Forum › A Room For Two discussion

joined Oct 3, 2016

^ that's always been the basis if her concern. But apparently Kasumi was in the mood to go with it. And since she misheard Kasumi, herself, was thinking about kissing Sakurako.

joined Oct 3, 2016

An so begins the two month wait.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

An so begins the two month wait.

What? Is that how long we have to wait before we get the next chapter?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

“Kasumi can’t imagine life without Sakurako but are they dating?”

Not really sure if anyone actually cares about that at this point. I think the college chapters have framed it well enough by now, that there is no merit to any kind of discussion whatsoever about it.

It's not like there has been anxiety or tension of that sort in RfT for a long time. Relationship just exists and that's all there is to it.

Hush now, there are people who are very invested in pretending there's a huge, active faction of people still arguing that they have no real connection to each other. You don't want to take that away from them, do you?

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

At first it was pretty funny with Kasumi shooting down Sakurako’s idea for children, but as it kept happening I got the feeling that, adopted or otherwise, Kasumi didn’t really seem up for it. Every time Sakurako brought it up she would change the subject.

Interesting idea, I wonder if they’ll do anything with it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Not really sure if anyone actually cares about that at this point. I think the college chapters have framed it well enough by now, that there is no merit to any kind of discussion whatsoever about it.

It's not like there has been anxiety or tension of that sort in RfT for a long time. Relationship just exists and that's all there is to it.

Hush now, there are people who are very invested in pretending there's a huge, active faction of people still arguing that they have no real connection to each other. You don't want to take that away from them, do you?

Jeez, having a little fun here. Pretty obviously the last few chapters have settled the matter in the manner the story is going to settle it.

Fine, back to hand-holding sex jokes it is.

(A while ago I joked that to get any closer Sakurako would have to wear Kasumi as a suit, but now Kasumi’s wearing Saku as a cape. I feel like starting a Kickstarter to keep Sakurako supplied with alcohol.)

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Sorry to bother, but you might want to correct the word "stolen" at page 8 of chapter 56.

That said, I can see their first fight will be over having their first child, regardless of the means they'll use for that.

last edited at Apr 16, 2019 10:35AM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Arisa vs. Sakurako, who is more dangerously gay?

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

^Do you mean Arisa with or without her memories? Because if you mean with her memories, then that would be a tough call...

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I can't even.
I want to comment on every single page.
Heck, I want to comment on every single panel.
I'm manic-obsessive about this manga. It's getting worse with every new chapter.
ARfT addiction. I've got it bad, doc.

I think the two-month pause before ch57 will do me good... ( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ)

joined Jul 4, 2018

‘If two eggs could produce a child’...
That hit me hard right there...

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

^Do you mean Arisa with or without her memories? Because if you mean with her memories, then that would be a tough call...

Does it really matter which Arisa, though?

joined Jun 30, 2015

Man, I fear that Sakurako might try something to make that "two eggs" into reality.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Lol, Kasumi looked pretty horrified by the idea of two women being able to have children. I'd be horrified too, not needing birth control is one of the biggest perks of a lesbian relationship lol

joined Jun 12, 2015

Such a powerful image, and now people wanting Sakurako to ride Kasumi must be satisfied right ?

At first it was pretty funny with Kasumi shooting down Sakurako’s idea for children, but as it kept happening I got the feeling that, adopted or otherwise, Kasumi didn’t really seem up for it. Every time Sakurako brought it up she would change the subject.

Interesting idea, I wonder if they’ll do anything with it.

To be fair this time it's Kasumi who brought the subject up first, and in the off chance it ever become a serious plot point, I really doubt she would be against if that would make Sakurako really happy

(A while ago I joked that to get any closer Sakurako would have to wear Kasumi as a suit, but now Kasumi’s wearing Saku as a cape. I feel like starting a Kickstarter to keep Sakurako supplied with alcohol.)

That a sound plan, until you remember that alcohol effect on Sakurako can go from making her a kissing monster to making her want to cut open Kasumi stomach, so who knows what kind of thing she will want to do next...

joined Apr 6, 2019

Jeez, having a little fun here. Pretty obviously the last few chapters have settled the matter in the manner the story is going to settle it.

I think the crux of the problem would be this: this manga was tagged by Dynasty as "NOT YURI, JUST SUBTEXT" for years.

I remember that the Dynasty admins, when they started uploading Futaribeya, long time ago, actually didn't have a clue what the story was about. So they went to Erica Friedman's website to read about it, and found that Erica, in her Futaribeya review, stated that:

"There is no Yuri here."

"Doesn't have the slightest hint of Yuri."

"Has no actually Yuri beyond a tense moment in a single panel once a volume."

"Yuri exists only in the headcanon of dedicated readers."

"The art of the two main characters snuggling does not appear in or have anything to do with the actual printed content of the manga."

"Every once in a while Kasumi and Sakurako are too close and suddenly looking too deeply into each other’s eyes, before they pull away in embarrassment. Bwah~ bwah~waaaahhh~."

"There is no Yuri between the covers, but entirely in between the readers’ ears."

"This is a generic 4-koma school life comedy that is considered Yuri only by the kinds of people who cannot imagine two women sharing a room who are not in love."

"Overall Ratings:
Yuri – Not there
Interest – Not really worth reading"

So the admins tagged it as subtext only, not yuri, and loads of readers believed it. That's why there used to be so many posts debating the 'hints of dating' between them, and whether we as fans could assume them to be a couple. In time the admins realized their mistake and corrected the tagging, and that was how the silly debate came to an end. And the admins learned a lesson: never trust Erica Friedman, never.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Nah, at this point, we're just making fun of how wrong they were, we're not really under any illusion that they're still there.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Arisa. Hands down. Sakurako is really gay, but Arisa is so gay it literally broke her mind.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Most people tend to assume conflict is the one major literary element without which a narrative structure cannot move forward, and expect to see a whole lot of it in any good story. Writers are often judged by how many points of conflict they include in a tale, how these conflicts are resolved, and how neatly and satisfyingly the closure is tied up. The ancient Greeks already held "agon" (the act of conflict) as the central unit of any plot; and, even today, many contemporary critics believe that conflict is the crucial feature of any literary creation -- or, in other words, that a story simply must have conflict as an indispensable source of tension and drama to hold the interest of the audience.

And, well, to all these people, I guess Yukiko-sensei would reply like this:

haha-ha haha-ha haha-ha ah-haa BLLLLL ah-haha

There were commenters who wrote that conflict was indeed here, because you could find small conflicts every chapter between the MCs. Reading these two chapters, I wonder what they were talking about. In some panels, Sakurako whines about some minor thing; then, next panel, Kasumi mollifies her and Sakurako is happy again. Are they taking these humorous 2-panel sequences as examples of conflict?
That might fit the basic dictionary definition of conflict, but not quite the definition of conflict as the "central unit of the plot" in literature.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

So did it finally go somewhere or it's still subtext?

joined Jun 12, 2015

Arisa. Hands down. Sakurako is really gay, but Arisa is so gay it literally broke her mind.

With the reveal a few chapter back that Sakurako forget most of her middle school year after meeting Kasumi despite having a perfect memory, I wouldn't be surprised if she got mind-broke at some point too...

So did it finally go somewhere or it's still subtext?

We are all waiting for the marriage chapter to be sure

joined Oct 27, 2018

"This is a generic 4-koma school life comedy that is considered Yuri only by the kinds of people who cannot imagine two women sharing a room who are not in love."

"Overall Ratings:
Yuri – Not there
Interest – Not really worth reading"

So the admins tagged it as subtext only, not yuri, and loads of readers believed it. That's why there used to be so many posts debating the 'hints of dating' between them, and whether we as could assume them to be a couple. In time the admins realized their mistake and corrected the tagging, and that was how the silly debate came to an end. And the admins learned a lesson: never trust Erica Friedman, never.

Oh God, Erica Friedman, she tried claiming that YagaKimi was about a coercive non consensual relationship, which Is weird because YagaKimi emphasizes consent more than any yuri manga I've ever read. She also tried claiming that Yuu wasn't in love with Touko all the way upto volume 5. She makes me wonder if she even reads the manga she reviews.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^She did spend half the last 2 chapters draped all over her lol. Not that she minded much beyond her being a bit heavy.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

^True that.

And I've never heard of this Erica Friedman, but she sounds crazy beyond reason.

last edited at Apr 16, 2019 4:01PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I do get the feeling it's just as bad in Japan, though. 52-53 already felt like responses to exact this kind of comments, and 56 just came and spelled out in plain text what their relationship was like, and I doubt Yukiko actually reads what we have to say here on Dynasty. May just be me projecting, though.

last edited at Apr 16, 2019 4:30PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.