Forum › VAMPEERZ discussion

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

For the same reason people like "Abducted by the Highlander" (include glossy naked-chest dude cover) and "Taken by the Billionaire" (include suave dude in a suit on the cover) garbage?

I thought those were only liked by stay-at-home bored ass moms and teen girls with no life in the seventies? Do people still like them in 21st Century?...I am actually worried about mental sanctity of straight women.

Remember the whole fifty shades of grey epidemic? It was a steaming pile of anus boogers but I'm pretty sure s and m became a little more popular after it was romanticized in that piece of shit novel, just like vamps being romanticised since fuck knows when that started... Also, a parody or alternate universe version called fifty shades of gay, done with either just men or just woman as the main characters, whichever one you fancy! That'd sell right? Cos I think I kinda want the Yuri version already -_-

last edited at Apr 22, 2019 11:34AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I would note that shitty Harlequin novels and the like are still a staple on convenience-store shelves 'round where I live, which is unlikely to be the case if there wasn't a demand for them.

Hey, people watch excrecable soap operas too.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Remember the whole fifty shades of grey epidemic? It was a steaming pile of anus boogers but I'm pretty sure s and m became a little more popular after it was romanticized in that piece of shit novel, just like vamps being romanticised since fuck knows when that started... Also, a parody or alternate universe version called fifty shades of gay, done with either just men or just woman as the main characters, whichever one you fancy! That'd sell right? Cos I think I kinda want the Yuri version already -_-

In my opinion, FSOG was way worse than those rape romances. Those garbages were actually pretty straightforward in making the male lead extravagantly predatory, showing that that's how women are "supposed" to be, being dominated by their hyper masculine lovers. But this crap? It was just chapters and chapters of glorification of rape and sexual abuse, while hiding under the pretense of "the new generation erotic BDSM romance novel". If anybody here plans to read the book I'd say please don't; if Mr. Grey was psychotic stalker in the film, in the book he is a psychotic stalker and a full-fledged criminal who should be rotting in jail, not playing the "hot(pfft) CEO". There are at least 5 chapters where the female lead gets raped by him.(And no, not in a rape fantasy way, but in a serious way; she just forgives him every time)

There's actually a FSOG lesbian version though by The Gay Women Channel on YouTube. It's called Fifty Shades of Gay(yeah). It's a parody, but it's pretty interesting to see two women re-enacting those scenes(albeit in a comedic manner). I'd recommend you check it out, it's hilarious. Also, much much much better than the original.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Unpopular opinion: I like where this is potentially headed.

last edited at Apr 22, 2019 3:44PM

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

(Ugh) What is it about vampires. They are suppose to be, quite literally, blood thirsty monsters, preying upon humanity. The evil creatures, that lurk in the night. Why does everybody make them into romantic heartthrobs, that make young girls gush their tighty whiteys? Oh well at least this vampire is working for team yuri. and she doesn't sparkle.

Don’t call it... “tighty whiteys...”

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I actually liked Anne Rice's book about Lestat and The Queen of the Damned (the book, not the movie, right)

Sorry.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Also, is Prism worth reading despite the sudden cancellation? I've avoided it mostly because of that, but I hear a lot of praise for it (tracing notwithstanding).

It's pretty great, yeah. Which is why it's such a shame it got canned for unrelated issues.

last edited at Apr 22, 2019 5:17PM

Maxresdefault%20(1)
joined Jul 27, 2018

A person who enjoys drawing dicks will not make good yuri.

last edited at Apr 22, 2019 6:12PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I go by the name "Grey" irl and have done since long before 50 Shades. My username here, which is obviously a derivative of my name, also predates the books. But now most people assume I'm some sort of hardcore fan of that hot garbage Twilight fanfiction and it makes me sad. :(

joined Jun 29, 2015

I'm glad shou comeback to give Yuri a serious try again. Just read his recent hentai works, i must say he has alot of dedication of world building for simple loli hentai.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I've saw shitty Yuri made by people who don't even make hentai of any kind... Does that mean that they draw dicks in secret? :0
Ah this is a retoric question by the way lol I just found your comment very funny and fundamentally wrong.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Finally a Yuri with vampires that actually kickass and are not full of fluffy nonsense!

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

He can. His previous works are a perfect exemple. Many authors like him can make really good yuri. So rude!

Images%20(4)
joined Jan 17, 2019

i want to see the next. This manga is very interested to me and i want to lewd scene in this manga because this manga have tags vampire and i want to lots of sex scene in manga. 頑張ってください 先生!! 応援しますよ!!

joined Aug 9, 2018

Age gap tag?

XD

joined Sep 25, 2015

Obligatory comment about stretch

Anyway yeah, I don't trust this to be good but more because I've not been a fan of Shou's recent non-yuri works alongside his yuri ones.

Ah, shit. No wonder why the art was so familiar. I love this artist's art and I fairly enjoyed stretch too but I'm still pissed off that I waited and got teased for almost 2 years and the ending was buttholes.

joined Sep 25, 2015

What the fuck am I reading? Talk about all over the place, I might drop soon

Either you are borderline retarded or you have difficulties with reading comprehension. It's still the first chapter and it's pretty straight forward.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Everyone is sad that Prism got canceled, even though it had so much potential. There was material for at least a third volume, with at least two other potential couples (plus the teacher and one of the brother, to add some het in the mix). His mistake was to be caught.

Stretch had a good concept, but it was structurally flawed by giving too much importance to the stretching in the beginning, then progressively replacing it with drama that didn't mix well with the overall comedic tone. It suddenly turned heavy, with death in tsunami, miscarriage and mother issues that ultimately went nowhere. I think he tried to relaunch the manga once he ran out of stretching lessons, but the audience didn't follow. So he wrapped it up. And it wasn't a yuri manga to begin with, because it wasn't running in that kind of magazine.

This one has potential and is yuri from the start.

I can't lie: I'm excited about it.

I'll give Shou a chance.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

This is pretty interesting - and funny! - just from the first chapter, and I'm into it. There's a lot to unpack here:

Pages 4 and 5 indicate that Ichika already knows she's gay, or at least that she's not into men. Her love at first sight with Aria a few pages later makes me think it's the former.

Also on page 5, her grandma's words of "If someone captures your heart, don't let them get away" seems to say that she had a relationship with Aria - or at least an unrequited love for her - separated for some reason.

During their first meeting, Ichika's too gay for Aria to be properly suspicious of her, to the point where even Aria notices (and is flustered by her).

Aria has no shame, and Ichika's a pretty good shot with that washbin.

Aria recognizes Ichika's teddy bear that her grandma gave her. Considering how Aria calls it "Beartrice", she was probably the one who gave it to the grandma in the first place.

Aria doesn't seem to surprised by that "burglar". Going by his dialogue, they definitely know each other - he's most likely a vampire too, which is probably why Aria's so ready to bash his head in. He wasn't expecting her to be so violent so quickly, though, which is weird when he opened up with "Back for more, I see". This burglar also appears to be Japanese, unlike Aria.

Also, I loved how Ichika's reaction changed from Aria just kicking the "burglar", to full on cracking his skull open. She was like "Violence is hot, but not that much violence!"

There's quite a few stuff left unanswered for the moment - What exactly was the relationship between Aria and Ichika's grandma Chiyo? What was in Chiyo's room that Aria (and the burglar?) were looking for? How did the burglar even get into Chiyo's room? I'm looking forward to where this goes.

princeinquisitor
joined Oct 28, 2014

Nya-chan

Stretch followed the same trope as Dragon Ball, that is, start with simple and basic idea, search the Dragon Balls/stretching and then those two series got so popular that their readers wanted more and more so their respectives mangakas did their best to expand their respectives series, but that comes with the price that the original idea becomes a seldom seen decoration on the new expanded story of battle manga/dramatic manga.
Yawaspi works pitching a series, if the first volume of a series sells well then the series gets greenlit to continue with its publication, one good example besides Stretch is Yuzumori-san, because it was originally intended for only a volume but the reception was so good that a total of five volumes were published. So both Ejima Eri and Higashiyama Shou have in common that they are 100 meters sprinters, no Marathon sprinters, so they do not publish series that last longer than a few volumes, so I do not expect Vampeerz going beyond the fifth volume even if it sells pretty well.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

i will read this because i'm dumb

won't we all though

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

A new one from Shou huh? So now that we have the obligatory 6 pages of back issues dealt with, let's see what we get. Am looking forward to seeing where this goes.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Doctor_Hoot posted:

Author aside, I've not once read anything with lesbian vampires that wasn't seriously flawed in some way

I feel like an uncultured memeslut because the only things with lesbian vampires I can recall right now are Carmilla. Adventure Time and Homosucc.

There were two yuri manga about vampires that started like 2 years ago and you can find them here............ Both were cancelled (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Sorry to go off topic for a sec but Seifuku no Vampiress Lord was cancelled??

Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

juanelric posted:

(https://i.imgur.com/sNUTWcF.png)

(https://i.imgur.com/Gqc9r0k.gif)

The art is really nice, and both the vampire lead and that guy are intriguing. I wonder if it will turn out to be an action yuri, personally I'm hoping so.

So far, the one vampire yuri manga I really like is Seifuku no Vampiress Lord.

Sparkle sparkle sparkle!

Also, that souns interesting. Might check it out.

The #1 most important part of being a vampire is tracksuits

Followed by milk

KangaNoodles posted:

First I thought 'pfffft, another vampire Yuri manga'(ummm, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't into the whole Yuri vampires trope tho teheh) and now..... I'm looking forward to the next chapter #stillwaitingonseifukunovampiresslordupdates

#whyamistillwaitingforthisworldtostophating #randomsonglyrics

ravenel posted:

Doctor_Hoot posted:

Author aside, I've not once read anything with lesbian vampires that wasn't seriously flawed in some way

I feel like an uncultured memeslut because the only things with lesbian vampires I can recall right now are Carmilla. Adventure Time and Homosucc.

There were two yuri manga about vampires that started like 2 years ago and you can find them here............ Both were cancelled (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Sorry to go off topic for a sec but Seifuku no Vampiress Lord was cancelled??

Apparently it finished at 28 chapters, but that means there's still a bunch of untranslated chapters

Norainhere posted:
During their first meeting, Ichika's too gay for Aria to be properly suspicious of her, to the point where even Aria notices (and is flustered by her).

Hm can she read minds or something?

Also, I loved how Ichika's reaction changed from Aria just kicking the "burglar", to full on cracking his skull open. She was like "Violence is hot, but not that much violence!"

I was trying to figure out why her reaction here looks so familar. Hitomi??

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 11:59PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.