Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

How many translators are working on this manga? And how many proof readers are working on this too? (Translation is great, I’m wondering how many people it takes for this level of quality work)

Depends on the group but its usually 4-6 people on one project.

joined Aug 28, 2016

I got the sense that even Sayaka already knew that her confession was probably going to be rejected (she doesn't look happy at all when Touko says she's going to give her an answer, for example), but she felt she still had to be honest about her own feelings out of principle. She clearly feels better for having done it, anyway. I'm sure she'll be okay.

joined Sep 6, 2018

How many translators are working on this manga? And how many proof readers are working on this too? (Translation is great, I’m wondering how many people it takes for this level of quality work)

Depends on the group but its usually 4-6 people on one project.

And that takes how much time for a chapter like this one?

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

I got the sense that even Sayaka already knew that her confession was probably going to be rejected (she doesn't look happy at all when Touko says she's going to give her an answer, for example), but she felt she still had to be honest about her own feelings out of principle. She clearly feels better for having done it, anyway. I'm sure she'll be okay.

ii had a friends recently go through this. he was simply too late in telling her, but decided it's still waay better to tell them to help put an end to their feelings so they can move on. and i definitely believe this is the better way to go. not only does it give you that period (.) on your feelings, but it's like a farewell gift to the person you like cause honestly, who doesn't like getting told a confession lol.

SlowburnPhoenix
E3b0ae88-e397-4841-ada6-f0d793de4c21
joined Nov 25, 2018

Yuu, no Yuu...love, no love...she find out something so hard by a confession from her best friend? hmmm, i dunno know...i feel that Touko is blind...i really want that she choose Sayaka but well...i preferred that she choose someone less...you know, crazy...(i don't know what word use) But really...i feel this couple so disbalance and i'll be honest...i preffered that Yuu stay along than be with Touko hundred times more...i hate this ToukoxYuu couple but the development is really good...i just want Sayaka found someone less toxic and dumb than Touko is

Sir, I’m sorry, are you all there?

joined Nov 5, 2017

Until chapter 37, she thought she could have a chance. She wasn't sure Touko would accept her, but wasn't sure she would reject her either. It was more a "Touko changed a lot, so there may be an opportunity for me and I can't keep my feelings bottled up any longer either" than a "I know she won't agree to date me but I need to release these feelings".
I do agree that in chapter 38, Sayaka already had an idea of what was coming (though she still looks heartbroken and a bit surprised when Touko actually says the words), especially after the boat scene.
I agree that now she has confessed, Sayaka will be able to move on and everything will be ok eventually.

Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

This really feels good. It's kind of bittersweet for Sayaka but also not at all. Fuckin love it

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Looks like this is the home stretch.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Poor Sayaka. SHE NEEDS A GIRLFRIEND.

joined Mar 18, 2018

I mean what can i say that all the other comments hasen't said 100 times better?...
Can't say i didn't see Touko's answer being Yuu but that doesn't mean i wasn't nervous. It doesn't mean I dislike Sayaka, but if they spent all this time on Yuu & Touko's relationship only for her to chose Sayaka in the end, i'd been pretty pissed...
Now i'm sure Sayaka will find someone, it just won't happen to be Touko.
... Also it looks like it's end game time. Hope they don't rush the ending like with Citrus...

last edited at Feb 3, 2019 12:15PM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Ahh, well, nothing much to add that has not been said already above, but the way I feel now is pretty much the opposite of what the Sayaka in my avatar is expressing. And in her little gay heart, though broken it may be for the moment, I think Sayaka too is now free to move on. This chapter was wonderful, and we can only hope that the upcoming face-to-face with Touko and Yuu will be even better.

(hah, figures I would get the top of the page after using the word "above")

last edited at Feb 3, 2019 3:12AM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Ooooohh shiet! Action!!! It’s finally nearing it’s end which is very sad...
Because most the shiet i read is almost done too
(´༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ`) cries tears of blood

last edited at Feb 3, 2019 3:40AM

Ed452a370d5d73ed7156feba5cbc6a02
joined Aug 9, 2011

About time!!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So, now, how are they going to solve the fact that Yuu thinks she got rejected?

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

So, now, how are they going to solve the fact that Yuu thinks she got rejected?

Hopefully by using the unconventional storytelling mechanic of Touko giving it to her straight.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Your plan was perfect, Sayaka—but you forgot about the ducks.

One glimpse of nuzzling lesbian ducks, and the whole thing comes crashing down.

You gave it your best shot. You might have pulled it off, too, if it weren’t for those darned ducks.

Fad8970e-c901-4004-bae1-4e5d013b5424
joined Jan 19, 2019

You know something really frustrating in manga and media in general? Confessions. They’re a double edged sword; most times, they just need to happen to keep the plot going (in the best case scenario. In the worst, the confession has been the whole damn climax the story has been building since the beginning and as soon as it happens, the audiance doesn’t even feel the need to keep reading/watching). And confessions aren’t bad per nature, but because of the way the’ll be executed. When between two poeple who clearly like each other, there will be a misunderstanding, wrong words will be used, and individuals perfectly capable of forming sentences will suddenly forget how to use their tonges, and when between Main Character and Best friend-who-has-been-in-love-them-since-the-beginning, there’ll be tears, some heated forced kiss and them something like “I was by your side FIRST! How can you love somenone else! How dare you have your own preferences and feelings!”. Sad, but it’s the way things usually go.

But this is Yagate Kimi Ni Naru, this is Nakatani Nio-sensei, and even when these kinds of cliches appear, they’ve dealed with such care and respect for the characters that you ask yourself why the cliche was unlikable in the first place. Koito-san running away, just like Nanami-san being too scared/confused to reach out for her, are action that do not break the characters nature. It was all in there: Nanami-san’s disturbed/unidimensional views of love, and Koito-san’s lingering fear that as soon as she admitted her feelings, the girl she loves would instantly love interest in her. It all makes sense, because the knows them, and as much as both reactions were to be expected, they’re neither boring nor forceful.

The same thing goes for the new chapter. And I’m sorry, Saeki-san/Nanami-san fans, but if there’s something that would be out-of-character is the idea that Nanami-san could reciprocate Saeki-san’s feelings. Nothing on any previous action of hers lead us to believe that she felt anything beyond friendship. This isn’t the kind of Yuri where fall in and out of love with other girls that easily (not saying that they’re bad. Simply unrealistic). Nanami-san loves Saeki-san, for certain, but not like this, it doesn’t how we hope that she could. Like the manga itself says “I feel like a I could be with Sayaka (okay, depends on the translation, but the meaning is basically the same)”... “But”, and this “but” is the very essence of one of the most irrational (and wonderful) things about love: you can’t chose when and with whom it happens. Nanami-san loves Saeki-san, and clearly wouldn’t be opposed to date her (and maybe fall in love with her afterwards) but it’s not that simple, because Koito-san exists.

And even so, the rejection isn’t overly dramatic nor frustrating on some soap-opera level. It’s sad, that was inevitable, but happens between two girls who have known each other for a long time and that are ready to talk about their thoughts face-to-face. The confrontation doesn’t last long (two chapters? Neat.), because it doesn’t need to. Nakatani Nio-sensei handled both of the main confessions in her story with mastery, and considering how Yagate Kimi Ni Naru’s great storytelling made the fandom kinda greedy over time (Mea culpa Mea culpa), I’d say it did not disappoint.

411f6b78af5b5e2958ec5ce7bbc68a45
joined Jul 11, 2018

Ooooohh shiet! Action!!! It’s finally nearing it’s end which is very sad...
Because most the shiet i read is almost done too
(´༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ`) cries tears of blood

Same for me, i am happy and sad at the same time !!

joined Jan 9, 2019

Another great chapter. Finally Sayaka can move on. She's like the catalyst for Touko's realization of what love is. Touko can finally feel happy to be loved and hurts so bad to reject someone she's close to.
Happy and sad at the same time.
Hope there's happy ending for Sayaka

joined Mar 15, 2015

I enjoyed this chapter, particularly Touko coming to realize that loving someone can still allow them to change, Sayaka being able to move on from her love for Touko, and Touko taking the first steps to reach out to Yuu again. Of course, the latter will also probably require some thought and character development on Yuu's end, since she still has a somewhat romanticized view of love (her belief that she didn't cry after Touko's "rejection" like Akari did after she realized her senpai would never reciprocate her feelings means that she may not have loved Touko).

While it was unfair of Touko to assume that Sayaka's feelings were as shallow as all her other suitors, Sayaka did admit that she'd been in love with Touko's "perfect" persona at first. As such, it's good that the discussion on the boat helps Touko realize that Sayaka knew about her vulnerability and imperfection but loved her anyway.

All in all, it's good that Sayaka's love for Touko was taken seriously and her (inevitable) rejection ended up helping move the plot forward, rather than being a way to tie up loose ends.

By the way, Special 6 should be moved to "Volum" 7(add an "e"), between Chapter 36 and Chapter 37. Otherwise, new readers will probably get confused when it references s a scene that hasn't happened yet.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Sayaka dodged a bullet here folks, and Yuu will get to deal with Touko's BS from now on lol All is well! Unfortunately the SayakaxTouko kiss scene I was hoping for will never happen, that's the only negative.

20180801_183554
joined Oct 7, 2017

Sayaka is too much of a gay cinnamon bun :c. I just want all of my little gaybies to be happy..

joined Jul 26, 2016

Sayaka is too much of a gay cinnamon bun :c. I just want all of my little gaybies to be happy..

TBF in any triangular setup like this about the only way somebody isn't getting burned is going full Is My Hobby Weird polyamory which would generally be rather stretching the limits of plausibility. An amiable closure like this is about the best realistic outcome for the unfortunate party.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

TBF in any triangular setup like this about the only way somebody isn't getting burned is going full Is My Hobby Weird polyamory which would generally be rather stretching the limits of plausibility. An amiable closure like this is about the best realistic outcome for the unfortunate party.

Which leads to a rather bizarre authorial dilemma for serial romance narratives—the more fully and effectively the characters are developed, the more fan anguish when one leg of the triangle inevitably gets the short end of the stick. Safer to make the tritagonist an evil manipulator or otherwise flawed or unsympathetic lest readers contract Second-Lead Syndrome and turn hostile to the story in progress.

This was a major problem with the structure of What Does the Fox Say? where a significant chunk of the readership fell in love with the third wheel when the character was given an interesting but overdeveloped backstory compared to the lead.

Sayaka’s great—she’s just not the one, and never has been.

joined Nov 5, 2017

Sayaka’s great—she’s just not the one, and never has been.

This. I tried to imagine how a relationship between Touko and Sayaka would look like (before and after Touko changed and felt ready to accept love) but something feels off.
Before Touko changed, Sayaka would only spoil her which has been shown to be terrible for Touko. Saying "yes" to everything she asks for would have ended in Touko having a huge breakdown eventually.

I guess after Touko changed, Sayaka spoiling her isn't bad. But both are big dorks, so it would be a pretty clingy and lovey dovey relationship lol

last edited at Feb 3, 2019 11:43AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.