Forum › A Room For Two discussion

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Whether it's Kasumi-chan's belly-scent scratch-and-sniff cards (invented by Sakurako) or the fact that top student Sakurako can work both parts of kekkonsuru into a game made up of the kana of her name, we learn something every time from Futaribeya.

joined May 7, 2011

Whether or not they have jumped through all culturally expected courtship hoops, I'd say these two are about as firmly pair-bonded as they can be. As to them being sexually active, its hard for me to believe they are not, given how physically intimate they are. On the other hand, I can hear Kasumi say "Its too much work to get aroused and having an orgasm is even more work".

joined Jul 26, 2016

Whether or not they have jumped through all culturally expected courtship hoops, I'd say these two are about as firmly pair-bonded as they can be. As to them being sexually active, its hard for me to believe they are not, given how physically intimate they are. On the other hand, I can hear Kasumi say "Its too much work to get aroused and having an orgasm is even more work".

I figure Sakurako would be fine doing all the work involved, as it were...

joined Mar 8, 2019

I know people tend to assign a variety of romantic symbolisms to the different parts of the body on which you can wear jewelry. I wonder if there's a special meaning for the pinky finger of the right hand.

Pinky Rings

In short, we’re being trolled by the vagueness yet again or it’s merely a coincidence.

Kasumi = Pillow Princess but I’m pretty sure she’ll be willing to put in a little effort from time to time. The room just has to be cold.

last edited at Apr 8, 2019 11:26PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

You can at least drink in a cat cafe without getting any cat hair in your coffee or tea I succeeded.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I know people tend to assign a variety of romantic symbolisms to the different parts of the body on which you can wear jewelry. I wonder if there's a special meaning for the pinky finger of the right hand.

Pinky Rings

In short, we’re being trolled by the vagueness yet again or it’s merely a coincidence.

Yeah, I see. Keeping the details ambiguous: a specialty of Yukiko-sensei.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

It will be hilarious watching people heads explode if the author ever just randomly drops in a sex scene or even just a clearly defined before and after scenes.

They are already in their 20s so it isn't even like a underage issue is there anymore.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Aah... so Kasumi would be going at it in the traditional Japanese way...

Also known as the "Dead Fish" way.

But I wonder -- will it work on a woman as well as it's supposed to work on a man? lol

joined Jul 26, 2016

But I wonder -- will it work on a woman as well as it's supposed to work on a man? lol

Well, Mimi adapted quickly enough... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

When did they start dating? I swear I´ve missed something XD
Are their kisses deleted scenes?

There were a couple of kisses and countless sexual advances made by Sakurako over the course of the story, but just very recently in chapter 53 we saw Kasumi show the very first concrete sign we have been given that she is beginning to see Sakurako in a romantic light rather than just harboring a deep platonic love for her.

Kasumi gave her a light kiss on the lips totally of her own volition, with zero prompting from Sakurako, and it was adorable. The look of shock on Sakurako's face was priceless. It's one of my favorite yuri kiss scenes in recent memory despite just being a short, simple peck on the lips

Up until now the dynamic has been extremely one sided when it comes to physical affection. Sakurako has traditionally always been the only one showing an interest in physical intimacy. She is always the one initiating and pushing for skinship. Kasumi generally has been quite content to indulge her on it and seems to like how happy it makes Sakurako, but she always shuts her down if she starts taking it in a sexual direction.

This kiss is a really important turning point in the story because it is the first solid evidence we have been given that Kasume is starting to see the deep love between them as something more than just platonic. Sakurako remains unchanged in that she is an incredibly thirsty lesbian dying for a sip from a tall cool glass of Kasumi.

It looks like Sakurako might finally get her wish if things keep heading in this direction.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

You can at least drink in a cat cafe without getting any cat hair in your coffee or tea I succeeded.

A stroke of luck I assure you. The very air is contaminated with fur at all times and even opening your mouth may lead to suffocation.

But those cats are just so darn cute.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Married, dating, a couple, call it whatever the fuck you want—my position is that these two have been together ever since this moment in Chapter 1:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch01#16

@Heavensrun
This thing that @Blaastar posted is one of the reasons why I said "not from the first moment" rather than "not from the first chapter", because I knew there were indications throughout the first chapter, too.

joined Oct 3, 2016

Like I said: The whole intimacy thing is completely cooperative. Kasumi initiates Sakurako escalates. When the escalation goes too high Kasumi brings Sakurako back down to reasonable levels

last edited at Apr 9, 2019 3:55AM

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

confirmed relationship soon or is it another 30 chapters away you think?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

And so in the year of our Goddess Madoka, 2019, the eternal feud continues. Two extremist factions war for their personal perspective in the Battle of two for the room .

Faction 1: "They are totally fucking like rabbits off-screen since chapter 1."
Assertive, slightly delusional, but unstoppable.

Faction 2: "I think their love is platonic and they have never even shown a single sign of liking each other romantically in all 50+ chapters."
Pessimistic, slightly air-headed, but steadfast.

This room doesn't have enough space for both. This is truly not a room for two.
What they don't realize is that the moderates who just take the story as it is are already relaxing in the room under the cool AC, drinking sakura juice in the morning mist.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

drinking sakura juice in the morning mist.

ISWYDT.

joined Oct 22, 2018

ISWYDT

Please translate, because I want to know whether my reaction was similar to yours.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

sakura(ko) juice? A shot in the dark, or at least the first that comes to mind

joined Jul 26, 2016

ISWYDT

Please translate, because I want to know whether my reaction was similar to yours.

"I See What You Did There"

joined Jun 12, 2015

For some reason I can help but think Sakurako would be nothing but completely useless for some actual sexy time...

What they don't realize is that the moderates who just take the story as it is are already relaxing in the room under the cool AC, drinking sakura juice in the morning mist.

Sensible chuckles

joined Oct 22, 2018

ISWYDT

"I See What You Did There"

In that case, the reaction was EXACTLY the same.

joined Apr 6, 2019

For some reason I can help but think Sakurako would be nothing but completely useless for some actual sexy time...

I'm not sure if I got your meaning right.
You trying to say that, in a session of KasuSaku sex, Sakurako would be useless at pleasing Kasumi??

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm not sure if I got your meaning right.
You trying to say that, in a session of KasuSaku sex, Sakurako would be useless at pleasing Kasumi??

No way—on special nights Kasumi just brings home a box of brandied cherries . . .

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Aah... so Kasumi would be going at it in the traditional Japanese way...

Lmao, those definitions in the Urban Dictionary are hilarious.

Just so y'all know, the tiny blonde wrapped in the bath towel is Kiley, the one who usually took 30 or 40 minutes to do what Suzi did in 17 minutes with her guitarist fingers. Small world. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Just so y'all know, the tiny blonde wrapped in the bath towel is Kiley, the one who usually took 30 or 40 minutes to do what Suzi did in 17 minutes with her guitarist fingers. Small world.
( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Speaking of which, that small world came to an end just the other day. After more than 10 years, Ménage à 3 reached a conclusion in this final strip. It was one of the oldest webcomics out there, but the creative team decided to bring the curtain down. So long, Zii, DiDi, Kiley, Sonya and everyone in the cast...

To reply you must either login or sign up.