S-l500
joined Feb 27, 2018

A strange little comic. Very fitting with the theme of Narcissus.

S-l500
joined Feb 27, 2018

I feel this story was very "Japanese". There seems to be some context missing, unless you are aware of Japanese society. Lots of questions, little answers. Kind of reminds me of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō, in which it causes lots of questions but no answers and the characters continue to move on with their lives, "to move forward". Youko is the type of character who has to move forward, even if little has changed on her situation. Meanwhile the future that Megu comes from seem to be a problematic one. She never tell us all the details, instead Youko pays attention to what Megu says, does or act and extrapolates what the future must be like: not knowing that it gets cold at night (?), she is amazed with hot water, never eaten anpan, never seeing city lights of street lights before, finding excitement with school, etc. (maybe Megu is just a simple person to please, but I suspect there is more to it). I suspect the reason she traveled to the past for her cells, is that the people from the future cannot either procreate or their cells are too damaged and they need new ones (which reminds me of Japan's attempt to deal with their population decline, and the fear that if nothing changes by 2050, they may be done as a Nation).

It was an ok story. I feel the ending was a bit sad.

This is a great point. Thank you.

Pianotree
S-l500
joined Feb 27, 2018

This is well done in general, but I just can't get into stories with problems that could be resolved by just talking for a few minutes. I can't enjoy the yuri when it's steeped in lies.

S-l500
joined Feb 27, 2018

I hope this gets continued, I really like it.