Forum › Joou-Sama no Eshi discussion

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Chapter 23 was really just Miyaji putting his feelings on paper. Honestly, this happens to everyone who has an unrequited love. We play all sorts of fantasy scenarios in our minds where we are together with our love interest, outside the bounds of our real situation.

I interpreted it as more a roundabout thank-you for the role Yukimori played in Miyaji getting over a rather rough patch in life, wrapped up as an actually marketable storyboard (he is restarting his mangaka career after all). Seemed to be more or less how she read it too.

Yes, he was also thankful to her for waking him from the depressing slump he was in. After all, this manga was about discovering your passions either for the first time or rekindling them.

Pero01
joined Apr 1, 2014

And in the end yuri wins. A nice story, liked the way it went throught those two lesbian dorks relationship.

joined Sep 1, 2017

:D I knew if I just ignored the guy - girl thing I would achieve some yuri. Thank you for uploading this :)

There should totally develop more on their relationship but knowing they ended up together makes me satisfied.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

The only problem I see is the sentence "You are the only girl I'd ever go for..."

I took that as something akin to "you're my one and only." Not so much about "I'm straight but for you (although that happens sometimes) but more about "I don't want to be with any other girls".

Which makes it another case of "If it's you, it's okay". So, you know... she's not gay. If Fujimaki gave her the okay, she'd drop the lesbian relationship.

That's not really fair. She has feelings for Fujimaki, but she also has feelings (serious ones!) for Yukimori.

It's a pretty underhanded way to water the gay down.

As someone that is bi, I kinda gotta say, bite me?

They didn't "water the gay down". She's bi. Or straight with an exception. That's valid and doesn't undermine their relationship or the fact that they ended up together.

It really irritates me when somebody acts like being interested in the opposite sex somehow demeans or invalidates same-sex romantic relationships. I've been in love with girls, I've been in love with guys. All of those relationships were important and meaningful to me.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

So is anybody else disappointed that Koma-Sensei never made a move on Miyaji? I kinda ship 'em.

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

I don't like ecchi, I don't like hentai, I don't like hearing about dudes getting horny, but what I DO like is some good ol' against-the-odds yuri; the whole "both female love interests go off and get hooked up with eachother instead" concept appeals to me greatly

joined May 25, 2017

just searched up this manga and the first result, imgur, had the raw with what seems like a few more extras? thats pretty nice

joined Oct 17, 2018

Went in wondering y HET was a tag and left with sweet yuri in the end 10/10 good manga

joined Mar 20, 2012

That last volume was totally worth reading the first three, I never did end up liking the prota (he was too dumb) but I ended up liking the teacher, and the last chapter was 10/10.

Overall I would have liked reading the last volume by itself a lot more.

6f1ccea7-b3f0-4820-814d-bccd7482bcd0
joined Mar 31, 2021

this ain’t yuri at all lol.

joined Jul 26, 2016

this ain’t yuri at all lol.

I'm not sure we read the same series.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

This manga is a work of art. Incredible stuff. Miyaji's journey is beautiful, and we got an actual yuri couple on top of it all.

That last panel of Chapter 20, with the closeted girl classmates secretly being happy about the kiss was a nice touch.

For whatever reason, that Thank you from the one girl really hit home for me. That feeling of validation can be an incredibly powerful thing.

last edited at May 21, 2022 12:48AM

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

glad that the gyaru eventually hooked up with the person who actually cared for her

TOOGAYFOR-----
joined Feb 2, 2019

May lesbian jesus bless the person that posted a meme about this manga in the wholesomeyuri subreddit

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

May lesbian jesus bless the person that posted a meme about this manga in the wholesomeyuri subreddit

Glad I was of service, sir

last edited at Apr 16, 2023 10:27AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.