Forum › Posts by SlowburnPhoenix

SlowburnPhoenix
E3b0ae88-e397-4841-ada6-f0d793de4c21
joined Nov 25, 2018

What the hell is wrong with this stupidly lazy writing. I thought we were over this kind of stupidity 30 chapters ago but no why give them character growth when they can go through the same trash again and again and again. I like this manga a lot actually but this is disgusting. In my eyes they don´t work together at all. They are so insanely immature and dump it hurts to look at them. These topics aren´t even embarassing they just have literally no trust in each other I mean why just talk when it´s way easier to just act like trash to each other.
So let it be resolved like all the other stupid fights they had so that they can do it again after this because learning is for idiots.

You okay there, dude?

SlowburnPhoenix
joined Nov 25, 2018

I know it's done so we recognize the characters better, but it feels wrong to see little Shima with the same hair when we know it's dyed and she clearly didn't do so as a child...

I’m so glad someone else noticed this and was bothered enough to mention it because it was bothering me tremendously. I usually just read the LN because it’s super good and I definitely prefer it over the manga adaptations, but I like to go back and read the mangas when they get updated, and seeing that was pretty oof for me

SlowburnPhoenix
joined Nov 25, 2018

Now, a couple of words regarding the future of this project. I am going to keep working on it, and I do plan to finish the whole thing, despite the news. I tried to contact seven seas as soon as I heard about it to see if they'd let me work on the project for them, but unfortunately (or fortunately for you, I suppose) they weren't at all interested. Makes no sense to me, but I wasn't really expecting anything more. Still, I've invested way too much time into this to drop it, and so I'm just going to have to live with the knowledge all my work will eventually be invalidated. But hey, at least their release schedule is total nonsense so I got plenty of time before that. I'll also be working harder and faster to get as much out until the date hits.

Anyway, the next chapter should be ready right at the start of the next month.

You’re doin’ God’s work, sneik. From the bottom of my heart, I am truly grateful for the translations you’ve provided us with. It’s complete BS how long it’s going to take for SS to release the books, but I’m truly very happy to have you translate this series. It’s become one of my absolute favorite things to read as well as look forward to.

SlowburnPhoenix
joined Nov 25, 2018

They raised each other up, brought out the best out of each other and clearly have feelings for each other. Only someone who ignores everything that has been happening could deny this.

Abandon things you don't like. You are just frustrating yourself.

Well said, BugDevil. I’m glad that there are people who see my girls for what they are. Two people improving each other’s lives. Seems like any manga I read now, the plot or characters are misunderstood and people want to drop the manga or instead of just dropping it, going on a tangent continually about how much they dislike it.

SlowburnPhoenix
joined Nov 25, 2018

F*** this garbage, I'M DONE, drama over a surname/first name? I AM OUT...

Should probably leave then.
If you don’t grasp what the actual issue is with the characters then you shouldn’t stick around.

SlowburnPhoenix
joined Nov 25, 2018

I dunno. The first manga followed the LN almost exactly; those things that weren't said were faithfully depicted, backgrounds and all, most of the time.

“Almost exactly” although the first one literally skips things and while I do enjoy it, the LN is definitely best way to experience the story. Sure, there’s unnecessary details at times and that’s pretty common for a LN, but I cannot express how bothered I feel when the OG manga skips scenes and you don’t get as clear an understanding of what the characters feel because it literally doesn’t tell you.

SlowburnPhoenix
joined Nov 25, 2018

Wait... Did they fuck??

Get the fuck out, dude. There’s more to romance stories than just fucking.

The truth has been spoken!
Seriously though, what's with people on this site and their fixation on sex in innocent romance manga or polyamorous ships that don't even make any sense.

Beats me. Can anyone who has such fixations explain it to us, please?

Some people don't believe in romance without lust.

Well, Touko's and Yuu's lust for each other has been shown before, especially in chapters 16 & 20. It's not like they are asexual. Whether the last volume will actually feature a sex scene or not, no one can really tell. Nakatani has said more than once that she enjoys drawing lewd, but whether she actually wants to draw it in her story and whether her editor will allow it, that's a whole different story. This manga doesn't need sex anyways, but after seeing Miyako and Riko cuddling in bed together, I wanna see something like with Touko and Yuu too (it happened in ch 22, but now as couple)

I’m just glad there’s sensible people who replied to what I said to be honest haha, I wasn’t expecting it.

SlowburnPhoenix
joined Nov 25, 2018

I think lust definitely has it's place in a romantic relationship
I also think there is for sure a whole lotta lust between Yuu x Touko

I’m not saying I don’t want lust in the manga or that’s it doesn’t have a place necessarily. What I’m saying is when there’s a cute moment like what happened in this chapter, some dummy wants to be like “OOH THEY GONNA FUCK NOW” and while sex scenes are welcomed and even appreciated from time to time, I hate people acting like horny teenagers over these fictional characters that I value dearly. If sex is to happen in this manga, I want it to be a good ass setting and not seem like it would be horribly out of place.

SlowburnPhoenix
joined Nov 25, 2018

Also, is no one going to talk about how Touko changed shoes at some point?
Was it when she took her backpack off? I’m genuinely curious lol

SlowburnPhoenix
joined Nov 25, 2018

Wait... Did they fuck??

Get the fuck out, dude. There’s more to romance stories than just fucking.

SlowburnPhoenix
joined Nov 25, 2018

I’m curious if the last boxed quote is Uta or Kaoru’s thoughts. The whole chapter is more focused on Kaoru and is in shown to be in her perspective, but it seems more like something Uta would be like thinking. Kaoru being happy about being confessed to by Uta would certainly be pretty neat, but I also imagine it would be like a weight coming off of Uta’s chest to have her feelings get through.

SlowburnPhoenix
joined Nov 25, 2018

Yuu, no Yuu...love, no love...she find out something so hard by a confession from her best friend? hmmm, i dunno know...i feel that Touko is blind...i really want that she choose Sayaka but well...i preferred that she choose someone less...you know, crazy...(i don't know what word use) But really...i feel this couple so disbalance and i'll be honest...i preffered that Yuu stay along than be with Touko hundred times more...i hate this ToukoxYuu couple but the development is really good...i just want Sayaka found someone less toxic and dumb than Touko is

Sir, I’m sorry, are you all there?

SlowburnPhoenix
joined Nov 25, 2018

More more!! i really loved this chapter, just a small question did they kiss or hug at the end?

That was definitely a hug, but I’m pretty hyped for the envitable kiss that will come at some point

SlowburnPhoenix
joined Nov 25, 2018

Why would Touko be in a psychological position to return Sayaka’s feelings any more than she is Yuu’s?

The key to the resolution of the basic conflict in this story remains where it has always been in: Touko’s head/heart/psyche (whatever you want to call it).

We assume that Touko has undergone some kind of fundamental change (as indicated by her acceptance of being less than perfect in the acting group), but the textual evidence concerning romance with another person at this point shows no change:

• In regard to Yuu: “I can’t answer Yuu’s feelings.”
  • In regard to Sayaka: “I’m not the person you think I am.”

(I do find her question to Sayaka to be a little ambiguous: “[You love] everything [about me]?”)

I understand why Sayaka is a popular character: she’s pretty and has got loads of integrity and (now) courage—she’s quite the perfect schoolgirl lesbian. But I don’t see that as making her the best partner for Touko, though: they match, they don’t complement one another.

(As one example, people like Touko need someone to tell them when they’re being a jerk. As to whether Sayaka or Yuu is best suited for that role, I believe the question answers itself.)

Totally agree with you, my dude.

SlowburnPhoenix
joined Nov 25, 2018

a threesome pleaseeeeeeeeeee

Literally what the hell is wrong with you

SlowburnPhoenix
joined Nov 25, 2018

Touko x Sayaka, i preferred that ship than the Touko X Yuu, for me, I preferred that Sayaka win the Touko's heart and stay together at last for a while... although I know that this story will end with the first couple...for me, The Touko X Yuu are a very out of balance...for a girl who did too much and another who did nothing than use the first girl like a Toy for her depression

Wait, what?
How on Earth are Yuu and Touko “out of balance” and how do you actually think Sayaka is better for Touko?
Sayaka is more content with Touko putting on her facade face, knowing that that’s not the true Touko, and Yuu wants her to be herself. She literally had Koyomi rewrite the play so Touko could change as a person. Even Sayaka thought that was a good idea.
Also, someone pointed out before that Sayaka always seems to be late when it comes to noticing things about Touko and that’s entirely true.
And dear god, stop me while I’m ahead, but the whole walking towards to stone thing and Sayaka literally getting interrupted seems like somewhat of an indication that this isn’t going to go well as well for her as she thinks.
I’d also like to point out who she must be aware by now that Touko and Yuu are at least a thing and she knows that Touko and Yuu aren’t really speaking right now and it seems pretty shitty to just hone in on Touko since Yuu and her had a falling out of sorts. Just saying. I guess I’ll eat a shoe if I’m wrong about all this

SlowburnPhoenix
joined Nov 25, 2018

I'm disappointed that so many people misunderstand this manga... We've explained time and time again, that the thing that makes Fujishiro tick when it comes to Kurokawa is not beauty, but emotions. When Fujishiro helps Kurokawa, and Kurokawa smiles, Fujishiro goes weak at the knees and her heart beats faster. When someone makes Kurokawa cry, Fujishiro gets angry. The beauty theme is important, but the manga isn't saying that beauty matters most. (Edit: or rather, it's saying that people become cuter when someone does something nice for them. This is a similar to Touma-kun's themes, to mention another yuri example.)

And about chapter 8, just like the whole series so far, it highlights the kind of relationship that women are forced into with stuff like beauty and makeup. If you invest "too little" in your appearance, one camp tells you you're not good enough (i.e. Fujishiro at the start of the series). If you invest "too much" in your appearance, another camp will try to tear you down (the teacher). The asshole teacher isn't just a teacher, the point is the kind of attitudes he represents.

I just want to say that this comment and the part 2 of it essentially are really incredible. I’m glad someone actually gives some genuine thought to this manga and didn’t suddenly decide to jump ship because something they didn’t like happened. Which you may have also noticed, happens far too often from what I can tell. I am personally really enjoying this manga as a person who was continuously bullied in elementary through middle school for not meeting people’s standards of looks and even constantly questioned about my gender because of it. And yes, I relate to it because of that, but I also know this story isn’t just about Kurokawa’s appearance or being cute. I guess some people just see it as a story about beauty and looks and nothing else though. Really glad to see your input on this story though as it makes me want to reference all the good points you made if someone doesn’t think it’s worth continuing to read.
Also a side note that I apparently can’t quote your whole post without my reply being regarded as spam haha, however, I did read it all.