Forum › Joou-Sama no Eshi discussion

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Man, enjoyed this series much more than I ever thought I would have
It's a shame that it had to come to an end

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

What an underrated manga this was, it wasn't everyone's cup of tea, and sure it had it's own flaws(and felt a bit rushed at the end) but still, for me, it was absolutely one of the best yuri comedies ever. Thank you very much Mankitsu Scans for allowing us to enjoy this work to it's fullest :')

joined Jun 12, 2015

It wasn't the best manga around but it was enjoyable enough. And going through with the yuribait will always get some respect in my book.

And I get to enjoy all these salty comment in other forum about the "Yurshit/Yuribait" ending. Now they know how we feel basically most of the time lol

joined Feb 15, 2013

The fact that they had sex with each other and enjoyed each other company, made this undoubtably one of the most fulfilled yuri ending ever. Well maybe there is still marriage, but with Sarina’s money and Yukimori being a genius, that will be too small of a hurdle for them

I guessed the two guys had some chances, but they were too comicsexual to care about real romantic relationship so.... Not to mention the end hinted that they are now powered by yuri, so Viva la Yuri

last edited at Dec 30, 2018 6:46AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I never considered it a yuribait. Just a comedy story that happened to have a lesbian character. Yukimori was handled very well and just the fact her love was treated and addressed seriously, made it satisfying to me, so them getting together at the end was more of a cherry on the top. I would be perfectly fine if they didn't because that wasn't something I expected going into it. I thought it will be your standard het and having lesbian character (which I managed to guess from hints, before it was even revealed) was already a great surprise (especially since she is my favorite character in it), so the fact they not only end up together, despite clearly rushed ending, but we were actually shown it is serious (as in, they fucked) feels very satisfying.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The theme of this manga wasn't actually yuri, but about being a mangaka.

The final actual yuri salvaged what could have been a standard ecchi comedy ala Bakuman.

It's like the author, at the last moment, saw the light.

Umi_smol
joined May 1, 2016

I never considered it a yuribait. Just a comedy story that happened to have a lesbian character. Yukimori was handled very well and just the fact her love was treated and addressed seriously, made it satisfying to me, so them getting together at the end was more of a cherry on the top. I would be perfectly fine if they didn't because that wasn't something I expected going into it. I thought it will be your standard het and having lesbian character (which I managed to guess from hints, before it was even revealed) was already a great surprise (especially since she is my favorite character in it), so the fact they not only end up together, despite clearly rushed ending, but we were actually shown it is serious (as in, they fucked) feels very satisfying.

I completely agree with you, and on everything you said.

Though, does anyone know why the ending was this rushed ? Is there some kind of postface from the author ? It'd be interesting to know the author's intentions by making this.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I'm glad I finally got to read the end of this one. I like how this manga marched to the beat of its own drum to the very end. I enjoyed it a lot.

As for the ending being a bit rushed, outside of the really big named series very few mangaka get to end their stories on their own prerogative so generally they will get maybe a few issues warning before the axe falls.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Corypha posted:

Though, does anyone know why the ending was this rushed ? Is there some kind of postface from the author ? It'd be interesting to know the author's intentions by making this.

It's hard to say whatever that is how author wanted to end it, but I assume the same thing that happened to any other manga with rushed/unsatisfying ending. It got axed.

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

I want the two girl together

May the guy die =D

Seconded.

Lol. You guys have your wish granted (and probably most of us too). The ending wasn’t bad it exceeded my expectations even if it seemed rushed. Whether it was rushed or not I’m contented with this ending since the girls did end up together and the guy(s) did die but in a good way. It was a happy ending? to everyone.

last edited at Dec 30, 2018 9:11AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The only problem I see is the sentence "You are the only girl I'd ever go for..."

Which makes it another case of "If it's you, it's okay". So, you know... she's not gay. If Fujimaki gave her the okay, she'd drop the lesbian relationship.

It's a pretty underhanded way to water the gay down.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nya-chan posted:

Which makes it another case of "If it's you, it's okay"

And there is nothing wrong with that.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

The only problem I see is the sentence "You are the only girl I'd ever go for..."

Which makes it another case of "If it's you, it's okay". So, you know... she's not gay. If Fujimaki gave her the okay, she'd drop the lesbian relationship.

Nah, there are plenty of real world bi people like that. I used to know a girl that was like 80% strait but there was this one female friend of mine she was into. They actually got together a few times but outside of that I don't think she ever went for another girl. She's married with kids these days.

Anyway my point is bi people come on a spectrum and although I don't know if there is a word for it, there are bi people that are basically the bisexual equivalent of demi sexual when it comes to their less preferred sex. In other words they tend to be mostly strait but can become attracted to same sex friends they have developed emotional attachments to. I have also heard of people who are mostly gay, but who have ended up becoming sexually attracted to a member of the opposite sex that they developed a strong emotional bond with.

Untitled-1
joined Jun 11, 2013

hey, good ending :)

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

The ending feels rushed to me, and I feel like they didn't really spend enough time developing Sarina's feelings for Yukimori (even though there were various hints throughout the series that she felt something more serious for her), but I'm glad that it chose to go with the yuri ending for the two of them.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

The ending feels rushed to me, and I feel like they didn't really spend enough time developing Sarina's feelings for Yukimori (even though there were various hints throughout the series that she felt something more serious for her), but I'm glad that it chose to go with the yuri ending for the two of them.

Tbh, I was expecting a het ending so i'm more than happy with the ending we got, even if it was rushed lol.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I want the two girl together

May the guy die =D

Seconded.

Lol. You guys have your wish granted (and probably most of us too). The ending wasn’t bad it exceeded my expectations even if it seemed rushed. Whether it was rushed or not I’m contented with this ending since the girls did end up together and the guy(s) did die but in a good way. It was a happy ending? to everyone.

I am pleased.

Umi_smol
joined May 1, 2016

It's hard to say whatever that is how author wanted to end it, but I assume the same thing that happened to any other manga with rushed/unsatisfying ending. It got axed.

Ah, sorry, there was a bit of a misunderstanding. I was thinking about making the manga overall. It may be just me, but I feel like the mangaka has some kind of goal by coming up with this story and drawing it. I thought the same for Kodomo no Jikan. I mean, they're mostly comedy, but sometimes I feel like the conversations get deep, probably too deep. Then again, I may be overthinking.

Nah, there are plenty of real world bi people like that. I used to know a girl that was like 80% strait but there was this one female friend of mine she was into. They actually got together a few times but outside of that I don't think she ever went for another girl. She's married with kids these days.

Anyway my point is bi people come on a spectrum and although I don't know if there is a word for it, there are bi people that are basically the bisexual equivalent of demi sexual when it comes to their less preferred sex. In other words they tend to be mostly strait but can become attracted to same sex friends they have developed emotional attachments to. I have also heard of people who are mostly gay, but who have ended up becoming sexually attracted to a member of the opposite sex that they developed a strong emotional bond with.

Seconded, though I understand what Nya meant. There would've been better ways to say that, thus far (and for the rest of her life), the only girl Sarina's attracted to is Yukimori, and just Yukimori.
Though the reason why it can feel off is because of her past hetbait with Fujimaki.

joined Jun 1, 2016

love this series even if it felt a little rushed. Happy end for everyone

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Now that this series has a Confirmed Yuri Ending™, I can finally get around to reading this series!

...Yes, I know I'm a coward like that. Still, these comments are making me look forward to reading through this.

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

Wow, a manga with two male protagonists and a lesbian character that didn't magically turn straight for one of them in the end. In fact, one of the "straight" characters ended up being bi. Thank you Mrs. Mangaka for respecting the gay.

last edited at Dec 31, 2018 1:42AM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Okay, I read through the entire thing, so here are my thoughts:

I liked this more than I expected I would. There were things that really annoyed me - namely, the gratuitous Ecchi scenes and the pacing, but in general I did like the characters and story.

I will agree that the last few chapters definitely seemed rushed, though. And Chapter 23 in particular seemed like it was throwing a bone to all of the readers that were shipping Miyaji and Yukimori, as if the author knew that he would piss them all off with the yuri ending. Hey, maybe that was why the manga ended up rushed - the magazine cancelled it because it was going more and more towards an actual yuri end!

As for the yuri itself, I'm really glad that the author went through to with it, especially when you look at the earlier chapters. Yukimori's and Sarina's relationship, while also kinda rushed, was still pretty enjoyable overall with them getting closer and Sarina's realization in Chapter 20. I do wish there was more time to develop it, and to just show them dating. That last panel of Chapter 20, with the closeted girl classmates secretly being happy about the kiss was a nice touch.

Finally, I was wondering - is there a Volume 4 Special? There were specials for the other volumes too, which is why I'm asking.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Chapter 23 was really just Miyaji putting his feelings on paper. Honestly, this happens to everyone who has an unrequited love. We play all sorts of fantasy scenarios in our minds where we are together with our love interest, outside the bounds of our real situation.

last edited at Dec 31, 2018 7:38AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Chapter 23 was really just Miyaji putting his feelings on paper. Honestly, this happens to everyone who has an unrequited love. We play all sorts of fantasy scenarios in our minds where we are together with our love interest, outside the bounds of our real situation.

I interpreted it as more a roundabout thank-you for the role Yukimori played in Miyaji getting over a rather rough patch in life, wrapped up as an actually marketable storyboard (he is restarting his mangaka career after all). Seemed to be more or less how she read it too.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Corypha posted:

Ah, sorry, there was a bit of a misunderstanding. I was thinking about making the manga overall. It may be just me, but I feel like the mangaka has some kind of goal by coming up with this story and drawing it. I thought the same for Kodomo no Jikan. I mean, they're mostly comedy, but sometimes I feel like the conversations get deep, probably too deep. Then again, I may be overthinking.

Well you asked why it was rushed and I gave you the most common explanation. But yea, authors usually have some specific idea or a reason for coming up with certain stories. If it got volume release I think there should be some afterwords from author. But what kinda information they tell us in those differs from author to author.

To reply you must either login or sign up.