Forum › Working Adults Yuri discussion

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I hope their relationship wasn't the same as the girlfriend's last one. The OL said her girlfriend was being abused not neglected.

That line about a "cold home" makes me think it was both. :/

23131889_285323998648077_5029786755005305904_n
joined Jan 11, 2019

To me looks just like she left. I can't see why do you think she died '-'

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I hope their relationship wasn't the same as the girlfriend's last one. The OL said her girlfriend was being abused not neglected.

That line about a "cold home" makes me think it was both. :/

Yeah, your right. The OL told her "I promise to not make you feel lonely again.". It's a shame the OL forgot her promise. The girl sounds like the girl really had no luck in love.
Honestly it seems like the girl should take time and learn how to be her own woman. It's almost like she is a pet. Totally dependant on her lovers to take care of her.

last edited at Mar 16, 2019 1:49AM

Quiescent-Rose
Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

So so far Yuri Drill vol 2 is 2/2 for depressing oneshots. I wonder if I can safely blacklist it and ignore any future stories.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I love how Shuninta's mind works. She takes something that should be fluffy and happy, then shows it for what it really is, all the while making a point. It's kind of glorious considering how short it is.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

That was good. Really got to me. Watching someone work so hard and still miss the point. A tiny bit hard to imagine the other lady not being able to notice ( and speak up about it if she couldn't see it) but I guess that's what we got.

If they can't get back together I canyon help but imagine the workaholic getting with someone who really apprrcites her. She seemed like such a catch. Hopefully she learned from this. And the same to the other lady.

Nua%20pp
joined Feb 17, 2019

NAaaaaaah D: the end has a bitter taste

joined Mar 12, 2019

Looks like Amano Shuninta has had her share of unlucky relationships... but this is also very realistic, people who can never recover from feeling lonely leave if they get the wrong idea. And the modern workaholic culture causes loved ones to drift apart physically, and one party ends up drowning in work and forgetting personal promises.

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 2:28AM

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

Well shit here I though she was having an affair

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Looks like a suitcase on page 109, so she left. One might argue that it's not really adult yuri with basic communication incompetence like this. Was expecting the worst when I saw Shuninta's name, though.

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 11:06AM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Somebody call Guinness, because i'm pretty sure we've got some world-record contenders on the "long jumping to conclusions" category.

Are you all the kind of people that freak out if someone doesn't text you back within a minute? There is nothing in this manga that suggests that she jumped, or killed herself in any way, or left her girlfriend, and certainly nothing suggesting shew went back to her husband or another guy.

She left the room. That's it. The empty apartment is meant to be lonely, and we're supposed to recognize that there's a disconnect between how the two women are feeling, but that doesn't mean the world has ended or that anybody's gone suicidal.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Looks like a suitcase on page 109, so she left. One might argue that it's not really adult yuri with basic communication incompetence like this. Was expecting the worst when I saw Shuninta's name, though.

The shot of the girl with the suitcase is the happy working girl, not the neglected girlfriend. Look at the hair length and the energetic nature of the panel.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

uh? that's it?

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

story of my life SIGH

joined Mar 6, 2019

Ah, the classic "lack of communication leads to break up" story. Seriously, in 99% yuri dramas most problems would be solved by a simple conversation. Sigh, I guess it's the unspoken (haha, get it?) rule of "no talking, only doing" type of writing style, so prevalent in romance manga overall.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

To all the people grieving in here, she just went to sleep because there was no joy in watching the fireworks alone after all that anticipation.

I'll go with this if you don't mind me.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I'm not surprised. This was an Amano Shuninta manga after all.

I always see a comment similar to this, but the fact is their works are full of fluffy happy endings with couple of downers in the mix if you go through them, at least as far as the selection here on Dynasty is concerned. Did everyone just read 'The Feelings We All Must Endure' and decide every Amano Shuninta story is like that or what?

I will admit that I am still pissed about that manga.

0dbae31b163ae538beb6a331793cac8117bb9a9c_00
joined Oct 1, 2018

Since page 3-4 already expecting that kind of happiness will be crushed, and yeah that empty room implies she left the apartment. She left her because she's too hardworking (typical reason), even though she did it to give her a better life. So I'm not disappointed.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

There is zero evidence the girl left or killed herself. People here watch too much K-drama.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

The shot of the girl with the suitcase is the happy working girl, not the neglected girlfriend. Look at the hair length and the energetic nature of the panel.

You're right.

This still leaves us with a story where at worst, she left, and at best, basically nothing happened at all because they won't talk to each other.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

You're right.

This still leaves us with a story where at worst, she left, and at best, basically nothing happened at all because they won't talk to each other.

Given that it's just a narrow slice of their life together, I doubt any major life changes are happening during this story. The point of the story is probably just to remind people not to take their partners for granted and that neglect can happen with the best of intentions.

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

Bruh. This is so unfinished!! What we need is a continuation of when her girlfriend comes back from her business trip and they have a long and real talk about communication and insecurities. Because that short haired lady needs to be more open to talking about her issues, and for the other to take a chill pill for a sec and sit down and listen.
Communication is key.

Popte_pop_54
joined Jun 25, 2019

The door or the window?
Does that even matter?

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I hope that, in the event of the gf leaving, the protagonist would chase her (hopefully after calling and realizing she is not home, work is not worth losing the reason she works so hard in the first place) and they have a nice long conversation about their expectations of each other and desires from the relationship.

Just because miscommunication caused one problem, doesn't mean it should continue to cause more.

Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

I always thought this had a real ominous ending... until you realise she's upset, went to bed and sulk. She'll wait for her gf to get back, hit her with the classic 'if you don't know' until they finally/hopefully break through and get closer.

To reply you must either login or sign up.