Forum › Fragtime getting anime adaptation

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

I remember really liking Fragtime when I first read it but those were my early days of yuri before my tastes improved over the years and re-reading it now it's an okay series with a meh ending. Could've been a better series but at least it's not garbage like NTR or Shitrus

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I'll admit, I'm not a huge fan of Fragtime. I thought the love interest was completely unlikable and it was kind of unsatisfying. Still, I'll give this a shot.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

YES YURI ANIME

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Unlikely, but it would probably make for a nice adaptation if the author comes back and rewrites/fleshes the story out more for the anime. A remastered version of Frag Time :^)

I’m kinda surprised this got chosen for an adaptation, but I’m sure Murakami’s type of character gets a lot of love in Japan, lol.

last edited at Mar 16, 2019 10:18PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ahhh I'm persoanlly ecstatic for this news. I loved the manga and never thought it would ever get an anime, but here we are.

Maybe I can get my hopes up for an Octave anime now.....

joined Mar 12, 2019

I remember really liking Fragtime when I first read it but those were my early days of yuri before my tastes improved over the years and re-reading it now it's an okay series with a meh ending. Could've been a better series but at least it's not garbage like NTR or Shitrus

Yes thank you!! I’m glad I’m not the only one who hates it. The long haired chick was such a hateful character too. Such a rushed ending for the concept. I also think they swiped an idea or two from Girl Who Leapt Through Time

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

We might never find out why they. Picked this and how but I welcome the adaptation with open arms! I feel like it can make a decent plot with 10 minutes per episode just like Manaria friends (which is by the way absolutely great) or make it 12 with 20 minutes by having a good director and maybe fix or add stuff to complete the whole experience... K-on! It's a great example as mentioned before

Okami Uploader
joined Aug 1, 2013

A random pick, but at this point I'm happy they're choosing any yuri to adapt

joined Mar 12, 2019

A random pick, but at this point I'm happy they're choosing any yuri to adapt

I really appreciate that Japan is being very progressive and accepting of same sex relationships. They are not hateful or scared like American animation studios. I am waiting for a possible Legend of Korra remake with a full on Korrasami pairing and a better written plot.

joined Aug 26, 2015

I forgot I never finished it and spend all night reading it, honestly the begining always made me uncomfortable but I guess I am glad they are picking up more Yuri titles. I just wished they had made a full series of Kase-san and pick kiss&white we need more wholesome animes. Now that I think about it the long haired girl from fragtime does sort of have the twisted version of Touko's personality.

joined Mar 9, 2014

SCREAMS IN EXCITEMENT

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Then "Grilfriends" may have a possibility

joined Jun 12, 2015

It's "Girl Friends"! Not "Girlfriends"! Goddamnit!

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

No.

joined Jul 23, 2017

OMG!! OLD MANGAS ARE GETTING ADAPTATIONS THIS REALLY MADE MY DAY ❀.*・゚✿゜:。*

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 12:51PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

No.

Wouldn't mind that one either.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

is there even enough content for a 12 episodes anime?

with 18 chapters, id say theres just the right amount for a 12 episode anime. at the very least, theres a good chance that the anime will actually be complete instead of ending on a cliffhanger and then never getting a season 2.

Lets be real here. Having exactly enough content to finish it in 12 episodes isn't gonna stop anyone from fucking that up anyways.

Clipboard%20image%20(3)
joined Nov 11, 2018

A Fragtime adaptation would definitely need half-length episodes to fill the runtime with only two sparse volumes' worth of content, unless they add a lot.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

No.

Okay no. But also yes? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girl_Friends_(manga) This one was removed from this site when it got licensed, I believe.

005ejqrjgy1fzoq9y1j6fj319c1sw7sj-
joined Jul 6, 2018

I was expecting an OVA adaptation since its was just two volumes. (Nettaigyo and Murcielago, when?)

58c38c5f-3ae5-4468-93db-a0c64106bb56
joined May 24, 2017

Really? Out of all the Yuri manga why Fragtime?! Hooray for Yuri, but I would like to see a storyline that's decent every now and again.

Definitely an unexpected pick but we will see how it turns out.

I'm pretty much happy for any yuri to be made into an anime that isn't Citrus or YuruYuri.

YuruYuri is awesome tho. D:

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

I didn't know about this one having only gotten into yuri recently. Flew through the whole thing tonight and enjoyed it quite a bit.

While I'm very glad more yuri is getting adapted, there isn't really all that much "woke" yuri to make into anime.

I really appreciate that Japan is being very progressive and accepting of same sex relationships. They are not hateful or scared like American animation studios. I am waiting for a possible Legend of Korra remake with a full on Korrasami pairing and a better written plot.

I'm not sure "Japan is so progressive" is exactly the right way to put it. They seem to be culturally aware of homosexuality, but in many cases not take it super seriously.

There's lots of: "oh they're just in high school, so they're in a phase, it'll pass." Also, it's not exactly easy to find yuri where the characters outright say that they are lesbians: "I mean she's a girl, but I still like her anyway." Nor are we often shown successful long term gay relationships as we've been starting to see in "western" stuff (i.e. gay moms/dads, etc (especially in cartoons like SU and She-Ra)). I also feel like in almost every yuri with a sex scene at least one girl has to protest a bit; which I think is more about Japan's view of how women should behave than an interpretation of lesbians.

Yaoi/BL is it's own version of not being all that positive. I mean the word "fujoshi" alone says a lot...

Fragtime seems lighthearted and doesn't really tip the scale in either way. I like that the narration in the end clearly stated "now that I came out as a lesbian." I don't need everything to be some dark depressing story of the painful side of being gay, I'd just like to see more work that is unapologetic about being GAY get published/adapted. Showing some positive cute gay couples goes a long way towards acceptance and normalization. I'm hoping that comics like what Kabi Nagata's been putting out will push the genre in the right direction.

Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

This is SUPER exciting. I loved Fragtime, but it's also just really exciting that an older, and pretty under the radar, yuri manga can get an anime!

For those upset about Girlfriends... it's honestly only a matter of time.

Dd20197dc375013dead600935e307fe5_crop
joined Apr 12, 2017

This is great news! I'm so excited for this adaption!

To reply you must either login or sign up.