Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Claiming any of that has anything to do with "human nature" is pretty much bullshit anyway if you look at how common multi-partner maritial arrangements have historically been - to speak nothing of what people only too often get up to on the side. (Most "monogamous" animals are terribly unfaithful too FWIW, though there are exceptions.)

That's attempting to "biologize" sociocultural norms and has the pungent whiff of vulgar reductionism about it.

Not to mention evo-psych, which is basically sciency-sounding nonsense.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

"My Unrequited Manga Chapter". I mean, what's taking the author so long to put us out of our collective misery regarding this story?

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

THEY BETTER FUCK IN THE NEXT CHAPTER OR I'M DROPPING

THEY BETTER FUCK IN THE NEXT CHAPTER OR I'M DROPPING

and not just once

0dbae31b163ae538beb6a331793cac8117bb9a9c_00
joined Oct 1, 2018

idk why some of you are complaining when the title is already describing the story and the story so far is still compliant to the title

i actually enjoyed the angst very much
too many stories where the characters quickly fall in love towards each other and quickly be together, so for once I'm glad we get a serial (not just one shot) that isn't having that cliche
and it's actually quite realistic

either you take it or leave it, stop with the negative comments please, you are reading it for free anyway

but yeah I guess you better go now since you probably will be on rage later if not happy ending

last edited at Jan 22, 2019 11:08AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

idk why some of you are complaining when the title is already describing the story and the story so far is still compliant to the title

too many stories where the characters quickly fall in love towards each other and quickly be together, so for once I'm glad we get a serial (not just one shot) that isn't having that cliche

either you take it or leave it, stop with the negative comments please, you are reading it for free anyway

but yeah I guess you better go now since you probably will be on rage later if not happy ending

This was an incredibly incoherent post. Most of the negative comments here (the substantive ones, anyway) have absolutely nothing to do with whether the two characters will end up falling in love or not. The major complaints have been about the erratic development of the plot points, the lack of focus in the arcs, and the inconsistent characterizations.

The problem isn’t that the main characters aren’t getting together fast enough, or that they may not get together at all—the problem is that, for whatever reason (maybe even editorial interference), the manga doesn’t seem to know what story it’s trying to tell.

Maybe you should try reading and comprehending what the negative comments are actually saying before you presume to order people to stop making them.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

Nooooooooo

Jk, I still have high hopes for a good end. This is just the drama that comes before that

Gg
joined Jul 13, 2018

"My Unrequited Manga Chapter". I mean, what's taking the author so long to put us out of our collective misery regarding this story?

joined Feb 23, 2016

Omg i’m dead the credit page man...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Sometimes I get the feeling that this author would really rather be doing an SOL featuring Kuroe & Co. instead of the storyline this is supposedly about.

joined May 24, 2014

That's one big-ass blanket

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

This author is queen of cliffhangers at least.

I jumped off the Angst train for a bit to focus on other things, but I think it's appropiate to return with this one. The last chapters did seem to focus more on side-characters, but that is honestly a breath of fresh air (and that's coming from someone who hasn't read this in a while). Kuroe is pretty hilarious and their "relationship troubles" feel very light-hearted.

As for our resident token "slut", welp, apparently traumatic experiences lead to inverted iris/pupils. I've seen this type before in real life actually (not the eyes). A broken heart can be filled with many things temporarily, from ice-cream to sex. She is completely aware of it though, so my sympathy is limited. She chooses to run away after all.

Uta... oh poor Uta. Going for the most extreme approach to sever it uncleanly will never work out, but I guess everyone knows that. If she really goes to her mom's place and changes schools this will throw her even more off-balance.
If this wasn't drama, but rather a logical story, the next step is rather clear. Kaoru should tell her straight to the point that it won't work and she doesn't feel that way about her. The end. Closure for everyone. Maybe even room to keep Monster-mom from taking her away.
Buuuuut, as Miyabi just gave her some special advice, Uta seems to now want to give more "direct" proof of her feelings. Because she still assumes Kaoru didn't get it. This will undoubtedly lead to a huge mistake that will interfere with Kaoru's rejection.

There is basically a 0.1% possibility of things getting resolved next chapter and I mean that in any fashion, including just the rejection.

last edited at Feb 2, 2019 11:23AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If this wasn't drama, but rather a logical story, the next step is rather clear. Kaoru should tell her straight to the point that it won't work and she doesn't feel that way about her.

Kaoru telling anybody anything “straight to the point” would be a new development in this series.

She could practice for her rejection of Uta by telling her husband, “I saw you with another woman when you supposedly were out of town on business.”

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

If this wasn't drama, but rather a logical story, the next step is rather clear. Kaoru should tell her straight to the point that it won't work and she doesn't feel that way about her.

Kaoru telling anybody anything “straight to the point” would be a new development in this series.

She could practice for her rejection of Uta by telling her husband, “I saw you with another woman when you supposedly were out of town on business.”

Therein lies the issue, huh? Both of these decisions bear the potential of rejection that she doesn't want to to confront. Uta is just an outlet, so cutting her off is best for her, but Kaoru tends to have a hard time with letting things go. Clingy doesn't even begin to describe her haha

I honestly don't see a "good" outcome for this story at this point. The rule of the lesser evil applies already. We may hope that everyone gets out of it mostly unscathed, but that's about it. Something's gotta give and I'm pretty sure it won't be reality this time.

last edited at Feb 2, 2019 11:41AM

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Uta's problem aside, I'm curious about her could be cheating husband. It feels like it's been glossed over with her having go to back with her mother a bit it feels like

0dbae31b163ae538beb6a331793cac8117bb9a9c_00
joined Oct 1, 2018

This was an incredibly incoherent post. Most of the negative comments here (the substantive ones, anyway) have absolutely nothing to do with whether the two characters will end up falling in love or not. The major complaints have been about the erratic development of the plot points, the lack of focus in the arcs, and the inconsistent characterizations.

The problem isn’t that the main characters aren’t getting together fast enough, or that they may not get together at all—the problem is that, for whatever reason (maybe even editorial interference), the manga doesn’t seem to know what story it’s trying to tell.

Maybe you should try reading and comprehending what the negative comments are actually saying before you presume to order people to stop making them.

"the manga doesn’t seem to know what story it’s trying to tell?"
then why do I know what its trying to convey

just because a manga has a slow pace or trying to tell side characters stories doesn't mean it's bad. I think the plot is more trying to depict just like its title, and to me the pace is realistic too

to me everything happened to the side characters in this manga (even at when they told their past) helped and shaped main characters thoughts, to reach their conclusion/resolution to address their problems, so nope, it's not unfocused nor erratic development at all to me
(those who said otherwise probably just didn't realize this)

man, if it's fast development and has time skip y'all will complain it's too short or too fast and not depicting character inner feelings and development properly

so it's not my fault if I conclude people will always complains about something

either you take it or leave it

not every story is made for everyone liking

last edited at Feb 2, 2019 6:31PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Kuroe the blanket monster

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

"the manga doesn’t seem to know what story it’s trying to tell?"
then why do I know what its trying to convey

just because a manga has a slow pace or trying to tell side characters stories doesn't mean it's bad. I think the plot is more trying to depict just like its title, and to me the pace is realistic too

to me everything happened to the side characters in this manga (even at when they told their past) helped and shaped main characters thoughts, to reach their conclusion/resolution to address their problems, so nope, it's not unfocused nor erratic development at all to me
(those who said otherwise probably just didn't realize this)

man, if it's fast development and has time skip y'all will complain it's too short or too fast and not depicting character inner feelings and development properly

so it's not my fault if I conclude people will always complains about something

It’s perfectly fine if you like it, and, like anybody else, you’re welcome to say why you like it at any length you want.

But when you project about what other people feel or make assertions about why they say the things they do while ignoring what they actually say in favor of what you make up in your head, and then tell them not to do it, don’t expect anyone to obey your commands.

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

A little biting never hurt anyone.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Kuroe the blanket monster

"If it fits, I sits"

joined Dec 18, 2018

Sometimes I get the feeling that this author would really rather be doing an SOL featuring Kuroe & Co. instead of the storyline this is supposedly about.

Yeah absolutely, I have the same feeling. I have no idea what the storyline is supposed to be about at this point. I really liked this manga in its first few chapters that only really centered around Kaoru and Uta's relationship, which were actually about Uta's unrequited love. I just don't really find any of the other relationships in this manga compelling, especially when Uta and Kaoru have been basically placed on pause and there's this really depressing air of defeat around their relationship. And that's different from angst, I think. Like, how can I be convinced that Uta is longing for Kaoru when every other chapter is about this secondary world built around Kuroe, and Uta's just sort of standing around?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah absolutely, I have the same feeling. I have no idea what the storyline is supposed to be about at this point. I really liked this manga in its first few chapters that only really centered around Kaoru and Uta's relationship, which were actually about Uta's unrequited love. I just don't really find any of the other relationships in this manga compelling, especially when Uta and Kaoru have been basically placed on pause and there's this really depressing air of defeat around their relationship. And that's different from angst, I think. Like, how can I be convinced that Uta is longing for Kaoru when every other chapter is about this secondary world built around Kuroe, and Uta's just sort of standing around?

A number of people have pointed out the comparison with Life With My Brother’s Wife, which has a great many similarities in the set-up with this series. That’s a story which certainly is not “progressing” any faster than this one, it’s got a fair number of side characters, and it probably is even more unlikely to end up with the two MCs in a romantic relationship. But it also seems to have considerably more focus and a sense of its own direction, even though readers don’t really know what that direction ultimately will be.

I wouldn’t necessarily dislike that hypothetical SOL about Kuroe, etc. But here it’s like Uta goes to hang out in a different story because not much is going on in the one at home.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

If in the end, this entire story about Kuroe makes sense it will be incredible. Like...is any of these girls other than Kaoru, the one Uta will end up with? Lol why are they in this story?? I don't get it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If in the end, this entire story about Kuroe makes sense it will be incredible. Like...is any of these girls other than Kaoru, the one Uta will end up with? Lol why are they in this story?? I don't get it.

Kuroe herself made total sense at the beginning--someone for Uta to talk to about her situation but who had no personal interest in seeing things come out one way or the other. Her "You're an idiot, but I'll listen" attitude was actually pretty refreshing.

The rest of them, though . . .

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I think it's a bit crazy to expect every character to have absolute relevance to the main plot or to move it onward. They are there to add dimensions to the cast and the world. Whether that is too distracting from the real issue (whichever that may be at this point) is up to anyone individually.
I don't mind honestly, because the main plot is brewing in the background. You can very clearly see where Uta or Kaoru are being shoved in to make that clear. It can also be a bit (read: very) suffocating to always be in the middle of the very painful drama. Seeing Uta's life outside of that confined space and how her friends influence her with their stories certainly can be positive.

To reply you must either login or sign up.