Forum › Yuki and the Authoress discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This whole manga feels fanfic-ish for some reason. Maybe that's just me.

What does that even mean? The art style is highly sophisticated and, although unusual, highly professional.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don't think they meant the art style, that's an odd conclusion to make.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don't think they meant the art style, that's an odd conclusion to make.

Well . . . right.

The further question, as implied by my post, would be: since the art itself does not seem to resemble non-professional drawing, and since this does not seem to be a takeoff on or extension of a preexisting franchise, what exactly about the story, theme, characterization, etc. has whatever features are being associated with "fanfic"?

last edited at Jun 27, 2019 11:37AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Well, I suppose the fangirl meeting this super-sexy seductive authoress could kinda be a self-insert scenario that'd be somewhat comparable to what fanfiction likes to do, and since we know so little about the authoress - just those snippets - it could easily be a character from a wider-work where she plays an entirely different role ...

So. But I don't think that's particularly different from many other manga.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

What does that even mean? The art style is highly sophisticated and, although unusual, highly professional.

No, you're talking about "fanart". I meant story-wise. I am actually quite fond of the art. Reminds me of cute twitter manhwas.

The further question, as implied by my post, would be: since the art itself does not seem to resemble non-professional drawing, and since this does not seem to be a takeoff on or extension of a preexisting franchise, what exactly about the story, theme, characterization, etc. has whatever features are being associated with "fanfic"?

Well, I suppose the fangirl meeting this super-sexy seductive authoress could kinda be a self-insert scenario that'd be somewhat comparable to what fanfiction likes to do, and since we know so little about the authoress - just those snippets - it could easily be a character from a wider-work where she plays an entirely different role ...

Exactly. Thank you. I am not talking about the art, it's just that the whole setup screams AO3 fanfic/ Wattpad lesbian story [ Falling for the Mysterious Beauty (GirlxGirl)...lol]. And not like that's a problem, I just felt like pointing it out. But as I said, maybe that's just me.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

No, you're talking about "fanart". I meant story-wise. I am actually quite fond of the art. Reminds me of cute twitter manhwas.

Exactly. Thank you. I am not talking about the art, it's just that the whole setup screams AO3 fanfic/ Wattpad lesbian story [ Falling for the Mysterious Beauty (GirlxGirl)...lol]. And not like that's a problem, I just felt like pointing it out. But as I said, maybe that's just me.

Sorry I didn’t make it clear from the start that I do know the difference between fanart and fanfic.

“Not particularly different from many other manga” was my starting point as well.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

“Not particularly different from many other manga” was my starting point as well.

It all comes back to my last statement, and now I'm sure, that it's just me who thinks this way.

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

Shameless flirting

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yuki-chan is running a high fever—better pop that girl into bed and apply cold compresses to her naked body.

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

Geez, took her long enough

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

Thank fuck, she finally fucking realized how gay she is.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Wow she realized she is a lesbo

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

I'm glad she realized now, it was so obvious from an outside perspective, that I don't know if it would eventually become annoying if the MC never realized her own feelings until the near final chapter(s) at a later date. The trope/cliche of a character obviously liking someone but never stopping to think about it or constantly dismissing it is so common that it's sometimes frustrating, good on the author for not extending the period of "obliviousness".

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Gayness give you a high fever?

joined Jul 26, 2016

[queer feeling intensifies]

joined Mar 29, 2019

Kiss her already >_<

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

The high fever that little gal has can only be cured by two naked bodies.

Ao3
joined Apr 23, 2019

fever of the body and mind

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Kiss her already >_<

That's for last chapter

joined Mar 5, 2016

i rather like the slow pacing on this. plus i like that azuma is so far just straight up an elegant lady and not secretly evil or cruel. her teasing just feels good-natured.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

As slow as 14 chapters can get.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This series was already supertexty, but now it's officially gay.

Photo
joined Feb 24, 2017

The high fever that little gal has can only be cured by two naked bodies.

Indeed

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I diagnose her with gay.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Historical useless lesbian discovers her truly admiration.

To reply you must either login or sign up.