Forum › Jewel of You discussion

Ushi-nooo
joined Aug 20, 2014

How is this a Yuri wins? Looks to me like they're still just friends in the end...

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

How is this a Yuri wins? Looks to me like they're still just friends in the end...

I'm not entirely sure what this author is implying, but think about it like this: if someone left her boyfriend for you and declared that she wanted to be with you forever, would you think all she wanted was to be your friend?

Maybe this is setup for some hellish scenario where Arisa loves Fuwako, and Fuwako wants to be with Arisa but doesn't love her (reminds me of Moratorium), but I would be hesitant to assume that based on the information that we're given.

last edited at Mar 20, 2019 2:54AM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I'm not entirely sure what this author is implying, but think about it like this: if someone left her boyfriend for you and declared that she wanted to be with you forever, would you think all she wanted was to be your friend?

Maybe this is setup for some hellish scenario where Arisa loves Fuwako, and Fuwako wants to be with Arisa but doesn't love her (reminds me of Moratorium), but I would be hesitant to assume that based on the information that we're given.

I agree and the last line seems to imply Arisa plans on keeping her feelings out in the open instead of locking them away or not getting a new jewelry box at all (which means throwing away her feelings)

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

It wasn't a happy ending at all. Her friend just didn't hate her, but they aren't getting together or anything.

Well, I wouldn't want to be hated by my friend. So It could have been worse, I guess.

But yeah, wasn't there an unrequited love tag?

Simple-butterfly-tattoos-designs
joined Apr 24, 2015

#could've been worse

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Fuwako never said she broke up with Date. She just promised to be together with Arisa forever, and to be more considerate of her feelings. Which I took to mean, Fuwako was going to stop letting her relationship with Date come between her and Arise. You know sisters before misters.

last edited at Mar 20, 2019 3:49AM

joined Mar 5, 2016

i interpreted the ending as fuwako wanting to remain friends, which is the first i've seen that happen in a story like this altho admittedly i haven't read a lot of this subgenre. it's kinda refreshing. friendship means a lot.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I still say a close friendship is impossible, when one-sided is involved. The one is love will always want more than the other can give. In the end both will end up hurt.

Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

Tbh, if page 11 and page 21 didn't do SOMETHING for her Fuwa is a lost cause.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

People here are so desperate for some Yuri action that they delude themselves into thinking everything is a happy ending.

How I see, it's your typical "lesbian and straight girl bff" story. Blonde is straight. She was thirsting over whats-his-face, the protagonist herself admits it. There was no implication that she might have feelings for the brunette. She forgave her because for her their friendship is too precious to her to lose. I will give credit to the author for making this story realistic, for taking inspiration from something actually happens with queer women irl (happened to me too).

And I completely disagree with the person who said that the "Yuri Ending" was forced. Sis, there was NO "Yuri ending" at all.

joined Dec 18, 2018

People here are so desperate for some Yuri action that they delude themselves into thinking everything is a happy ending.

How I see, it's your typical "lesbian and straight girl bff" story. Blonde is straight. She was thirsting over whats-his-face, the protagonist herself admits it. There was no implication that she might have feelings for the brunette. She forgave her because for her their friendship is too precious to her to lose. I will give credit to the author for making this story realistic, for taking inspiration from something actually happens with queer women irl (happened to me too).

And I completely disagree with the person who said that the "Yuri Ending" was forced. Sis, there was NO "Yuri ending" at all.

To be fair the ending is left very open to interpretation. It's clear that this isn't "got together and lived happily ever after" ending, but it doesn't completely exclude a yuri ending either. Reader can decide where these two go from here, friends or lovers.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Meh... ambiguous ending.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

such a bittersweet story. now that's how you do a love-triangle story, no unnecessary drama. totally felt sad for the blackhead. also, she's SMOKING HOT hands down.

joined Feb 23, 2016

It wasn't a happy ending at all. Her friend just didn't hate her, but they aren't getting together or anything.

Seems like a good ending for me lol

I agree as well~ and we don’t know maybe we will get a sequel :)

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Fuwako never said she broke up with Date. She just promised to be together with Arisa forever, and to be more considerate of her feelings. Which I took to mean, Fuwako was going to stop letting her relationship with Date come between her and Arise. You know sisters before misters.

You're right. I did assume that, but she never says so. I got the impression that Fuwako's relationship with Date was strained since she lost the earring, since she seems to be avoiding him and spending a lot of time with Arisa again. A lot of this is left unclear, since it takes place over just a couple pages.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if the "I'm going to buy a new jewelry box" implies not just that Arisa's going to be more open with her feelings, but also that she'll try to move on from her unrequited love of Fuwako. Maybe that's pushing the metaphor too far.

last edited at Mar 20, 2019 9:03AM

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

I can see why people would want to see others opinions/reviews of something before reading or watching it, but I've never been able to get behind it. I figure I'll give almost everything a shot just because you never know. I'd rather see it and possibly love or hate it rather than avoid it altogether.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I can see why people would want to see others opinions/reviews of something before reading or watching it, but I've never been able to get behind it. I figure I'll give almost everything a shot just because you never know. I'd rather see it and possibly love or hate it rather than avoid it altogether.

I like looking up reviews when I'm deciding whether to start a couple-hundred page book, or a TV series, or sometimes a movie (though usually with movies I can just start it and turn it off if it's bad). Never once been tempted to look up another person's comments when trying to decide whether to read a 20 page manga oneshot. In the time that would take, I could've just read the thing and found out for myself.

joined Mar 7, 2012

In the end she says "This weekend, I'll buy a new jewelry box. But one without a lock is fine."

To me that implies happy yuri end. She's not going to hide her feelings from her friend who wants to stay with her forever, which tells me her friend accepted her feelings.

Edit: Also Fuwako is wiping away Arisa's tears in the last panel ( Fuwako is shown about to reach out in the previous panel). That's gay af.

last edited at Mar 20, 2019 11:00AM

Fb99a412e56031b0a8f5568f284d39f1435bb314_hq
joined Nov 19, 2017

bruh i hate these open-ended stories . GIVE ME A CONCLUSION GODDAMIT

joined Apr 27, 2017

I don't think it's a yuri ending, more like a Stretch ending.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

I like looking up reviews when I'm deciding whether to start a couple-hundred page book, or a TV series, or sometimes a movie (though usually with movies I can just start it and turn it off if it's bad). Never once been tempted to look up another person's comments when trying to decide whether to read a 20 page manga oneshot. In the time that would take, I could've just read the thing and found out for myself.

Right? It's like saying, let me form my opinions based on what other people say. I'd rather read it myself and form my own opinion, especially since these are so short too. I feel like there is also a tendency for people to sway their opinion a certain way once they notice the majority of comments go in one direction. If it's a 12 ep show or a completed manga series, sure you'll probably be investing hours to days worth of time but these one-shots at most take like 5 minutes to read lol

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

If anyone's traumatised by that recent trash with the het tag, this one is safe. It's more of a "Yuri wins, I guess?" type of story

I was looking at the comment section to see if it's gonna be a good end or bad end. I want a good end only. Seems like this is safe to munch on.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

She literally said "I want to be with you forever". That's pretty gay.

Yeah, and she said it after the other girl explicitly said she was in love with her and kissed her.

Not that it isn't still a bit ambiguous, but there's definitely room for a happy ending in there.

joined Feb 18, 2015

In the end she says "This weekend, I'll buy a new jewelry box. But one without a lock is fine."

To me that implies happy yuri end. She's not going to hide her feelings from her friend who wants to stay with her forever, which tells me her friend accepted her feelings.

Edit: Also Fuwako is wiping away Arisa's tears in the last panel ( Fuwako is shown about to reach out in the previous panel). That's gay af.

You're right, it is Fuwako wiping away Arisa's tears there and not Arisa wiping away her own tears, because the hand that Arisa would have been using is holding a sandwich. (She'd be smashing it into her cheek.) That is pretty symbolic if nothing else. Fuwako wants to make Arisa happy and remove her tears. She's making promises for the future about home cooked meals, which is kind of wife like behavior. Not to mention that AFTER Arisa confessed her love and kissed her, Fuwako came back, apologized for being oblivious, and told her that she wants to be with her forever. In a sense, Arisa saying she prefers home-made better comes across as her low-key asking her to move in or something...

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

^I think that's unfair. Romantic love is always, at least a little, selfish and possessive. While I agree their close frienship is doomed, I can't fault the black haired girl for doing something childish. People do stupid and desperate things when they feel like they losing something precious. Maybe the light haired girl understood that, and forgave her. And heck black haired girl could have done way worse. I've seen more than one story where the gay girl slept with the guy to destroy her friend's relationship. Compared to that stealing an earring is nothing.

I dont think someone's romantic interests are a excuse for mistreating those that they are supposed to care for. Just because she could have been more damaging and hurtful isnt excuse for bad behavior, it's the breeding ground of a toxic relationship. She did something hurtful on purpose, and that should have been addressed.

Its not that her acting out is unrealistic, but it's not excusable. The blonde girl had the right to be upset and while that doesn't mean she should have lashed out in return that also doesn't mean that she should allow herself to be treated poorly.

To reply you must either login or sign up.