Forum › Yuki and the Authoress discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Kofie

I wondered for a moment if it wasn't a mistranslation of Coffee in katakana.

joined Nov 16, 2017

That art and that hat. Yes please.

This is giving me some "Carol" vibes... Maybe it's just me.

I don't believe I've heard of that one?

Carol is a movie, with Galadriel from LotR seducing a young french clerk girl.

She's not French, Rooney Mara is an American in it. Carol is well worth watching excellent. If this manga is anything like Carol then this should be awesome.

Doesnt she have a french name though ? Therese or something. I thought she was french, my bad. And yes the movie was lovely !

joined Jul 26, 2016

That's not a particularly "French" name tho unless them diacritics get involved...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

When I read the plot of Carol, on Wikipedia, I'm not so sure she's not at least of French descent.

"Belivet" is a French sounding last name.

And there's the sentence, "Therese's boyfriend, Richard, wants her to go to France with him, hoping they will marry". Why would they go to France to marry if they are not French? Maybe from Louisiana? It's ambiguous.

At the same time, I gather that it's never mentioned if she's French or not in the original novel. Maybe it's implied. But for the movie, they ignored that bit and Rooney Mara didn't have to fake a French accent.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Kofie

For clarification, the original uses the kanji 珈琲 which, surprisingly enough, is pronounced "kōhī". Given the time period, coffee would probably be a releatively new thing in Japan and I'm guessing the scanlators used the dutch word, "koffie", to represent its foreign novelty.

joined Dec 27, 2018

My, can I foster any hope that someday some age-gap soulmate of mine will translate all of this author's work?

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Half of MCs are non-moe art

There's nothing more moe than a face that doubles as a bottle opener.

last edited at Feb 14, 2019 12:54AM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

"Queer feeling" indeed...

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

When I read the plot of Carol, on Wikipedia, I'm not so sure she's not at least of French descent.

"Belivet" is a French sounding last name.

I'm pretty sure she says early on in the film that her surname is of Czech origin.

last edited at Feb 15, 2019 1:54AM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I can't get over how yaoi this is, that size difference alone is huge. Plus uke girl with her huge eyes who is ridiculously naive and seme girl who is ridiculously cool but the only thing she is weak for is uke girl I just can't deal

Smoking panel was hot though

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Aww, i was going to post that.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Moree i need more~

joined Feb 23, 2016

Which also means weird hahaha if some didn’t know xD but i agree

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

I like it! I love the art and the mood/vibe... but I have no idea where it’s actually gonna go

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Kofie

For clarification, the original uses the kanji 珈琲 which, surprisingly enough, is pronounced "kōhī". Given the time period, coffee would probably be a releatively new thing in Japan and I'm guessing the scanlators used the dutch word, "koffie", to represent its foreign novelty.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. The Dutch were more or less the first Europeans to have extensive contact with the Japanese.

last edited at Feb 15, 2019 12:29PM

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

Jesus Christ those lines are certainly not good for my heart. Phew.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Which also means weird hahaha if some didn’t know xD but i agree

I was actually going to ask about that line. I'm kind-of curious what it was translated from, because queer has two meanings and both could almost work there, but they're also both slightly off.

last edited at Feb 15, 2019 5:46PM

Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

pun intended?

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Same haha, great (yuri) minds think alike

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

Man, this became so short to me, I love it! I would fall for the Authoress too

Flag-001
joined Jan 30, 2018

I'm always happy to see more of this story so cute and I can't wait to see what happens next.

joined Oct 13, 2014

"such a queer feeling" u bet it is lol

joined Oct 15, 2014

"It's such a queer feeling" thats how u know this is very much 19th century

last edited at May 15, 2019 12:49AM

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

getting a bit attached aren't we? The authoress basically has her wrapped around her finger, she def knows Yuki is attracted to her. Will she act upon it is the question though? Sometimes it feels like she's just teasing or waiting for the other girl to make a move.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Oooo~ it’s getting more and more intense~

To reply you must either login or sign up.