Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Are we still talking about a chapter that hasn't been translated or posted on Dynasty yet? It's a forest of black bars in here.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Are we still talking about a chapter that hasn't been translated or posted on Dynasty yet? It's a forest of black bars in here.

We're trying to be good, since a translation is up elsewhere--when the chapter finally gets to Dynasty we'll really get down to some serious analysis. lol

Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yaay! 4s finished their version!

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Someone must put it here already. Lol. People are itching to talk and analyze it seriously.

last edited at Feb 1, 2019 10:57PM

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Wow, I am late to the party this time. Did Sayaka bang Touko or?

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

https://twitter.com/kusunoki_AMW/status/1091364155578146816
https://twitter.com/kusunoki_AMW/status/1091364156823859200

So Kusunoki tweeted about how the English title came to be. They wanted it to reflect the idea of growth specifically in relations to flowers, so at first they came up with "Blossom out into Yourself." Then Nakatani reached out to an American friend for help and that person suggested "Bloom into You." That's how we got our title. Thank you, American friend.

This pretty much confirms the "Eventually, (You) will Become You(rself)" interpretation of the Japanese title.

joined Oct 11, 2018

Okay. No spoilers here, just wanted to say that the new chapter made me very happy and satisfied.
The themes in this story are so heavy and satisfying, I feel physically stronger after reading every chapter.
It's like going weightlifting where each chapter is a single rep. It's satisfying to see that one finish, but you want to hurry on to the next one and make them gains.
Weird comparison?

Fad8970e-c901-4004-bae1-4e5d013b5424
joined Jan 19, 2019

Wow, I am late to the party this time. Did Sayaka bang Touko or?

Well, what I can say is that she certainly made her wet. Like, a lot.

last edited at Feb 2, 2019 7:53AM

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

And by wet I am sure you mean tears. Friendzone, is that you?

TifalovesAerith
__aerith_gainsborough_and_tifa_lockhart_final_fantasy_and_final_fantasy_vii__1b3d5b3389d43da1956a0fa45627f6c0
joined May 7, 2017

At this point I feel like chapter 38 is everywhere but here, should be even in Spanish and everything

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

How long has she waited to make this decision? I would absolutely laugh hard if she came around and Yuu was like, "sorry, I got over you."

The main character's romance in Kindred Spirits was the same way. "Ah yeah, Imma keep her waiting for like a month, don't worry, she loves me, she totally won't get disgusted with how indecisive I am!" That, at least, had the main character say she wanted time to think about it. Here it looked to Yuu like touko turned her down.

joined Jan 17, 2017

Still wanting that true polyamory ending with Sayaka/Touko and Touko/You even though that's not what this narrative is leaning or has ever leaned toward, but still just ... wow this was a turning point for both Sayaka and Touko that breathes life to the name of the manga. Also I relate to Touko hard enough that I'm an emotional mess lmao

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Love it. I love it to bits. This is one of the first love triangles that I’ve ever really been invested in.

We’ve gotten so much time to know Touko and her conflicting emotions that you want to see her make a choice that’s all her own, ignoring “I want her to be with x, not y”.

And all of these characters are LIKABLE, the plot manages to move forward, constantly changing the status quo, and hasn’t disappointed me yet.

This is a top 3 series of all time.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

How long has she waited to make this decision? I would absolutely laugh hard if she came around and Yuu was like, "sorry, I got over you."

That was one of the last plot points of Girl Friends, funnily enough. Akko got worried that since she took so long to respond, Mari wouldn’t like her anymore.

It’s like poetry.

Cat%202
joined Jun 5, 2015

S31 posted:

It’s like poetry.

Thanks for that PTSD flashback.

Regerfgre2
joined Oct 1, 2014

SAYAKAAAAAAAAA
cries

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I know no one would be silly enough to enlarge that one panel to try to read what Touko was texting to Yuu, but it’s not readable anyway.

Oops . . .um, I’m guessing.

joined Nov 5, 2017

Another fansub translated this chapter, if anyone is interested in a second reading: https://mangadex.org/chapter/529371
It's interesting to see some differences in wording.

TifalovesAerith
__aerith_gainsborough_and_tifa_lockhart_final_fantasy_and_final_fantasy_vii__1b3d5b3389d43da1956a0fa45627f6c0
joined May 7, 2017

Another fansub translated this chapter, if anyone is interested in a second reading: https://mangadex.org/chapter/529371

this one is MUCH better

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Fuck I knew I was smart to wait to read a proper scanlation. Truly this manga plays gaymes with my heart. But I am so on team Yuu x Touko, and now it seems so is the author.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

this one is MUCH better

I just compared them and agree (almost) entirely. In particular, I thought in the boat scene the key word being “trust” rather than “faith” was much better (“faith” isn’t wrong, but the religious connotation is a little much).

I must admit that I kinda liked the other one for Sayaka’s response to the Yuu-love reveal: “Ah, it’s vexing.” “Frustrating” is perfectly fine; I just happen to like “vexing” as a word.:)

Did you see anything as a major change in meaning?

joined Nov 5, 2017

this one is MUCH better

I just compared them and agree (almost) entirely. In particular, I thought in the boat scene the key word being “trust” rather than “faith” was much better (“faith” isn’t wrong, but the religious connotation is a little much).

I must admit that I kinda liked the other one for Sayaka’s response to the Yuu-love reveal: “Ah, it’s vexing.” “Frustrating” is perfectly fine; I just happen to like “vexing” as a word.:)

Did you see anything as a major change in meaning?

I agree it's pretty much the same (even with different words, they both manage to convey the same meaning).
Except in one line, where kusoshop did a more accurate translation:
"If it's Sayaka, then we can be together" (kuso fansub).
"I feel at ease with you" (4s)
I read the raw and Touko said the first sentence. I don't know why 4s changed it. Not a huge mistake, but considering the image of Touko and Sayaka holding hands, Touko was saying she could see herself dating Sayaka, but "can't and won't choose her" because she chose Yuu, the one she loves.

last edited at Feb 2, 2019 8:47PM

Large
joined Nov 25, 2018

Yuu, no Yuu...love, no love...she find out something so hard by a confession from her best friend? hmmm, i dunno know...i feel that Touko is blind...i really want that she choose Sayaka but well...i preferred that she choose someone less...you know, crazy...(i don't know what word use) But really...i feel this couple so disbalance and i'll be honest...i preffered that Yuu stay along than be with Touko hundred times more...i hate this ToukoxYuu couple but the development is really good...i just want Sayaka found someone less toxic and dumb than Touko is

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I'll clarify the choice of faith over trust. The original word in Japanese (信頼) can mean both. But in the context of what Sayaka was literally saying "that you would remain the you that I love. It's an expression of faith/trust, I think," what she meant was that she could only hope that Touko would still remain being the person she loves even if she was to change. What Sayaka was hoping for is a lot more arbitrary since in the context of what she was saying, Touko could change for better or for worse and that's kinda out of both of their controls. In that light, we thought that faith conveys that idea better than trust. But yeah, it just comes down to preference and phrasing.

last edited at Feb 2, 2019 9:16PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.