Forum › VAMPEERZ discussion

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Aria doesn't seem to surprised by that "burglar". Going by his dialogue, they definitely know each other - he's most likely a vampire too, which is probably why Aria's so ready to bash his head in. He wasn't expecting her to be so violent so quickly, though, which is weird when he opened up with "Back for more, I see". This burglar also appears to be Japanese, unlike Aria.

I'd think he was a ghoul/blood doll/etc, if those existed in this setting. He thinks she wants more blood, aka "back for more". She disguises that she knows him and probably has asked him or deliberately cooperated with him in snooping around by immediately attacking, thus preventing him from spilling any beans.

Although he did spill his brains. #badumtiss

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Spoopy

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

I was excited until I saw the comments

Same.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

The cover art caught my attention immediately. I like the super detailed panels even more. Some of the less detailed panels are meh.

Didn't recognize the mangaka by name somehow. Prism was a bummer, but I loved the art and story. Stretch wasn't my cup of tea. I don't read much slice of life, but the characters were interesting enough for me to follow along for a while.

I'm creeped out by the age gap. I don't care about biological maturity; I care about control dynamics. Most movies, books, tv and other media featuring age gaps do not touch upon the imbalance in capital, legal power, etc. The romanticization bothers me. But most romance narratives only cover a short segment of life and don't show how "regular" relationships often fall apart either. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Regardless of what other manga have done, this chapter already shows a naive girl interacting with much more life experience. I might prefer if the story focuses on the vampire and whatever the heck she's trying to do. The kid can be an observer...

Definitely reading the next chapter, but I don't see myself following this for long... *sighs* It's so pretty...

last edited at Apr 26, 2019 10:18PM

joined Jun 12, 2012

Didn't care much for Shou's other works, so I'll be going into this one relatively blind. I like it so far.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Wow, look at how FRIENDLY those girls act to each other. It's like they're REALLY GOOD FRIENDS all of a sudeen, aren't they? I can't wait to see more of those SUPER VAMPIRE FRIENDS' shenanigans!

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I cant stop thinking about how the title of this work reminds me of those old school days where it used to be cool to use alternative spellings for words by adding "z" at the end of words. Almost feel second-hand embarrassment when I see it being used again. And yet I doubt the mangaka realizes this

Wesaweverything
joined Jul 21, 2016

I was trying to figure out why her reaction here looks so familar. Hitomi??

I swear to God, if we get another Prism...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

When experiencing suicidal thoughts, please call the nearest emergency yuri hotline.

Also, why don't these vampire manga never have proper vampires? Walking around in daylight? Eating?! Come on ...

Okay don't not see that coming at the end (hope it's a joke)

At least they got the despairingly long life part associated with immortals. MC in Seifuku no Vampiress Lord realized immortality sucked immediately.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Oh damnit. Damn. Thats.. just.. why the heck? Whyyy! Aaaaaaaaaaaa.

joined May 15, 2019

Also, why don't these vampire manga never have proper vampires? Walking around in daylight? Eating?! Come on ...

She doesn't even hop as her main form of locomotion, smh

Sample_0bc66a359c3af4a24555c4bef5b4c655
joined Oct 5, 2015

Inb4 the next chapter is the last one

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

It must be a pretty hardcore level of invincibility if she needs a special enchanted knife just to die.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Well, she said that OSTENSIBLY they were immortal and couldn't die. That doesn't mean there aren't loopholes. Obviously while the incarnation of vampires in this story don't happen to ascribe to most "typical" vampire things like fear of crosses or inability to see their own reflection, they do still have some things--like being unable to cross a barrier, and apparently being able to die using what is presumably a sort of specially enchanted weapon.

Though the "eating normal food" most of the time to get on while "sucking blood to stay immortal" thing makes me ask why she needs to have someone stab her to end her immortality; why not just stop sucking blood like a relentless loli mosquito?

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Yessss, finally we're gonna get some sweet sweet Metal Gear yuri

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Though the "eating normal food" most of the time to get on while "sucking blood to stay immortal" thing makes me ask why she needs to have someone stab her to end her immortality; why not just stop sucking blood like a relentless loli mosquito?

Eh, there's a reason few people pick "starve yourself to death" as a method of suicide even as a human; don't see why a vamp would be different in that regard ...

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Eh, there's a reason few people pick "starve yourself to death" as a method of suicide even as a human; don't see why a vamp would be different in that regard ...

I didn't say anything about killing herself, just ending her immortality. :) If she eats to sustain her body like anyone else, but drinks blood in order to retain immortality, why not just stop with the blood and just eat herself to death on pizza and ice cream like the rest of us?

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I didn't say anything about killing herself, just ending her immortality. :) If she eats to sustain her body like anyone else, but drinks blood in order to retain immortality, why not just stop with the blood and just eat herself to death on pizza and ice cream like the rest of us?

Ah. I don't think it's possible to "de-couple" this like that. They are immortal because they drink blood but if they stop drinking blood they don't stop being immortal, they just die.

At least that's my assumption.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

shadesofgreymoon posted:

Most likely the madness that comes from it, maybe for vampires blood is like an addiction that you can't just give up, so if you keep a vampire locked for centuries she/he will most likely wake up like a mad animal eating everything that moves until is back to normal.

And she said that she can't fundamentally die and she needs blood for immortality so my bet is that not drinking blood will make her grown old and creepy but still living, and then she would need to consume blood to get her youth back... So not aging and not dying are separated.

last edited at May 15, 2019 5:21PM

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

Do it. I'm not sure why I should care if she dies yet.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Oh hell no! I care!

I'm here to read yuri manga! What will happen to the Yuri if one girl dies!

joined Oct 27, 2018

I'm really not a fan when authors remove all of a vampires weakness's like that.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hollows posted:

Oh hell no! I care!

I'm here to read yuri manga! What will happen to the Yuri if one girl dies!

The mom is still there.

To reply you must either login or sign up.