Forum › Between Philia and Eros discussion

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

the universal law of romance manga states that if someone is cheating, then someone they know will always without fail just HAPPEN to see them with that someone else in public

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

I bet the dude is her brother. But I'm slightly rooting for childhood friend since she's cuter imo

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Miyuki-sensei it's hands down one of the best, but at same time her work pace it's a huge turn off, probably we'll have a sequel for this in 2019? Sigh

joined Feb 18, 2015

I'd be more intrigued if the main character did ANY work at all to get this relationship started.

Straight or queer, I hate stories that are, "I moped about a girl and then she threw herself at me."

normally i'd agree with you there, but she knew the other girl had boyfriend(s) and thus wasn't set on making a move for obvious reasons. She didn't know until the very end she was single, so it got dropped into her lap after being found out. Telling someone you're interested in dating them while they're seeing someone else would be a dick move, so really it's not so much that she moped but more that she got noticed at just the right time.

And, to a certain degree, she did do SOME work... She noticed that Nika was feeling down when everyone else around her just saw her normal, upbeat personality that she tries to portray to the world. This, combined with noticing the eraser writings, clued Nika in on the fact that Kurumi seriously pays attention to her and probably honestly cares about her, not just about her looks.

There are LOTS of characters in yuri who date a lot of guys, even kissing them, before awakening to the fact that lesbians exist. I'm not sure why this one in particular gets the "slut" treatment when this one or this one or even this one even though the last one actually does sleep around before she commits to one woman, really don't.

Exactly! (And the third one there might have less a than charitable opinion of her former self, now that she's settled down and come to the realization that she's a one-woman girl.)

Alternatively, she removes the bow because she wears it at school to look cute but it's actually kind of uncomfortable and can give her headaches if she keeps it on too long, and there are no plot implications whatsoever. :p
I know that's roughly how I feel about putting my hair back in a ponytail for semi-formal occasions.

That would be hilarious, but probably a bit too much realism.

And, now that we have chapter 3... I think we all know why she was letting her hair down, eh?

As for chapter 3...

Kyou: Wow... you didn't follow your own advice to Kurumi and now she's got herself a girlfriend... and it's one you don't approve of... TOUGH $#!% Get over it! It's your friend's life, not yours! And you have no idea what's going on in her life! You don't KNOW that she ever two-timed anyone because you don't know the real relationship between her and the guy that picked her up. You also don't know if she was actually still dating that boyfriend anymore at the time. (You know she doesn't stay with them long, right?) If you would have talked with your best friend more about why she fell for her, you MIGHT have found out about her seeing her crying in public... It looked to me like she was working as a host, despite being underage. But YOU work at that place as well, so how different is her job from yours? Or did you not figure out that is what she was doing?

Yeah... It's pretty clear that Nika is working as a host. She probably has some sort of serious monetary issue, either because her father doesn't send her enough money or because of the medical bills from when her mother died. I'm betting that the guy that was in this chapter is a relative or close friend, not someone she has ever been romantically involved with. (Though I'm not going to rule out the possibility that HE would like to be romantically involved with HER.)

As for her history of being a serial dater, I'm starting to think that was all shade. I'm thinking she made up boyfriends to hide her job.

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

I bet the dude is her brother. But I'm slightly rooting for childhood friend since she's cuter imo

Hdhshs me too

B61e85481cd305c6139d74d53e7100cf--pixel-ideas
joined Sep 20, 2017

Who are Philia and Eros anyway?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Khoaikk posted:

Who are Philia and Eros anyway?

Quick google search would easily solve this...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eros
And I'm pretty sure someone brought it at the beginning of the thread, but who would read that. Basically title is a more poetic way to say "between friendship and love".

Azumaya%20koyuki
joined Oct 2, 2014

I find it kind of silly when Nikaidou said she forgot her eraser and asked if anyone had an extra one, she just looks back right away to see that Hoshigawa is holding up an eraser. How did Nikaidou know that Hoshigawa was going to have an eraser for her without Hoshigawa saying anything? That was bizarre.

last edited at Jul 18, 2018 2:32AM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

There are LOTS of characters in yuri who date a lot of guys, even kissing them, before awakening to the fact that lesbians exist.

Or bisexuals. Never forget bisexuals.

How did Nikaidou know that Hoshigawa was going to have an eraser for her without Hoshigawa saying anything?

People tend to carry erasers in their pencil cases, you know. As a child I often had two of them with me. (Also, MC looks like the type to lend her eraser to her loved one even when it was the only one she had).

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

There are LOTS of characters in yuri who date a lot of guys, even kissing them, before awakening to the fact that lesbians exist. I'm not sure why this one in particular gets the "slut" treatment when this one or this one or even this one even though the last one actually does sleep around before she commits to one woman, really don't.

Exactly! (And the third one there might have less a than charitable opinion of her former self, now that she's settled down and come to the realization that she's a one-woman girl.)

Well aren't women sluts in general if they are having fun at sex? ;) (sarcasm alert)

0dbae31b163ae538beb6a331793cac8117bb9a9c_00
joined Oct 1, 2018

I like the drama. There's no continuation? T^T

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Is the next chapter not out yet or does the scanlation team just not update that often?

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

god Kyou-chan is giving me Tamao flashbacks from Strawberry panic. Fml.

last edited at Nov 27, 2018 7:04PM

Sample_0bc66a359c3af4a24555c4bef5b4c655
joined Oct 5, 2015

So, dropped by the author, the publisher, or the scanlator?

Edit: looks like neither, dropped by the uploader. The scanlator's page on Facebook has up to chapter 5.

last edited at Mar 8, 2019 10:36PM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

So, dropped by the author, the publisher, or the scanlator?

Edit: looks like neither, dropped by the uploader. The scanlator's page on Facebook has up to chapter 5.

I read chapter 5 and let's just say I'm not really sure if I like it so far
I feel like the author is trying to push them together while making the childhood friend look like the evil one in the process (when she's not) because the childhood friend never wins. Anyways the guy is definitely out of the question though since his face isn't even shown

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The "Yum Yum Galette" t-shirt is a nice touch.

Etqyggh6mxyi1klo3fwjrwrwicpboh
joined Feb 7, 2015

Miyuki-sensei it's hands down one of the best, but at same time her work pace it's a huge turn off, probably we'll have a sequel for this in 2019? Sigh

Boi how right you were kek.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

BOOOM ok, that was something I, at least, wasn't expecting xD I want to know more! ;^;

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Surprised to see, I actually kinda called it. Also lol I refer to Fragtime in that post. What a coincident xD

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Oh wow did this series just tried to avoid unnecessary drama all on its own? I'm impressed..

Although it's shame slut-chan was kinda slutty before, hopefully she turns over a leaf after this. Still feel sad for Kyouko though.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

That last page twist was great. I think the story was starting to feel kind of generic before that, but this definitely seems like a move in a more interesting direction.

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

she friggin knew. that was a surprise

Derp%20gal
joined Jan 19, 2019

Interesting.

joined Sep 9, 2016

HAH! Drama? What drama?

Zaolu-newlandscapes-500x500
joined Jul 23, 2013

Ugh yes, especially that line about how she saw that same vulnerability and was drawn to it. My hearttt TT

To reply you must either login or sign up.